It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EARN IT Its back.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Its back that bill/act that we all thought it would be gone for good? its back.
Its being pushed by a liberal and the biggest war monger republican Lindsey graham. This time they are using the claims that they are pushing the act in order to protect your family members the children.

The more you look at the bill/act the more dystopian it looks.

Stop the EARN IT Act to Save Our Privacy
It’s Back: Senators Want EARN IT Bill to Scan All Online Messages

People don’t want outsiders reading their private messages —not their physical mail, not their texts, not their DMs, nothing. It’s a clear and obvious point, but one place it doesn’t seem to have reached is the U.S. Senate.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   
If this act/bill passes our Privacy would be in danger.
imagine the government looking into your private messages on FB or other platforms while talking to your family members and friends in your own language.

Or pretending that they care "Think of the Children" will looking through your images..

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina), U.S. Senators Richard Blumenthal (D-Connecticut), Josh Hawley (R-Missouri) and Ranking Member Dianne Feinstein (D-California) today introduced bipartisan legislation to encourage the tech industry to take online child sexual exploitation seriously.

The Eliminating Abusive and Rampant Neglect of Interactive Technologies Act (EARN IT Act) would create incentives for companies to “earn” liability protection for violations of laws related to online child sexual abuse material (CSAM).

The legislation is also cosponsored by U.S. Senators Kevin Cramer (R-North Dakota), Doug Jones (D-Alabama), Joni Ernst (R-Iowa), Bob Casey (D-Pennsylvania), Sheldon Whitehouse (D-Rhode Island), and Dick Durbin (D-Illinois).

I've been telling my husband for a long time that Graham is a Rino, and not a good person. Him and Mitch McConnel were cut from the same cloth.
www.judiciary.senate.gov... -to-encourage-tech-industry-to-take-online-child-sexual-exploitation-seriously

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

They are and will be using this as a excuse heavily in order to pass it. This could target anyone even the slightest of what they deem sexual exploitation.

online child sexual exploitation seriously

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   
PRISM and Five Eyes already do this.

They have a mirror link at AT&T, and were even tapping Google's internal unencrypted fiber optic cables (which have allegedly ceased).

Those are just off the top of my head.

Wait till the laws against encryption come.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

You Know , Lindsey Graham is Gay . That Would Explain A Lot...........Hmm..

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It sounds like privatising what the NSA and other surveillance aparati already do.

If anyone is curious as to where Rs and Ds agree with bipartisan support, its the further eroding of your rights.

Pay attention.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

It sounds like privatising what the NSA and other surveillance aparati already do.

Precisely.

We are the products now, and they profit off of us veiled behind consent and not only sell the data, but give it to big brother too.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Here is the bill in question
www.congress.gov...

I'm reading through it but so far it just seems to be about stopping child sexual exploitation.
Where's the part about scanning emails or texts??

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 07:40 PM
link   

would create incentives for companies to “earn” liability protection for violations of laws related to online child sexual abuse material

What does that mean?

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

would create incentives for companies to “earn” liability protection for violations of laws related to online child sexual abuse material

What does that mean?

Sounds like coercion, if the companies "play ball" and give them access to their user data, they can be protected from any liability. Black mail like.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

This bill is bad for artists and anyone really. I find absurd how the polticans always use "Think of the Children" in order to pass bills that spy on innocent millions of Americans.
edit on 8-2-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

They have a mirror link at AT&T, and were even tapping Google's internal unencrypted fiber optic cables (which have allegedly ceased).

exactly. They are just fishing for public approval now.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Our privacy is very much an illusion. Old news indeed.

Edward Snowden pointed out years ago how privacy is an illusion in this day and age.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 08:00 AM
link   

This is just more icing on a cake with many many layers already.

Project Echelon began back in the '90's. It gave government alphabet agencies the ability to scan billions of communications in real time on a daily basis.

In fact, it has been suggested that ECHELON may intercept as many as 3 billion communications everyday, including phone calls, e-mail messages, Internet downloads, satellite transmissions, and so on.(2) The ECHELON system gathers all of these transmissions indiscriminately, then distills the information that is most heavily desired through artificial intelligence programs. Some sources have claimed that ECHELON sifts through an estimated 90 percent of all traffic that flows through the Internet.
This quote was from 1999. The capabilities now far exceed those of the past.

Privacy has been an illusion for quite a while now.

link
edit on 9-2-2022 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

exactly. They are just fishing for public approval now.

I know that several countries have tried to pass legislation against encryption... That's a big concern of mine.

Hell, we already see a tightening up here over finance and crypto. It's not too much different. The crypto aspect is a little understandable even though I disagree with it, but there are people who make a lot of money and don't report it. But they are even looking at traditional banking over transfers of a few hundred dollars.

They want our lives to be fully transparent, and they're not even hiding it anymore.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

What does that mean?

I wish I could tell you; it was spelled out in the article, but my link has been removed- as has any information regarding concerns or opposition to the bill. That alone tells me it probably isn't a good thing....

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   

How is it bad for people. I really don't see it.

Please be specific.

new topics

top topics

join