It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Sounds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I think this is one aspect of the paranormal that most people can agree on.

First my story.
A few weeks ago my daughter and I were sitting on the sofa. Out of nowhere, a strum of a guitar was heard.
We were alone, and nothing was on.
We immediately looked at each other and said “did you hear that”. Of course we did, it was clear as day.
Then we started brainstorming what it was. I knew there was no logical explanation . We literally heard a guitar strum.
After my mother died, I heard her voice very faintly calling my dad. My other daughter heard her say the word “nothing”.
Somehow none of us are the least bit creeped out by any of it, if anything it is almost funny….

I know you guys have heard things, so spill the beans. What sounds, words, screams, things have you heard that defy explanation?
We call these things “paranormal”, but I wonder, is it really ghostly, or is it sound trapped in time somehow?

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

About 15 years ago, I was sitting in my recliner and my wife was on the couch. It was roughly 10:00 so the kids, still small at the time, were in bed. My wife and I were both reading so the house was pretty quiet. I heard a small child's voice very distinctly whisper "Daddy" in my ear.

Lat week I was home alone, wife and son both gone to work hours ago, and was walking through the living room and heard a voice say my son's name. It was his voice.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   
When I was about 11 [1978-ish], I was one day supposed to be home alone. No problem, I looked forward to it. I could cook already and wasn't ever bored.
So I sat in the Kitchen on the 7th floor of our towerblock and ate, when I heard someone breathing heavily.
In and out, as if they had asthma.
Not irregular and not regular either. Because I was already logic minded, I listened out for that in order to determine if it was breath I could hear or something else.
The longer I listened, the closer I got to pooping my pants. I couldn't think of anything at all that sounded like that apart from someone breathing.
I even called out, because there had to be someone there. No other possibility, those were heavy breaths. In and out, in and out.
I got a knife and went slowly round every room, but I knew nobody was there as I had unlocked a locked front door and you couldn't get in any other way.
I was born there and my parents moved in when it was brand new, so I knew every nook and cranny and noise...so I thought.

Well sorry to burst the paranormal bubble, which I have no doubt would have been my conclusion had I been anywhere else and legged it.
It took me ages, but eventually I figured that it was the central heating system, just turning the wheel a tiny bit made it stop.

It had never sounded like that before and never after, the swine😒 . But it taught me a lesson. Most things you hear can be explained somehow, by something you'd never, ever think of.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

About 15 years ago, I was sitting in my recliner and my wife was on the couch. It was roughly 10:00 so the kids, still small at the time, were in bed. My wife and I were both reading so the house was pretty quiet. I heard a small child's voice very distinctly whisper "Daddy" in my ear.

Lat week I was home alone, wife and son both gone to work hours ago, and was walking through the living room and heard a voice say my son's name. It was his voice.

When I heard my mom call my dads name, it was also in her native language.
It was also fainter than a normal voice and sounded crackly/dry.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   
There is one thing I can definitely link to paranormal sounds, which is a burrito.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   

My father-in-law and I used to love sitting out together with a good scotch and a fine cigar.
He was a minister...and an aviator in the RAF during WW2. Brilliant and wonderful man...and we would talk for hours.

When he died...I went up to his casket and slipped a couple of our favorite cigars into the inside pocket of his suit jacket.

I'd given up cigars years ago...but on several occasions I have smelled that cigar out of nowhere when nobody else was around.

I always know this is him dropping by to look in on me.
edit on 7-2-2022 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Not told this to many..

I was around 12 or 13.. playing in my room with a friend.
I heard a sound outside the window of my room, that looks out over a big empty field.
I cannot describe the sound because I cannot remember it how it sounded.
Sounds strange BUT the sound scared me somehow, and it scared me more then I ever been, my friend did not hear it, we where listening to music at the same time I remember.. But I heard something else, and perhaps I saw something move past the window very fast at the same time. I hit in the corner of the room, in a way to what ever it was cannot see me ( next to the window ) I began crying and shaking and was afraid the say something.. and I remember my friend asking me what is wrong again and again.. I kept silent and making a hush signs with my finger to him.. It still creeps me out thinking about it, I cannot remember getting scared much as a kid.. but some how this did. I remember I believed it was some kind of ghost looking in at us while playing.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I'll share a story I shared in another forum which resembles your own:

Halloween at age nine, which I believe was in 1988. Small rural community in Atlantic Canada on the coast. You couldn’t see the ocean from here but you’d hear the waves crashing against the rocks. It was dark and cold, of course. I forget which costume I was wearing, but probably a vampire or something similar. Strong winds gusting through the tree limbs.

This was the first time I ever experienced an anxiety spell, and I could not then or now explain how or why it came over me. I remember meeting all my friends at my best friend’s house, we’re all dressed up and excited, and some parents are there. And I felt odd. The room started spinning. It wasn’t quite fatigue or vertigo because I didn’t feel tired or off balance exactly, just beside myself. It was rather like I’d been drugged or had gotten drunk, but I don’t think I drank or ate anything after leaving home that could possibly have been spiked somehow.

