It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma bill would fine teachers $10k for teaching anything that contradicts religion

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

You think good teachers are going to states that teach racism?

I don't think they're playing themselves at all. I think they're wisely whittling down the riffraff.

Afterall, Oklahoma just wants tolerant teachers who won't violate people's religious beliefs.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I doubt any states teach CRT k-12

Maybe you can find a local school district in a big city or two... But I'd be hard pressed to find it in a statewide curriculum.

My point was teachers may stray from a state that offers some sort of retribution hot line.

Do you know any teachers? Have you talked to them about conversations they have with parents? I've heard the stories about petty parents taking it out on a teacher for the grades their kids earned.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Do you know any teachers?

Mostly very poor ones. My neighbor was a teacher, my cousin is a teacher, I have teachers in my in laws family, my kids used to attend public school so I knew their teachers. etc. Only 2 of the lot were worth a damn.

Have you talked to them about conversations they have with parents? I've heard the stories about petty parents taking it out on a teacher for the grades their kids earned.

No doubt those people exist but the vast majority of parents are disconnected from their childs education and couldn't give a # about what their kid is learning or not learning. parent-teacher event attendance rates are well below 50% in most places. The disease is the structure that lead to this. From the activist teacher, to the lazy parents, to the overcrowded class rooms. Public education is a sad joke of an institution.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I won't discount that there are some teachers with some far leaning ideology that sometimes leaks into the classroom. And there's most certainly a line, one that shouldn't be crossed especially given their position. Kids assume everything that comes from a teacher is right, and that shouldn't be taken advantage of.

But, we can't sterilize the classroom either, more specifically in high school.

Once kids are getting close on going out on their own, they have to be exposed to some level of pushback on world views to prepare them for adulthood. That doesn't have to look like someone saying God isn't real, but maybe teaching the full range of origin theories is fine.

When I was in school, we learned about various forms of intelligent design and big bang.

There are currently laws protecting freedom of religion and discrimination. I don't think we need more.

I think the ironic part will be seeing a state nerf the teachers ability to cover a broad range over laws with a Christian initiative, and then seeing another religion hijack it. We see it happen with almost every law.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I honestly don't care what they do as I won't send my kids there anyway. I am just pleased to see the window shifting back the right direction.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

I honestly don't care what they do as I won't send my kids there anyway. I am just pleased to see the window shifting back the right direction.

I see where you're coming from given the left has been using bullying tactics... But this is more of the right using their playbook more than taking back equity towards the individual IMO.

It's also damaging to the right coming from an independent. It's the rights game to lose in midterms and presidential given how the left has been fumbling everything they touch.

But things like this will give fodder to the left while it doesn't even really benefit citizens or even the right past "a win".

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 03:06 PM
link   

it's not a left or right issue imo. it's a morality or lack thereof issue.

I don't care who wins the mid terms. Our elections are rigged anyway, and in the event that they're not 100% controlled the bureaucracy will make sure that their will be done, no matter who wins the elections.

I actually kinda like the left being in charge because I don't see a way to salvage any of America anyway. So they may as well keep smashing it to pieces and by watching them do so, I hope enough people wake up to the game.

Until America finds it's morality again, there is no hope of fixing this country.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: marg6043

I was a teacher for a while, I had a lesson to follow, nowhere in that lesson said it was my job to teach anything else but what it was in the lesson books.

What if the lesson book says that it takes 300 million years for coal for form under a mountain, and a student is offended because the earth is only 6000 years old, according to the Holy Bible?

What if the lesson book says that there are only two genders and that pedophilia is 100% unacceptable?

Then that book should be burned, right?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join