It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufology Diploma Course

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Source: Ufology Diploma Course

…..”Who Would Benefit from This Course?

Are we alone in space? The Ufology Diploma Course is perfect for anyone who has considered life beyond our planet or who seek an explanation for the currently unexplainable. Those who are more reserved in their beliefs may also find interest in the historical aspect of how UFOs reports have been perceived over time and the organisations created by governments tasked with finding the truth behind them.”…..

Well here is a way to challenge yourself as Armchair UFOLOGISTS.

Take this course and see if you can Ace it!

Is it a degree in UFOLOGY? You’d be hard pressed, to get a Bachelors Degree in UFOLOGY from any recognized accredited college/university system…….at least last I checked….years ago.

There’s a tuition sale going on now.

Will I take it? No, my knowledge is limited, and there’s no upside for me to parlay this for anything other than perhaps having a novelty diploma hanging on my “I love Me Wall” with the rest of a lifetimes worth of Atta Boys.

But if you feel so inclined….go for it. Let us know if you Ace’d it.

👽🛸🍸
edit on 8-2-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1
Modules 4, 5, and 7 suggest this course was written by a nut, who is teaching it?

I think based on those modules, people taking this course would likely finish dumber instead of smarter.

12 parts on the module for alien contact and abduction (for which no verifiable evidence exists*), but how many parts for the module on manipulation of the UFO topic by the intelligence community, and also charlatans who call themselves UFOlogists?

*Hitchens's razor

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Future "Space Farce" personnel spring to mind.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 06:31 AM
link   

More money making rot. How about joining Gary Heseltines course (more tosh). It started out at 75 euro but he decided to give it away for free.

The never ending story of humanity. How to profit on something or someone.

edit on 8-2-2022 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I also have a ufo course I am selling. send me 1 bitcoin and I will link you to all the good ats knowledge you will ever need.

Give me your money, allowance day!

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I imagine something similar in like an ant hill. We still don't care and do our thing while the ants "hunt" us, ants not being any wiser and we do not notice, except they get into our food and become an annoyance. Then the debate starts about how to get rid of them quick.

a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman
Is the rabbit attached? The rabbit is attached to it right?

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

No one has ever been abducted by an 'alien'?

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 07:01 PM
link   
There's also this, from University of Michigan's Michigan Online:
UFOs: Scanning the Skies Teach-Out

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

More experts so I see. Isn't that the uni who settled a massive law suit. Some pervert doctor .

They can keep that UFO course too. I'm bored with UFO experts.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Or you can be a little more selective regarding what you occupy your mind with or fill it with (as per my signature). “For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome* [Or “healthful; beneficial.”] teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.* [Or “to tell them what they want to hear.”] They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.” (2 Timothy 4:3,4)

“So we should no longer be children, tossed about as by waves and carried here and there by every wind of teaching by means of the trickery of men, by means of cunning in deceptive schemes.” (Ephesians 4:14)

There's no useful education offered in the OP after all, only a deceptive scheme for attention, offering something designed to tickle the ears and intrigue a potential audience and target market (a niche market in this case), the way the entertainment industry does it.

As means of communicating have expanded—from printing to the telephone, radio, television, and the Internet—the flow of persuasive messages has dramatically accelerated. This communications revolution has led to information overload, as people are inundated by countless messages from every quarter. Many respond to this pressure by absorbing messages more quickly and accepting them without questioning or analyzing them.

Some people today are like sponges; they soak up whatever they come across. It is all too easy to absorb whatever is around us.

But it is far better for each individual personally to choose wisely what he will feed his mind. It is said that we are what we eat, and this can apply to food for both the body and the mind.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

No one has ever been abducted by an 'alien'?
That's not what I said, is it?

Travis Walton hoaxed his abduction.
Betty Hill's doctor didn't think Betty Hill had actually been abducted, but he thought she believed she really thought she had been abducted. She influenced her husband by telling him about her "experience".

Like Betty Hill, many other people claim to have had alien abduction experiences, and I think the majority of those are more along the lines of Betty Hill than Travis Walton, meaning they are not hoaxers but people who genuinely believe they have been abducted, and for whatever reason aren't aware of, or don't seem to want to accept the more plausible explanation for their experiences, again like Betty Hill.

A former ATS member claimed he had been repeatedly abducted, so I asked him about setting up nannycams to record the abduction, but there was always some excuse why he didn't do it. I would have been fascinated if he had been able to make a recording of himself being abducted, because then we would finally at least have some actual evidence to examine, but as I already said, so far there's no verifiable evidence of any abduction.

Even if we had such video evidence, we would still have to rule out more earthly explanations, like this (which also turned out to be a hoax but I still wouldn't rule out the possibility).

Could there have been a genuine alien abduction, or more than one? I can't rule it out because I can't prove a negative, but anybody teaching a course about alien abductions is misleading their students since the evidence points to the abduction experiences being psychological (except for the guy in dressed in the alien suit using drugs and special effects).