And so, I politely apologized to my friends but said I’d go home because I wasn’t feeling well. Told the adults I didn’t need a ride because I was fine. Think I just wanted some fresh air and some time to think. My parents were out driving my sister and her friends around, so I had to go to my grandparents’ house. There was no one around outside, which wasn’t surprising for a small community one reaches through roads which break off from other roads which extend from the highway. No cars or signs of life. But I didn’t have that far to walk, maybe 10 minutes.

The night was atmospheric from occasional streetlights beaming through the fog, and all the tree limbs creaking from the strong winds. Because I was a spiritual and curious kid I was half captivated by the eerie spectacle of the scene around me and half frightened by it. I remember walking slowly, trying to figure out what had bothered me that night. But suddenly there came this burst of singing—a man crying out loudly in wondrous song, thrashing his acoustic guitar in a wild frenzy. I immediately felt I was hearing a dead man sprung up from the ground—whether in ghost or undead form—celebrating a sacred moment of feeling alive again. I was naturally alarmed, standing still for a moment in shock.

But even to a nine year old kid, this seemed like an idea from a horror film. So I looked over the woods it was coming from for a more likely explanation. There was an old church in need of fresh paint, closed and only opened Sunday mornings. There was a little house nearby where a single man lived who was known to drink a lot, but this was from the woods behind the church (the church being next door to his house.) But the lights in his house were also off. Kids had rumored there was a hidden cemetery in the woods behind the old church. These woods were dark, and there was no hint of candlelight to suggest someone had a lantern from which they could see the guitar they were playing. The sound and the very essence of the music was ghostly, eerie, and out of this world.

I told myself this had to be a prank, but who would hide away in the woods in such a small community where no one trick-or-treated but for cars dropping kids off to each individual house? No one would be walking by there. And it seemed almost impossible they could have spotted little me walking on a dimly lit street from the woods behind the church. It just didn’t make sense. But the singing and guitar strumming was loud and very real. I suddenly gasped and bolted up the road beside the trees from which the music was coming. My grandparents’ house was very close by. Running like I did, maybe less than a minute.

Running inside, my grandparents were aghast as I slammed and locked the door, and closed all the curtains. They said they’d never seen me so scared before. To this day, I have no idea what happened that night, or why. An anxiety spell out of nowhere. Then a man singing and playing guitar all alone in the dark woods. I later found out the rumored cemetery wasn’t true. So perhaps it was just a man playing in the dark to scare kids...even if there none to be around that night. Except me, by mere happenstance.

And another story of mine shared previously:

One sunny morning I sat on the couch and started reading a magazine of my mom’s (which I never did.) The TV was on, volume low. The dog lay in the den, asleep, and a cat on one of the lower steps. I was home alone. A noise started in my parents’ bedroom. At first it sounded like two of our cats were running around (perhaps one chasing the other) as they knocked things down off nightstands, etc. I was surprised, as our cats were not that active and my parents always kept their bedroom door closed. But the bumps and crashes grew louder and louder, to the point where it sounded as if a man was throwing lamps and book shelves around. And then, even worse, as if large pieces of furniture were being thrown. And even worse, as if they were erratically being thrown off the walls as if the room was literally going amok by itself! After I stood, it stopped.

The animals kept sleeping, undisturbed. The thrashes did not echo off the walls, but the sound was very clear and loud. I didn’t feel anything negative about it however. I walked up the stairs, inspecting my sister’s room first (I knew it came from the other room but her door was open and it seemed sensible to check.) Then I opened my parents’ door, expecting to see an utter wreck. Instead, everything was fairly neat and tidy. No lamp was knocked over, not a book on the floor.

Six months later, I admitted this experience to my mother and sister. They both turned to me with shocked expressions and came out with the same exact reply: “No, it happened to me!” We talked it over and apparently each of us had experienced the same exact scenario: home alone on a sunny day, reading on the couch, a cat on a step and the dog near the steps, crashing in my parents’ room which started low and but got worse to the point where no human could have been responsible. In each case, we didn’t get any threatening vibes from it. We’d look in the room and saw nothing wrong.

Only my father never experienced this, and interestingly, he’s never sat on the couch. He always sat in his rocking chair by the wood stove.

And yes, these are true stories. Not made up. Not that everyone has to believe. But they happened.
edit on 7-2-2022 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

I 100% believe you, because I have experienced it.

I lived in a very old house in a historic district. I saw a "man" covered in blood hoovering outside my 2nd story window.
Found out later the house belonged to a Doctor and I believe he treated people in that room that was converted into a kitchen (how sick is that right?). I never believed in the paranormal until that moment. It is the one event that still gives me shivers to this day.

The person who told me that a Dr. lived there at the turn of the century was also very creepy. It was a very very old lady that lived in what I called the Vampire house. It was exactly what you would think of when you think of vampires. It even had the old wrought iron scrolled fencing. She invited me over for tea. Heck to the NO, I know that I was going to be the tea!!!!!! That whole area had some very bad energy.

