It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forever Free School Lunches

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Yes school lunches should be free, and they really ought to have better standards

It depends my elementary school in the '70s sucked, they would literally repurpose whatever the main dish was. One day would be sloppy joes, the next day tacos same meat, Wednesday spaghetti with the same meat, Thursday was pizza which was some kind of bread with the same spaghetti meat sauce spread over it and some white cheese that wouldn't melt in the ovens. Friday was chili. It didn't matter the main dish you always got a cruddy vegetable of some kind, corn was a staple either canned or on the cob. But atleast it seemed fresh never got anything moldy but it was yucky enough as it was.

But yes it was free if you qualified for it, and they had breakfast when we got to high school.

But in the 90's I went to my daughter's school for lunch, not saying their food was healthy, but they had a salad bar and 3 options for lunch, you could always get a burger and fries and they always had decent pizza and chicken nuggets and mac and cheese.

YMMV

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It's not the kids fault if they have irresponsible parents, i'm all for things like free school lunches and as much support for them as possible. Not so keen on things like family allowance as most of the time the parent's use it like a free lunch for themselves to load up on beer and cigarettes. I'd much prefer the government handed out food and clothes vouchers then subsidised elec and gas.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I think we would be a lot better off if we relied on each other, instead of the government.

My mom was poor poor, like 3rd world country poor. She said even though they were poor they all shared any little bit they had. I do think that was a better way.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

It is the responsibility of the parents to raise the child.

Not the state.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

When the parents shirk that responsibility do you think those kids should be left to the wolves?

link   

originally posted by: Grenade

It's not the kids fault if they have irresponsible parents, i'm all for things like free school lunches and as much support for them as possible. Not so keen on things like family allowance as most of the time the parent's use it like a free lunch for themselves to load up on beer and cigarettes. I'd much prefer the government handed out food and clothes vouchers then subsidised elec and gas.

We are talking about feeding kids, but in a way we really aren't. We are really talking about the family unit.
I do believe somewhere in the not too distant future children will belong more to the state than the family.
You see this in communist socieities. All property (including people) are owned by the state. We aren't far off.

link   
Under New Thought Schools are rebranded Indoctrination Centres and the Offspring (not the band) are being implanted with Correct Thought, Government Cheese, and Self Correcting Behaviour so they don't go against Uncle Dickwad

EDIT and I am not even 40 years old yet FFS. That comes in a year. yay

fml

edit on 8/2/2022 by chris_stibrany because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:31 PM
link   

When the parents shirk that responsibility do you think those kids should be left to the wolves?

In the animal kingdom yes they are. As humans????
In a way are we making our species weaker?

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I really hope more parents take up private/charter schools and also homeschooling.
We need to stamp this Marxist sh# in the bud. It's already mostly too late.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Name me one thing the government has done right and you may have a point.

Once we allow the state to be the authority on what constitutes proper child-rearing, then we are screwed because everything we'll have to do will be mandated by the state.

link   

I agree, i know many people who don't deserve children and use them as tools to live off state support.

Personally i've never taken a penny from the government and would never do so but then i'm from a large and traditional family who support each other at all costs.

link   
Well the stupidest part of that and history in general is that
a. this already happened in Soviet Russia, Nazi Germany and others and
b. it didnt work , so yay a whole generation ort 2 said no so
c. how are we here AGAIN already??!?!!

people suck

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Again tho i ask, if those parent's are unable or unwilling to work to feed their children, what fate do you suppose those children deserve? As much as i agree with you i just can't support leaving young children to live in squalor in a country of plenty.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

I really hope more parents take up private/charter schools and also homeschooling.
We need to stamp this Marxist sh# in the bud. It's already mostly too late.

Look how many here, on this thread are advocating for government to step in and care for children!

*shakes head*

Two weeks to flatten the curve! Trust the SCIENCE! OBEY!

fml indeed.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   
amen

and a kitten

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Again tho i ask, if those parent's are unable or unwilling to work to feed their children, what fate do you suppose those children deserve? As much as i agree with you i just can't support leaving young children to live in squalor in a country of plenty.

Name me a time in history, any history, that children weren't living in squalor?

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Absolutely not advocating that at all, you're completely right it's the parents responsibility to care for children but i can't support leaving those kids to die of starvation should the parents be incapable of providing that care. Again, children shouldn't be punished for the sins of their fathers.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   

What Grenade (?!) doesn't understand is that these cases of parental neglect are infinitesimally small compared to properly raised kids in public school systems. I would hazard 2 to 5 per grade ,really. I used to teach and I used to be a student myself!
A lot of the parents use the hands outs to save money. duh.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I can't, but i also can't justify leaving them to starve. The system isn't perfect but to take state support out of the equation would condemn innocent children to death. The alternative to me is more abhorrent than the admittedly flawed system we have.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Maybe in the circles you roam, when i was a kid in Glasgow at least 80% of the kids in my class were dependant on state support to feed and house them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join