It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Reacher" Has Me Thinking Mandela Effect? Deja vu??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I have read every Reacher novel written so far. I came into the game late, thanks to my brother. I was running short on reading material and I picked up one of his old Reacher books, and the rest is history.

I was browsing Prime and they had "Reacher" as a new series, I wasn't expecting anything so I was a bit surprised at what I found. Every step of the way in the episodes so far, I keep getting the feeling that I was watching this show for the second time. I have gone back and rechecked the dates, the previous movies, and I can't find where this is a remake. So now I am feeling a bit like I am living in a time warp.

No spoiler alerts. I just am enjoying this series so far.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I discovered it last night.

I didn't read the books but I know of them since Tom Cruise tried to make an adaptation for the cinema.
I enjoyed the movie even though Cruise was the perfect opposite of what the character should look like.

So I was was pleasantly surprised and felt the story was probably closer to what the book was about. Alan Ritchson is perfect for the role and really seems to have acting capabilities.

Otherwise, no déjà-vu feeling for me.

Maybe it is close to what your mind created when you read the books and that is why you feel like you have watched it already?

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

First season is based on the first Jack Reacher book "Killing Floor"

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: coamanach

I am just surprised that they able to get it so close to what I visualized when I was reading it.

So far they are doing a great job.

I didn't watch the Tom Cruise version, simply because I could not see him as Reacher, even with my imagination.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I saw Cruise's version a few months ago because I was bored and had nothing else to watch.

When I saw it on prime, I decided to only look at a few minutes of the show to see how it went, because I was tired, and ended up watching the whole episode.
I'll watch another one later today.

Yes, the production is doing a good job.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan

I got started with book six "Without Fail", then went to "Tripwire" because I could not get the first two. I eventually was able to get the second from the library, and was finally able to get "the Killing Floor" from the library's "Cloud".

Some are better than others, but I like Reacher as a character, and I have enjoyed the series. It is a toss up between Reacher and Pendergast as my favorite characters.

I read almost everything Lee Child puts out, not to leave Douglas Preston out of the mix, because I loved Aloysius long before Jack.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Could be they're using plotlines from one of the best crime show from the 1980's The Equalizer. The real one, not the new one. Stingray comes in a very close second. I'll start watching right now and reply if I get the same vibe.

www.imdb.com...
www.imdb.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Back with a report after watching part of the first episode.

You're right. Either the first episode was released over a year ago or señor Mandela has made an appearance because I remember the whole episode now that my brain's been jogged.

Note how I used the current timeline spelling and not the original, Mandella.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 08:50 AM
link   
For those not familiar with Lee Child's work or with the "Jack Reacher" series, I found this article that may help you out.

This article does a pretty good job of bringing you up to date.

If they continue to do this right, they will have a successful long running show with Reacher. IMHO.

crimereads.com...

edit on 7-2-2022 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join