It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gerry Conway wants a rebooted Black Punisher, Wokeness Not Stopping

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: imitator

Alternate possibilities are interesting and fun but usually short-lived. We're talking about taking the iconic main and outright changing them for good as the intent.

I doubt they will outright change Punisher, it could be the Punisher has a black son who joins the military, becomes a vet, etc... then becomes the new Punisher. Like father, like son scenario.

It would be stupid to just change him for no reason other than race... but then again far-leftist are stupid.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

perhaps they can show some gangs with kids ambushing cops. That would be kind of edgy.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   
LOL'ing about people arguing over comic books.

"Muh super hero!"

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Characters are characters. May as well decide that Elizabeth Bennet should be a lesbian because that was what Jane Austen really intended and if she didn't, well it's what needs to happen to bring Pride and Prejudice into the modern age.

Oh, and Darcy transitions without the operation so he can be with her, and she's not such a transphobic that she can't accept his woman penis.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   

May as well decide that Elizabeth Bennet should be a lesbian...

NOW YOU'RE TALKING!

I hope they make Iron Guy a showtune-singing, limp-wristed weeny who's scented candles overtake those of Pepper Potts. Then do a crossover story where he makes all the Fast and Furious wastrels drive EV's. Maybe J.J. can direct after Disney greenlights this.

Oh, the exploding heads will be everywhere.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   

No. They swapped him out for a mechanic BIPOC chick from the hood. She doesn't invent it;she's more like the Vulture. She takes what she finds and adapts it.

It's easier to do such things with Iron Man though. It's the suit that makes the man. Some of these swaps get harder because the alter-ego is dependent on the person in the character.

That's why we debate if Bond is one man or just a code name used by many when casting for Bond comes up.

If James Bond is one man, it gets harder to see Idris Elba in the role, but if Bond is a code name, then why not?

edit on 4-2-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   

No. They swapped him out for a mechanic BIPOC chick from the hood.

Cool. Did this ruin my childhood? Or worse, my adulthood that still involves comic books?

That's why we debate if Bond is one man or just a code name used by many when casting for Bond comes up.

That's definitely the kind of **** people need to get worked up over. I'm sure it's productive. Reminds me of the scene in Crimson Tide where those two dorks were arguing about the Silver Surfer.

edit on 4-2-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I like my characters to be my characters. I don't like it when someone rewrites them for no good reason. Consistency is an under- rated thing these days, and I am getting tired of the woke kiddies fan-ficcing everything instead just making their own.

They want Iron Man except black? Fine create that character. Don't gut one and dress your concept in the Iron Man skin. Neither really lives at that point.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I loved the comics when i was a lad.

2000AD was another good read.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I like my characters to be my characters.

That's called, wait for it, you're imagination.

I don't like it when someone rewrites them for no good reason.

I actually do, I enjoy the salty outrage of this first world problem.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

I think there is plenty of room to create an interesting character here without gutting an established one. Certainly this one has way more potential than the direction they've taken Superman. There just really isn't a lot of heroism there.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   

So you think the Ministry of Truth is long overdue?

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Is that like the Justice League? If so, yes, hopefully Matt Damon's boyfriend is in this one too.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Is that like the Justice League? If so, yes, hopefully Matt Damon's boyfriend is in this one too.

As in yesterday we had a gay, Muslim rock star Luke Skywalker played by a Mongoloid dwarf, but today we have a female, Buddhist nun Luke Skywalker with one leg played by a charming 6ft tall French girl.

And we will throw any and all references that it was ever different down the memory hole, and if you think otherwise that's just like, your imagination, man.

MiniTru will be calling.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   

As in yesterday we had a gay, Muslim rock star Luke Skywalker played by a Mongoloid dwarf, but today we have a female, Buddhist nun Luke Skywalker with one leg played by a charming 6ft tall French girl.

I'll worry about that as soon as it moves up my priority list from the 'I Don't Give a ****' list to the 'If I Have Some Time Between Doing Important Things I May Give a ****' list.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I'd love to know what kind of issues minorities face today. I didn't think getting hired for your skin color was an issue, or getting subjects in education removed for your benefit was an issue, or being able to blame race to get your way was an issue, etc., etc.. All of these have negative effects on every other race in this country, so I don't know what the loafer in the video is on about.

I'll say this, though, and I called it back in the late 2000's... A small minority of the population can only blame their problems on the rest of the population for so long before the rest of the population stops buying into the BS narratives and pitying those who pretend to be oppressed and hated. This country has quickly grown sick of the race card, the gay card, the trans card, etc. Thank you, democrats, thank you very much for opening the country's eyes.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Fast and Furious 20 starring smug beardie hipster tw@ts driving electric Hybrid SUVs obeying the speed limit at all times would be very entertaining......

edit on 4-2-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I'm personally waiting for Black Lives Matters Panther.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Or a cross between Arnold Schwarzenegger and George Formby? "It's turned out nice again, Motherf@##@r"?

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
As if I needed more of a reason to continue walking away from comics and the mcu.

Guess ill have to find another way to get that connection with my son.

Get him a Nintendo Switch and Zelda... My 16 year old is the only one of my 5 boys that doesn't care to come outside and throw the football, baseball, or frisbee with us. He can match a Rubix Cube in minutes, build a 1200 piece Lego within 2 hours, etc., and takes robotics classes in school. He's not as tall as his brothers, though he's the second oldest, so I guess he feels intimidated in athletic sports (he'll get out there with us, just not often). He works after school and bought a Switch so I got him one of the Zelda games for Christmas. Every Friday and Saturday night, we'll stay up sometimes until 1 am pounding away at that game. They're like puzzles so they keep the mind sharp. I guess he got that side of me while the rest of my kids got the sport side. When I was young I played sports and also played the hell out of video games.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join