If I was teaching the course, I'd probably title a module something like this though to avoid plagiarism I'd have to use some variant:

Alien Abduction? Science Calls It Sleep Paralysis

Alien abduction claims explained: Sleep paralysis, false memories involved

The last article in the Harvard Gazette mentiones a book by Susan Clancy called "“Abducted: How People Come to Believe They Were Kidnapped by Aliens”, which should probably be one of the required reading books for a course taught about reports of alien abductions.

Does that explain "all" of the abduction reports? I don't know, I can't claim to have studied all abduction reports, but it seems to fit most reports which I have studied, except for the Travis Walton abduction which is really a hoax.

edit on 202229 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Here's something else.

www.grenzwissenschaft-aktuell.de... 11W1g2lSEO7g1CEpX4MzavWdkvlzLzu26Wafewppid5YvpemehAmItUVM

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 09:54 PM
link   

except for the Travis Walton abduction which is really a hoax.

Some don't agree of course and it's still marketed and sold. There's a fancy trailer out just now on it all.

The photo of that freak above does not require any alien costume. Sickening.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep
Here's something else.

www.grenzwissenschaft-aktuell.de... 11W1g2lSEO7g1CEpX4MzavWdkvlzLzu26Wafewppid5YvpemehAmItUVM

Direct link…….

IFEX – Interdisciplinary Research Center for Extraterrestrial Studies

👽🛸🍻

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:38 AM
link   

That's better thankyou.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep
Some don't agree of course and it's still marketed and sold.
Some people don't think Billy Meier was a hoaxer. That doesn't mean he wasn't, it just means some people will believe anything, no matter much the evidence suggests otherwise.

I wasn't that skeptical of Walton's story when I first heard it, but what I heard initially was biased, and at that time, I didn't have access to things like this on the internet:

Link to rare video of suppressed polygraph examiner Jack McCarthy

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Even if Betty Hills doctor did believe she was abducted by aliens it's not like he would come out and say, unless of course he wanted to not be a doctor any longer. Regardless of my opinion on the case that's hardly evidence, "her Doctor doesn't think she was abducted by aliens" hahaha

I think a bunch of people who believe they were abducted had suffered from sleep paralysis. I dealt with sleep paralysis for years, would get it once every 3-6 months some times longer and until I found out what SP was and I understood it I was believing a my instances were real as well (not getting abducted but thinking and hearing that "Intruders" were trying to get into my house or intruders were in my house and you truly believe what happened during SP was real.)

Edit- I didn't even see you covered the SP thing in your post the first time I read it, that Alien rapist post/picture was too much I guess lol didn't notice you had more text after it

edit on 10-2-2022 by MisguidedAngel because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2022 by MisguidedAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MisguidedAngel

Dr. Simon came to his conclusions after looking at the evidence that Betty Hill provided and gave the reasons why he was skeptical. It wasn't some off the cuff remark that he was skeptical based off only his opinion. Read the Interrupted Journey and see what is said. Better yet, listen to Simon's radio interview in 1975 I link below.

He believed the last portion of the incident was influenced by a series of nightmares Betty had 10 days following the incident. She had written down these dreams in 1961 and brought them to the hypnotic sessions with Dr. Simon once he asked for them. It was obvious to him where these detailed descriptions came from, her dreams/nightmares. The radio interview is telling of his belief in this case.

youtu.be...
edit on 10-2-2022 by Ectoplasm8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ectoplasm8
It was obvious to him where these detailed descriptions came from, her dreams/nightmares. The radio interview is telling of his belief in this case.

youtu.be...
Great interview, too bad about the noise that comes and goes, but Dr Simon thought the dream description Betty wrote down was nearly identical to her supposed experience. What's odd is that when he pointed this out to Betty and asked her if they seemed the same to her, she said no, because of steps versus a ramp to board the space ship, which she seemed to think was a huge difference, but to Dr Simon it was only one tiny detail in the overall story that was otherwise nearly identical to the dream she had written down. It's impossible for me to listen to that interview and believe that Dr. Simon is suppressing an opinion that Betty Hill's abduction actually happened. In fact had the evidence gone some other way, he sounded rather open-minded to me and would have considered the possibility of an actual abduction, but the document Betty typed up following her dream convinced him that was a match to the story, and he seemed a bit puzzled why Betty was overblowing the "steps versus ramp" issue when otherwise the stories were nearly identical. I think that's an early sign of Betty's cognitive issues which may have escalated when she was later claiming to see from 50-100 UFOs per night.

I also found it interesting that Dr. Simon criticized the author of the NICAP report for not following up on the only cited physical evidence in the entire case, the spots on the car. Not that the spots would have necessarily provided great evidence, but the fact that the investigator never bothered to even look at the only piece of physical evidence claimed to be associated with the case, does seem like a huge omission which one could characterize as a shoddy investigation.

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I felt Dr. Simon approached this case with a skeptical mind and was convinced it was part of her dreams after reading Betty's own words and making the connection. Like you said, he seemed open minded to the idea of abduction if the evidence presented itself.

Dr. Simon wasn't hiding the truth because the scientific community would look down on him and his career would tank if he said publically that he believed. Betty's own words tanked it. It's only more silly and sad tactics used. This is the man that's directly responsible for drawing out this portion of the story from Betty.

edit on 11-2-2022 by Ectoplasm8 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join