It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too Much Junk Mail from Realtor

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   
There is a realtor that wants our house. We have no connection with her.
She was sending us flyers, calendars, cards, booklets etc, on an almost daily basis.

I contacted her and told her this is our forever house and we are not selling, and to please take us off her
mailing list as it was too much in our recycling. She did for a while, now we are back to square one.

We aren't talking an occasional flyer, we are talking an amount that I would say borders on stalking almost.
I want to stress this isn't a normal amount, we get the occasional letter/flyer from others, this is not that. We are talking cards, recipes,
calendars, tons of junk!
From what i've read there isn't anything we can do to prevent it.

So ATS where do I go from here?

Here are my thoughts.
-Keep throwing it away and being annoyed
-Collect all the mail and box it and send it back (YES it's enough to fill boxes)
-Show up at her office and dump it on her floor
-Send her a photo of a snake for every piece of mail she send me

If we want to get into the paranormal realm, I almost feel there is some bad juju on these things she sends, maybe a "spell" for us to sell?

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Here are my thoughts.
-Keep throwing it away and being annoyed
-Collect all the mail and box it and send it back (YES it's enough to fill boxes)
-Show up at her office and dump it on her floor
-Send her a photo of a snake for every piece of mail she send me

No.

Send her the same amount of flyers only with naked pictures of DB.

Problem solved. You're welcome.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No.

Send her the same amount of flyers only with naked pictures of DB.

Problem solved. You're welcome

You mentioned you have an old house in a desirable area, do you experience this?

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 02:31 PM
link   

There is a realtor that wants our house. We have no connection with her.
She was sending us flyers, calendars, cards, booklets etc, on an almost daily basis.

Find out who they work for and contact the agency or broker and complain to them.

Maybe the post office can help in some way if you complain about the volume unsolicited mail from one person/business.

Best of luck.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yeah, pretty regularly and even worse since the market went up when people from NYC started moving here. I also get daily robo calls to sell my house for 'cash money'.

edit on 4-2-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rhodesj2314

Maybe the post office can help in some way if you complain about the volume unsolicited mail from one person/business.

From what i've researched as long as they pay for postage it is all legal. It's not like phone soliciting.
Contacting the agency is prob my next step.
edit on 4-2-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Just throw it away and don't bother. It will eventually run down and stop.

BUT you might want to make sure your security is up to date. She probably has a customer that really wants the house. And some people don't take no.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Tell her you need to discuss selling your house with her, invite her over and tell her you're not selling and hand her her junk back.
Waste her gas money.
Do it for every letter after.
It would be free and funny
edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

Just throw it away and don't bother. It will eventually run down and stop. BUT you might want to make sure your security is up to date. She probably has a customer that really wants the house. And some people don't take no.

This has been going on for two years!

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Tell her you need to discuss selling your house with her, invite her over and tell her you're not selling and hand her her junk back.
Waste her gas money.

Friend this is why I turn to ATS!!!!!!!!!
This is Brilliant! Brilliant!

Seriously, I’m going to do this. I will give it one more month. I will collect everything she sends.
I will call her. When she arrives, I will tell her I asked her nicely, and that she ignored that, so now I will also waste her time and money.

BTW . What the h*ll kind of realtor send Valentines cards, Easter Cards, and all kinds of junk like that.

edit on 4-2-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Waste her gas money.

Friend this is why I turn to ATS!!!!!!!!!
This is Brilliant! Brilliant!

Seriously, I’m going to do this. I will give it one more month. I will collect everything she sends.
I will call her. When she arrives, I will tell her I asked her nicely, and that she ignored that, so now I will also waste her time and money.

BTW . What the h*ll kind of realtor send Valentines cards, Easter Cards, and all kinds of junk like that.

Revenge is a funny thing these days, and inviting her over under false pretenses just to be a dick may backfire. Instead of stopping, she just could intensify her efforts, just to be a bitch.

I would suggest returning the crap she sent in person, meet with her on her turf, and then speak with the lead agent in the office. If that doesn't work, take it up with state board of Realtors. If it continues, get her license pulled. kind of like "here is the rope, I will wait for you to hang yourself, got stuff to do in the mean time". The high road can sometimes be the best road.

Then if it continues, hire someone to break her husband's fingers, poison her pets, do donuts on her lawn and poop in her car (the really low road). Horrible stuff happens every day ya know....not condoning that kind of behavior though, but....I would probably stop sending you stuff

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 03:10 PM
link   

What the h*ll kind of realtor send Valentines cards, Easter Cards, and all kinds of junk like that.

