It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the X Files forward thinking?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The quote from the X files I believe resonates now more than I guess the producers realised back in the 90’s that in these times should be a philosophy that we all live by, with constant monitoring, tracking, watching spying is:

TRUST NO ONE!

Remember this series was created whilst the internet was in its infancy, smart phones were not a reality.

Now we are so open to tracing, tracking, invasion, theft.

edit on 7-2-2022 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 04:37 AM
link   
The only way to have privacy in this day of age is to live out in the middle of a big unexplored forest, no electronics at all and living like cavemen did back in the day. U might still get picked up by satellites, got to keep a low profile. Perhaps a underground dwelling camouflaged by thick bush on top.

The rest of us are just the regular civilian consumer.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Sorry I dont Trust you!

would you belive that if some one walks up to
you and went in the your home and read every thing.
put camras in your home stole mony from you and your home.
that this is Still illegally to do that?

but do it with his mobile phone and back account its ok.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 05:19 AM
link   
On the X Files, was the Lone Gunman, actually the founding members of Above Top Secret ?

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Inside information might be a more accurate description of the shows uncanny accuracy, Many things we see right now in our new DS world were things the X files were pointing us the whole time.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

We have no excuses. We were not blindsided.

They told us what they were going to do , every step of the way. They told us who they were, and we did not believe them.

We walked into our guilded cages, as they knew we would. Walking in was easy, getting out is going to be a bitch.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

truth. we begged for it, standing in line for the next iphone.

surveil me harder.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Apparently the X-Files were based to a large degree on "Kolchak: The Night Stalker" an American television series that aired on ABC during the 1974–1975 season. That show was mostly about paranormal activity including monsters and UFOs as well as secret government programs.

The X-Files expanded on the conspiracy stories and went into depth on these subjects. Some of the CTs we're clearly close to the truth. That series is worth reviewing for such nuggets of insight IMO.
edit on 7-2-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
Inside information might be a more accurate description of the shows uncanny accuracy, Many things we see right now in our new DS world were things the X files were pointing us the whole time.

Not sure where they got their Easter eggs but some of the episodes are worth a rerun if your original keys didn't fit.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Man that was such a great show. Interesting show content, great effects, production value, acting.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Every Saturday Night on Me TV Kolchak prowls the Supernatural World.

ETA: Darren McGavin played the FBI Agent that started the X Files, and one of the X Files episodes the monster dressed like Kolchak.

edit on 7-2-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Yes at midnight on Saturdays. I've got one eye open if I stay up to see it. I've got them memorized by now anyway, but great old show.

X-Files is on Comet network every weeknight starting at 10pm locally, I haven't been catching that, but plan to.

I didn't know those other trivia tid bits, like the McGavin cameo appearance.

edit on 7-2-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Did you Know there were 2 movies before the show?
The Night Stalker and then The Night Strangler, Both were ABC's movie of the week. Thought maybe writing in to Svengoolie to see if he'd run them. Guess you can tell where i spend most of my Saturday nights LOL.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The answer to your question is probably going to be disappointing to you. The "X files" was just entertainment. That's it, period.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   
We control the disease by controlling the information !!😎💥

😈 COVID19 discovered and covered up in the 1990s !! 😈

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

Every Saturday Night on Me TV Kolchak prowls the Supernatural World.

ETA: Darren McGavin played the FBI Agent that started the X Files, and one of the X Files episodes the monster dressed like Kolchak.

Well I do remember Kolchak and it was one of the best shows of my childhood. That didn't last long but it sure hit the scifi horror scene as some of those were creepy stories.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Don't Know how you fell about YouTube, But here are links for the Full Movies.

ETA: the X Files Episode for McGaven is S5 E15 Travelers.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I want to believe.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Yes, it was amazing. I rewatched it about two years ago, the original. Lots of depth and references I missed as a teen.

By the way, the new Xfiles meaning reboot had an entire season with the secret government trying to launch an engineered disease to kill off most people and depopulate the earth. The only way Mulder and Scully are able to stop it I think is using alien DNA to cure people. She is already immune because due to her abductions in the original Xfiles, she has that alien DNA. This was in new Xfiles prior to 2020, maybe 2018 or 2019.

Talk about predictive programming, or warning.. Lol

originally posted by: robsmith
The quote from the X files I believe resonates now more than I guess the producers realised back in the 90’s that in these times should be a philosophy that we all live by, with constant monitoring, tracking, watching spying is:

TRUST NO ONE!

Remember this series was created whilst the internet was in its infancy, smart phones were not a reality.

Now we are so open to tracing, tracking, invasion, theft.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join