It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time keepers [TT2022]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I step trough the 7 concentric rings each emitting a colored glow.
On the other side my older me welcomes me:
"welcome to the future, you made it into the academy, what a surprise. How was your trip?"

Me: "the usual"

I ask myself: "What are you going to study?"

Me: "Time law."

"Oh yeah I remeber." I say jokingly.

Me: "please spare me the time jokes and show me my room, I'm tired"

"Ok, While I show you the way to your room, let me tell you a short story about sol 3 which it's inhabitants like to call earth and how they wrote history.

Time travel was long over due for it's inhabitants and so was the change of perspective to achieve it. So after earth was initiated, things happend very fast.

Earth has always been known to be creative, unfortunately an economy with infinite growth was the menu of the day and it capitalised time travel too.

Word spread and as we know a solid linear time thought has become a rarity throughout the universe.
Beings who forgot how to think linear would pay good money to visit one.

The business was novel, unregulated and booming.

Soon linearity wasn't appreciated any more amongst earthlings. The norm was zapping trough time at will.
To the point that earth past got unstable. More and more earthlings stopped paying attention to the linear proceedings that were inevitable for timetravel to even make sense.

The earth past started to dwindle faster and with it the time travel corporations profits. To counter that, a new agency was born. Their sole purpose was to make sure that linearity was maintained.

As it's all depending on the onlooker future/past/present. They came up with the idea, to go back in time and raise kids that will never have the cognitive abilities to grasp time-travel.
They'll remain in the linear thinking assuring time travel will stay interesting.

They decided to inoculate the 21 century, one generation before time travel became consensus.
The first earthlings, that were totally incapable to understand time and it's interwoven space fabric, were called time keepers.
Parents got good pay, going back training their kids to be time keepers.

All in all it was a good business but a constant fight against evolution.

One day a time keeper figured out and messed with the fabric of space time.
After the first time ripples big enough to be detected, the time cops showed up at the ripples source.

The time keeper was totally unaware of what was happening. The action that caused the ripples, he considered just a figment of his imagination.
How could it not be, after all that's what the world has been telling him, all along.

It's all in your head, time travel does not exist, it's just a figment of your imagination.

After scrutiny he was, although the source of the ripples, considered innocent.
This incident was the reason for many new laws in the Codex_Temporalis. You will learn all about.

And with that we have reached our destiny.
See you arround."

The End

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Enjoyed your take on the Time Travel Theme.

Appreciate your submission and wish you Good Luck!
Johnny

^ETA*
Don't forget to make up a 'post' (with a link to your story here) inside our Contest Thread so people can quickly check it out!

edit on 2/7/2022 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   
That's a good plot and setup, something I have not come across yet in books in that form and shape.

I like it, something new!

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Wait a year I promise someone is going to steal my idea and make it into a book

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Not if you are faster!

Also since you go to breath some sieved air soon, might as well smuggle in some paper and a pen!

If only for a day, you can even trade the pen for cash before you leave. Raw materials for stabbing tools should get you a good dinner when you're out.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   

If you'd go with the story. you'd wonder, am I a time keeper and this is why it's novel to me...

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I did not because you wrote the time keeper is unaware, how could you be the time keeper if you wrote it down.

This is a reverse 4th wall break. Interesting.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I don't know, ask the time cops

top topics

join