It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most IMPORTANT History Lesson Americans Were Never Taught

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Some very good videos on this chan. Thought this would be a good one to share with people interested in that kinda thing.

This video is about the most pivotal year in American history: 1871, and how a piece of legislation from that year totally transformed the United States, creating a domino effect of events that have led us to this moment in time, right now, as you’re reading this. While the events of this year have been hidden from the masses, the question still remains: is the US a country or a corporation? These videos are always fully sourced.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 03:33 AM
link   

The Most IMPORTANT History Lesson Americans Were Never Taught

That the Civil War had nothing to do with slavery until Lincoln got desperate for "cannon fodder" ?
"Show me a hero and I will p3rove he was a bum" - Gregory "Pappy" Boyington.

edit on 2/4/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Slavery was never abolished, instead of providing food and lodging they provided tokens which were barely enough to exchange for such.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 07:32 AM
link   
that Trump was an idiot and far from healthy for your fine country.
Honest opinion...not trying to start s#it.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Id love to hear your opinion of Biden, he opposes freedom like the Australian political powers doa reply to: homerJ

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 08:08 AM
link   
"Sovereignity" is not a real word. That woman means sovereignty. 🙄

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 08:56 AM
link   
America was but one country under assault by the Rothschilds at the time. The Franco-Prussian war of 1870 toppled the 2nd Empire of France and made Germany the new central power in Europe. My argument is that without knowing the history of Europe at the time US history will remain mysterious. The bankers were learning to play the war for debt program very efficiently and sought to expand their empire around the world.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The United States Independence (and it's Trademark) was the best gift The East India Company could have ever got !!😎

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: homerJ

Yes, such an idiot you might think until you realized the result were above spectacular and were beyond what any freedom loving person thought could possibly happen in today's political environment. But only Marxist would find fault with his creating success and win after win four those working prior to Fauci's fake pandemic.

edit on 4-2-2022 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   

That the Civil War had nothing to do with slavery until Lincoln got desperate for "cannon fodder" ?

You are correct sir, lincoln didn't believe in slavery for any one, but he was also a racist and thought all people should be free but separate.

He only used emancipation as a stick to try and bring the states that succeeded back into the union.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: homerJ

You, might be correct, but.

Trump, whether you want to admit it or not, has influenced the entire world, with, a simple thought.

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

You are correct sir, lincoln didn't believe in slavery for any one, but he was also a racist and thought all people should be free but separate.

He only used emancipation as a stick to try and bring the states that succeeded back into the union.

He used the emancipation to garner support from the French whom had abolished slavery recently in their country, and it worked.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: PillarOfFire

Another important mostly unknown piece of history of the United States:

The bankrolling of the Revolutionary War:

Haym Salomon: The Man Who Financed the American Revolution

October 17, 1781. An eerie silence takes hold over the battlefield outside Yorktown, Virginia. After weeks of non-stop artillery shells and rifle fire, the rhythmic pounding of a drum is all that is heard. Through the wispy smoke that floats above the battlefield, a British officer can be seen waving a white flag. General Cornwallis has surrendered Yorktown, ending the last major battle of the American Revolution. The surrender of Yorktown and the nearly 8,000 British troops convinced the British Parliament to start negotiating an end to the war. On September 3, 1783, the treaty of Paris was signed. The war was over.

....If not for Haym Salomon, however, the decisive victory at Yorktown never would have happened.
Although there is little proof, many believe that when designing the American Great Seal George Washington asked Salomon what he wanted as compensation for his generosity during the war. Salomon responded “I want nothing for myself, rather something for my people.” It is for this reason that the 13 stars are arranged in the shape of the Star of David.

Full account here

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: HilterDayon

Yes it is, thanks for the add.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

That may have been a product of it, but nothing I've ever read or heard of says it was used to get the French support.
All I've ever read said he used it as a War Measure, and held off until he thought he had legal authority to do so. In fact one of the main reason he did was because he was afraid that loyal states where slavery was legal would succeed if he did so before. That came with the Confiscation Acts,

From the Library of Congress,

In principle, Lincoln approved of emancipation as a war measure, but he postponed executive action against slavery until he believed he had both the legal authority to do so and broader support from the American public. Two pieces of congressional legislation passed on July 17, 1862, provided the desired signal. The Second Confiscation Act included provisions that freed the slaves of disloyal owners, authorized the president to employ African Americans in the suppression of the rebellion, and called for exploring voluntary colonization efforts. The Militia Act authorized the employment of African Americans in the military, emancipated those who were enslaved, and freed their families, if owned by those disloyal to the Union. Not only had Congress relieved the administration of considerable strain with its limited initiative on emancipation, but it also had demonstrated an increasing public acceptance of emancipation as a military act.

And part of a letter Lincoln wrote to a newspaper editor, same source as above

"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone, I would also do that." Lincoln carefully noted that this represented his official position. He intended "no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free."

Abraham Lincoln and Emancipation

Not one mention of emancipation used to gain support from the french mentioned, you would think if that was part of his plan and their support that important it would have been mentioned.

The only thing I've ever heard of it being a Foreign Policy issue was to keep Britain out of the war.

ETA: The second French Empire official stance was to remain neutral.

edit on 4-2-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

The proclamation was a political move on Lincoln’s behalf. As far as I understand Lincoln didn’t believe he could constitutionally abolish slavery outright. Also by the proclamation it helped deter the confederate states from gaining support from the Brits.

Off topic maybe I should make a thread about the real effects of woman’s suffrage? That was a big government grab too, a political move turned into a fairy tale.

top topics

join