Oddly when a huge hurricane blew through the area that house (the one I was renting, not the vampire house) was completely, and I mean completely untouched. Even though it was surrounded by trees, not a single limb fell near the house. I remember telling my mom how unbelieveable it was.

edit on 7-2-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I have had many strange encounters throughout my life that would fall in the 'paranormal' category, starting ate age three. I eventually came to the conclusion that everybody has a 'sixth' sense, but not everybody acknowledges them, let alone consciously develops them.

Call it 'intuitive' if you will; my grandmother 'knew' things. I 'know' things, and some of my children 'know' things.

A favorite family pastime at Christmas is to guess what the gift is before opening it. Two of my four children and my granddaughter are spot on more often than not. A few years ago my husband gave me a box that weighed far more than its size would suggest and dared me to guess what it was. I guess some kind of odd rock; it was a large salt rock lamp. He called me a witch.

I communicate with animals. I can tell when death is coming. I know traumatic experiences people have had without them telling me. When the phone rings, I know who's calling nine times out of ten. I know if there is something unexpected in the mail before I go to the P.O.

I know not to get in a car when my gut tells me not to; learned the hard way when the car accident happened.

I don't see these types of 'paranormal' events as unusual; ESP was part of my survival tool bag growing up and beyond.

I hear voices; I see people. Sometimes I know what things mean, sometimes I don't. One thing I have learned is not to discuss these things with people I know; they'll either think you're crazy or a 'witch'.

My views on why some seem to have paranormal experiences and some don't has changed many times throughout the years, as have my views on what 'paranormal' actually is. For me, it's more normal than not; just using abilities others don't- because they don't even know they have them, let alone how to develop them to their full potential.
edit on 100000055America/Chicago281 by nugget1 because: eta

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 06:16 PM
link   

The exact same thing happened to me a few years back. My son was around 7 or 8 and i was laying in bed with him while he went to sleep, next thing my guitar strummed, not just one string, a full strum.

Sh*t my pants, no explanation for it then or now. I know it wasn't my imagination as it shook up my lad as well. Guitar was 5 feet from me and no-one else in the house.

edit on 7/2/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Around 7-8 years ago, I made a thread about a very weird incident. 2 friends heard a 'disembodied voice' in the room with them. It was late at night, they were sitting there talking. One sitting in a chair, the other on a couch, appx 10 feet apart. As they were talking, there was a pause in the conversation, and a loud, deep male voice out of the proverbial thin air, and right between them said: "Who are you working for?"

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Put a mousetrap on your guitar?

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Solvedit
Put a mousetrap on your guitar?

I dont have one 😳

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I think this is one aspect of the paranormal that most people can agree on.

I know you guys have heard things, so spill the beans. What sounds, words, screams, things have you heard that defy explanation?
We call these things “paranormal”, but I wonder, is it really ghostly, or is it sound trapped in time somehow?

The beans get trapped and ferment. The sounds that emanate are ghoulish.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Out of nowhere, a strum of a guitar was heard.

OK, feel free to fill in some gaps here (unless I missed something). Based on your answering that you don't have a 'mouse trap'... does that mean that you do own a guitar and it has all the strings on it... yes?

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous

OK, feel free to fill in some gaps here (unless I missed something). Based on your answering that you don't have a 'mouse trap'... does that mean that you do own a guitar and it has all the strings on it... yes?

No I don’t own a guitar and don’t have one in the house. My other daughter that lives almost in another state does. She occasionally brings it here when she visits. She however was not here and neither was her guitar.

There is nothing in my house that could even remotely sound like a strum of a guitar.
I even tried to think if it could have been something falling off the roof or other phantom sound like that. Nope.

Although it is kinda scary to think about, when I heard the sound, it sounded as if it was right between the daughter I was sitting with and myself. One short, strum, right between us, as attention grabbing as it could be.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 09:40 AM
link   

There is nothing in my house that could even remotely sound like a strum of a guitar.
I even tried to think if it could have been something falling off the roof or other phantom sound like that. Nope.

Although it is kinda scary to think about, when I heard the sound, it sounded as if it was right between the daughter I was sitting with and myself. One short, strum, right between us, as attention grabbing as it could be.

Just playing Sherlock here...but...

Sometimes the springs inside an old construction couch or chair CAN randomly make a 'musical'-sounding strum noise when being sat upon.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Just playing Sherlock here...but...

Sometimes the springs inside an old construction couch or chair CAN randomly make a 'musical'-sounding strum noise when being sat upon.

I will check, I don’t think so because of where the sound was coming from and the type of couch (it may not have springs), but I’ll check. I wracked my brain seriously trying to think of where a sound like that could come from? Gutters? Ice sliding down? The fireplace? The problem is that I’ve heard those sounds, and although they can sound musical, it is different.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I'd given up cigars years ago...but on several occasions I have smelled that cigar out of nowhere when nobody else was around.

My mom was a chain smoker. Although I absolutely hate the smell of smoke I think what you described would be comforting in the weirdest way.

<<   2 >>

join