It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else having trouble with gofundme.com?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I used GoFundMe a couple of years back but have been meaning to cancel my acc't. Now, with the de facto highway robbery they are attempting to commit in support of fascism (See Prosecutors gear up as GoFundMe ‘redirects’ convoy donations), I am definitely going to cancel my account. I'm encountering a problem, though. I can't log in. I can see the log-in landing page, but it's responding to neither log-in attempts nor requests for a new password.

Anybody else having that issue?
:
edit on 2022 2 05 by incoserv because: I could.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I know this doesn't address your issue, but if anyone donated to GoFundMe and wants a refund DON'T go through their refund protocol.

Instead file a dispute with your bank over the charge. Not only will this bootlicking, hypocritical company be forced to pay a fee to the bank, but after a certain amount of reported disputes many banks will simply deny any future business with GoFundMe.

remember. They had NO problem fundraising for BLM when they were burning down cities.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   

All over news yesterday cause it kinda blew up w donations. Give a few days.

Millions of donations

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Might be silly, but...

If...your on comptr, not phone...and using a wireless mouse...ck battery!

Embarrassing. Me. Yesterday

It then logged in n everything!
edit on 02220128America/ChicagoSat, 05 Feb 2022 12:36:01 -060036202200000001 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

The chargeback campaign worked, they are auto refunding w/o the refund process now...as fast as they can
I wonder if they are publicly traded?
I'd dump or short them right about now, their reputation is destroyed.

edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: Sp

edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Might be silly, but...

If...your on comptr, not phone...and using a wireless mouse...ck battery!

Embarrassing. Me. Yesterday

It then logged in n everything!

Tried both on phone and home wi-fi, same results.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 12:42 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yesterday...early today...
edit on 02220928America/ChicagoSat, 05 Feb 2022 12:43:09 -060043202200000009 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Yeah, thinking I may just have to wait. I imagine they're getting swamped right now.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Hold your clicks...ck out 1st.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   
On a perhaps related note, I'm having trouble setting up a new account with GiveSendGo.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Yup, evil people.

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

The changeback campaign worked, they are auto refunding w/o the refund process now...as fast as they can
I wonder if they are publicly traded?
I'd dump or short them right about now, their reputation is destroyed now.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I wanted to open a GoFundMe account just so I could close it, in support of the truckers and all, but maybe I'll save my snarky for another time.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 01:33 PM
link   
According to twitter they are getting blasted by DDOS attacks and bots. Trying to take down the alternative

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   

How would anyone know if what they give to Gofund me actually goes to the recipient.
If you think about it it is almost the perfect money laundering vehicle.
There is no way individuals from places around the world would ever know.

The Gofundme CEO makes over $700K in salary. I don't think most people realize they are padding that when they
dontate to a cause.

I've said it before, it may sound cold. If you want to donate, put the money directly in the recipients hand. That is truly the only way to know.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I have not had any problems with go fund me at all, never used it for anything including donations for anything. I know of some people who did go fund me stuff that did not use the money as it was supposed to be used, so I just figured it is not something I would use or donate to. I know a couple who had gofundme to help with staying in a motel and eating while their kid was in the hospital...they had medicaid for their kids and because the gofundme was considered income it disqualified them from medicaid so they wound up losing medicaid till all the money collected was paid to the doctors and hospitals, meanwhile they stayed at more expensive hotels and ate in better restaurants, so they wound up losing more than they gained.

People have to understand that those kind of things have records and can cost more than they gain sometimes. Lots of people here who are working have to get the medicare or UP health insurance for their kids because they do not make enough to pay insurance plus live. It just usually covers the kids though and is a good program.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I've said it before, it may sound cold. If you want to donate, put the money directly in the recipients hand. That is truly the only way to know.

You are correct.

You can always do what I have done, pay a hospital directly toward someones medical bill.

Pay a landlord directly for someones rent

Take a person grocery shopping.

Shop for and take groceries to a food bank.

Call a local shelter and ask what they need, go buy it and take it to them.

Pay a car repair shop directly when a person needs financial help to pay to get their car fixed.

There are many ways to donate that ensures the money gets into the correct hands without the 7.9% cut taken by GoFundMe. (5% overall, and 2.9% of each individual donation)

We also donate to church missions where we know the people and situations and know that most of the money goes directly to the project with many volunteers doing the ground work.

Most of this does not result in tax write offs, but that is not why I do it.

edit on 2/5/22 by The2Billies because: spelling

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

originally posted by: JAGStorm

You are correct.

You can always do what I have done, pay a hospital directly toward someones medical bill.

Pay a landlord directly for someones rent

Take a person grocery shopping.

Shop for and take groceries to a food bank.

Call a local shelter and ask what they need, go buy it and take it to them.

Pay a car repair shop directly when a person needs financial help to pay to get their car fixed.

There are many ways to donate that ensures the money gets into the correct hands without the 7.9% cut taken by GoFundMe. (5% overall, and 2.9% of each individual donation)

We also donate to church missions where we know the people and situations and know that most of the money goes directly to the project with many volunteers doing the ground work.

Most of this does not result in tax write offs, but that is not why I do it.

You have a very kind heart.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

This past Christmas, I offered an idea to my family that in the past they'd balked at. This year they took it.

There is a very well run food bank here in our town. A close friend is the president of the operation. instead of giving stupid gifts that nobody wanted or needed, we donated several hundred dollars to the food bank and told anyone who might he expected a gift from us that we'd donated the money to that worthy cause.

Everyone at least said that they thought it was a good idea.

top topics

join