It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300 million year old pot found in coal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Akragon

Think of what we have done in the past few hundred years. Now think what we would do with 300 million.

destroy civilization multiple times?

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
Just found this... i thought it would be interesting to post on our forum

Apparently it takes a good 300 million years to create coal beneath the earth... with all the factors and pressure required, how does one explain how an iron pot managed to get embedded in this coal in Russia?

Pictures of the imprint it left when it was extracted are shown... it looks like some sort of melting pot for metal due to the sides having what seems to be spouts... or at least thats what i would probably use it for

could it really be over 300 million years old? And IF so, what does that mean for our species?

Or who or what used it 300 million years ago?

it looks like an ashtray to me.

time travelers.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
a reply to: LABTECH767

Or coal doesnt take that long to form. I've read a theory saying that crude oil is being generated too. That we can never burn it all

i've read about that too.

A phrase used by the title character in the play Hamlet, by William Shakespeare. Hamlet suggests that human knowledge is limited: There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio, / Than are dreamt of in your philosophy [science].

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I have yet to see a single case of any oopart that stood up to scrutiny.

How many "ooparts" have you investigated firsthand? Must have been quite a few.

Seriously, you and I are probably not as far off from one another as you might think. I'm just not as fast to dismiss things that don't fit our modern scientific paradigm. Our scientists have been wrong nearly as much as they've been right. There are numerous cases of them calling people quacks only to find out later the quack was right all along. I did a thread on it, as well as peer review years ago.

There's too much money involved and everyone has a price. If you've written a book, the last thing you want to see is some "pseudo-scientist" come along and destroy a theory you've spent 25 years of your life gathering evidence for. You don't care if he's right. You just want him to go away.

I try to be a proper skeptic, especially in light of current events. I want to hear the evidence or lack of evidence from both sides. If there isn't enough evidence to come to a conclusion, I wait until there is, even if it never comes.

I have no doubt that many, if not most ooparts can be explained, but it only takes one or two that can't be and everything we think we know goes out the window, and I think that's what scares the crap out of a lot of scientists who have spent decades depending on their own theories and their peers theories to be right.

So yes, some folks will twist themselves into knots to explain away anything that doesn't fit what they want to be true.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I will provide a link to a page that says the pot came from coal mined in Oklahoma. It looks like the same pot and there is an affidavit swearing to its finding in coal.
There is also a story about a brass bell being found in coal, and the man who found it took a polygraph attesting to the truth of his story.
Ooparts

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 08:17 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Think of what we have done in the past few hundred years. Now think what we would do with 300 million.

destroy civilization multiple times?

300 million years ago everything was different from the plants to the composition of the atmosphere. No animals alive then would be able to survive today, and it's highly unlikely that they would evolve to look like us as mammalian features weren't really a thing back then.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Except if some catastrophe happened we would not forget language and ideas like the wheel. We would emerge from the bunkers with the same advanced technology. The idea people forget language and simple ideas like farming and the wheel is laughably stupid.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 10:24 AM
link   

It can be both mistake and hoax. Someone thought it would be funny to hoax the guy who would get the coal. Guy gets the coal, isn't in on the hoax, and thinks it's genuine.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   
If anyone could get into the Smithsonian Vaults our Minds would be blown.
Many Many discoveries that were made in the past were never made available
to the Public.
I do believe they have Giant Bones hidden there.
Who knows what else is tucked away and hidden from the public Eye.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesman462002
to the Public.

That's mostly a myth, academics are usually all over things like that because if they were to find something radical it could get them a lifetime's worth of grant money.

If I found something in my field that seemingly broke all of the rules or rewrote something that we thought we knew I'd be rushing to publish, not trying to hide it. Even if it overturned something that I had previously done, if I could redefine my field I'd be jump at the chance, and maybe start waiving it under the noses of the Nobel nomination committee as well.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

That's mostly a myth, academics are usually all over things like that because if they were to find something radical it could get them a lifetime's worth of grant money.

You mean like the one where Biden was elected President.
LMAO

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Interesting find... We're not the first civilization on Earth, this just further proves that. I'd bet that every time past civilizations got too advanced in technology, they were terminated and started over. We're close to that point.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesman462002

You mean like the one where Biden was elected President.

Relevance?

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: rickymouse
There probably have been many more advanced civilizations on this world over the last hundreds of millions of years. Most metal things probably got turned to crystal and break apart. This one made it. There were other things found buried way down in the coal too, for some reason the coal seems to preserve metal things.

I am sure that metal things found over the millenniums were melted down to make tools or weapons, a surf might also turn one into a knife or just use a pot found buried or in a cave. To believe that modern humans were the only intelligent beings on this planet since it was formed is idiotic, heck, teenage kids seventy years ago weren't really that much different than kids today. I was fooled into believing in the generation gap, but once I got in my forties and started talking about things with my uncles and older friends, I found that not much had changed, hormones drove society of the young back then just like today.

Wouldn’t time travel be a more likely explanation? The pot may only have been there a short amount of time, maybe even only a couple of hundred year.

It could have been teleported there recently, but from another time.

If you were to attempt to send matter through time travel, it would wind up in space elsewhere. Because in a few minutes we have moved a long way through the solar system and around the milky way. Time is relavent to overall position in the universe too, everything is in constant motion and at high speeds. Yesterday we were millions of miles away from where we are now, that does not even take into consideration the rotation of the earth itself.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 12:25 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

Except if some catastrophe happened we would not forget language and ideas like the wheel. We would emerge from the bunkers with the same advanced technology. The idea people forget language and simple ideas like farming and the wheel is laughably stupid.

I would rather come out of a bunker with shovels and seeds and salt and pepper than with a laptop and cell phone. What would you do with a car without any fuel to drive it?

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I'm religious and I don't find it hard to believe that there were other civilizations God wiped out before starting again.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: bluesman462002
to the Public.

If I found something in my field that seemingly broke all of the rules or rewrote something that we thought we knew I'd be rushing to publish, not trying to hide it. Even if it overturned something that I had previously done, if I could redefine my field I'd be jump at the chance, and maybe start waiving it under the noses of the Nobel nomination committee as well.

You mean like the secret entrance at the bottom rear of the Sphinx that two men spent 2 or 3 weeks in, only to come out and say it was a dead end? When you look now, it's sealed off. Giants existed, most people know that, but for some reason scientists do whatever they can to cover them up.

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Pangaea " The supercontinent began to break apart about 200 million years ago,"

I keep saying that there was advanced civilization and Pangaea broke up violently possibly a pole shift causing the great flood stories It explains a lot .

posted on Feb, 4 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Raggedyman

its pretty much a consensus across the board...

approx 300 million years give or take...

but what do i know

Maybe in Ak’s world but not in the real world
Space aliens had smelting pots to make bullets 300 million years ago

Seems you do know🤡

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join