She has you on a company, or 3rd part mailing list for marketing as a potential seller.
Everyone is probably getting the same treatment.
Still
Sounds a little excessive. I'd call the brokerage she works for and get your address removed.
If that doesn't work have some fun with her.lol

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothar

No false pretenses if I just say I want her to come her to talk about my house, ie it’s not for sale and she can’t get that through her noggin!

I’ll tell her if she continues to send mail, I’ll use it to pick up my dogs poop, I’ll post the story to social media with the photos of my dogs poop and her face (Which is on EVERY single mailing). I’ll make the story about how you can’t just ask people nicely, they make you go that far.

I want to loop around why this bothers me so much. TRASH. I don’t know where you are but out by me trash is going up, so it is actually costing me to get rid of all this crap!

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

It’s where I live.
We are in a very unique area.

We live in the country just on the outskirts of the suburbs, so we are rural but accessible to everything.
We are in an area with gigantic lots, and more importantly well water that would be almost impossible to convert to public. We have houses with no back yard neighbors which is rare these days, and our own mail boxes. The topography of our area is also special, never ever floods, yet is protected from winds. The early settlers moved here, they knew good land when they saw it. Families here have stayed for a long time, some for five generations. Just thirty minutes south is completely different land, basement problems, water problems etc.
We all know why everyone stays here, and it’s very rare for houses to go up for sale here.
A lot of houses here when sold never go on the market, they sell to other members of the community.
We bought this house in a similar fashion.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   

tell her it's for sale for 2.4mil, and you will accept cash only.
that way, you have offered her an opportunity, and should she come up with the cash, you can buy a private island to live on.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm a realtor and I can attest that there is no such thing a Forever House. Life throws us curveballs and in the event you get one thrown at you things may change. It cost you nothing to receive the info does it? Also you may have no need for a agent now but perhaps someone you know in the future may! If an agent has the consistency and discipline to farm their core market then that is the agent you will want to talk to if the need ever arises. Just my two cents! PS selling by word of mouth cant cost you a ton of money as you arent exposing your home to the entire market... same holds true for FSBO sellers. PSS I hope some you guys are joking with your comments! a reply to: JAGStorm

edit on 4-2-2022 by sirlancelot because: added info

edit on 4-2-2022 by sirlancelot because: added

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Find out where she lives and turn up EVERY night at an unearthly hour to return her junk.

Don't stop until it stops and try to get her to call the police.

Beat her at her own game.... harrasment. Within the law of course.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
I'm a realtor and I can attest that there is no such thing a Forever House. Life throws us curveballs and in the event you get one thrown at you things may change. It cost you nothing to receive the info does it? Also you may have no need for a agent now but perhaps someone you know in the future may! If an agent has the consistency and discipline to farm their core market then that is the agent you will want to talk to if the need ever arises. Just my two cents! PS selling by word of mouth cant cost you a ton of money as you arent exposing your home to the entire market... same holds true for FSBO sellers. a reply to: JAGStorm

Yes there is a such thing as a forever home, a house that one dies in.
It cost me nothing to look at statistics online. There was a time when realtors used to have proprietary knowledge.
Most (not all) but most realtors are pretty dumb when it comes to statistics and even sales tactics. It does not take a lot to even be a realtor these days, that’s why in many areas there are more realtors than houses for sale.

Selling FSBO for someone young, or not educated on the market is probably silly, but people that have been through it a few time have no reason not to. You can even go half way and list with a flat fee broker that will list you on the MLS vs paying a full 6%.
Selling by word of mouth can save you hundreds of thousands in realtor fees. It is a sellers market, and in some areas like mine, houses are desired even when not on the market.

Back to the issue at hand, if a person does NOT want the info, why would someone push it. If you are not interested in fishing why would I send you fishing gear mailers multiple times a week in hopes to change your mind?
If you asked me nicely to stop, I would respect that. What this realtor has showed me is that she doesn’t have any respect. I would never in a million years do business with a person like that.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   
If it was me (hypothetically) ... one brick through the front window @ 2:00 a.m. followed immediately by a Molotov cocktail.

Problem solved.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 04:11 PM
link   

So ATS where do I go from here?

Put a sign from a competing realty in the yard.

Take it down after the freebies stop showing up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join