It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bugatti supercar at 259MPH / 415 KMH on German autobahn

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Holy molly... I know there are no official speed limit on German autobahn, but perhaps there will now.

Millionaire guy could face two years in jail after he sparked outrage when he was filmed driving £2.5m Bugatti supercar

racing down the A2 between Berlin and Hanover. Like many sections of autobahn there was no speed limit.

His stunt sparked outrage in Germany and prompted safety campaigners to call for speed limits to be introduced on the autobahn, where there are currently no restrictions outside urban areas.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

That's not exactly smart or safe. I bet at least half of the other drivers he passed, didn't even see him until he flew by, unless they just happened to be staring into their mirror during the brief time he was approaching. If one of them had moved over into the center or left lanes, there's not a dam thing he could've done about it.

Now that being said, I thought 'No Speed Limit' meant that there was not a speed limit. Is that not what it means?

I guess maybe he shouldn't have allowed the camera to show his face at the end of the video.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I don't think there's a road in Québec where he could have done it safely. The road looked smooth despite the patches. Impressive!

And, well, the (super)car apparently can handle it. Mine shakes between 120 and 130 but stabilises again when I hit 140... Km/h, of course.

I agree it was dangerous on his part. I guess that's why he stayed over the white line for a while when he hit the floor to "have a chance" to move either way if...

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I like driving fast but that's so irresponsible, take it to the racetrack, as a billionaire i'm sure he can afford to rent a high speed loop for the day rather than endangering other innocent road users with his stupidity.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Exactamente

He could have hit anyone with a normal car doing a calm lane change with signals .

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I wonder what types of wildlife are in that area.

I know where I'm at, even if there was a nice straight road where I could get up to that speed, and if there was nobody else on the road, I'd almost certainly hit a dam deer.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles
I wonder what types of wildlife are in that area.

I know where I'm at, even if there was a nice straight road where I could get up to that speed, and if there was nobody else on the road, I'd almost certainly hit a dam deer.

I bet the deer wont feel much when hit with that speed... I wonder what would happen to the car.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I guess the question is what speed is safe when there is no speed limit? 259mph isn't safe. What about 175mph? 155mph?

Considering a Bugatti Chiron will set you back about $2.5 million I believe, there aren't a lot of them on the road. One incident hardly warrants changing the law if everyone else is being responsible.

I see super bike riders hitting 150 to 175mph around here all the time and Chicago highways ain't no autobahn by any stretch of the imagination.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   

This is just a guess, but I'd assume that hitting almost any animal at those speeds would make you lose control, and probably start spinning and flipping. Maybe not every single time, but the chances are probably much greater that it would cause a crash.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I guess the question is what speed is safe when there is no speed limit? 259mph isn't safe. What about 175mph? 155mph?

Perhaps he could explain it to this judge?

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'm going to disagree and say it was risky but not unsafe.

First of all it looks like it was really early in the morning - hence the traffic being so light.

Secondly, in Germany, people don't just pull out of traffic or sit in the middle lane like other countries.

So no speed limit, I see no problem.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles
Holy fuel consumption!
Imagine hitting a pot hole at that speed,the car may have entered orbit.

Crazy doing that speed in public.
Apparently that cars top speed is a record breaking 304mph,although it was modified and done on a track.
www.cnet.com...

That record may be eternal as we seem to be near the end of the road for the combustion engine.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Millionaire guy could face two years in jail after he sparked outrage when he was filmed driving £2.5m Bugatti supercar

Not a chance he will be judged by the laws for the rich

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Man this video makes me miss my superbikes.
He's got 54mph on my top speed though.
Got to stay alive for the familam now though, so back to the trails only for me.
The tires alone on that machine are ridiculous.
Big $$
edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: Fix bad math

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Dude, I was clenched up in the back shoot watching that.
I was just waiting for an idiot deer to run out or something.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The guy is a Czech and he occasionally crosses to Germany to test his supercars on the autobahn.

He set out very early in the morning to do this test and took scouts with him to make sure the road was clear.

After he'd completed the test, Bugatti sent him an award for achieving the fastest speed on a public road ever recorded.

This was all legal and nobody was hurt.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I like this one because Lamborghini...

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 06:51 PM
link   

415kmh.....pfft!

From 2017...

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

It's all fun and games till you're a smear on a concrete wall.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

He can see what's in front of him. You lack this info through the camera. And his brakes.
I can tell you that locals are not only used to it but they let you know that the left line is not meant for your VW - Polo at 105 mph to stay. That you should use it quickly and watch your mirrors.
It's Germany. You learn fast. And it works

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join