It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything Hershey makes is going to get more expensive, but who cares?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Sorry for the horrible source:

Everything Hershey makes is going to get more expensive

Hershey is raising their prices, but I don't care, because a few days ago, I saw this:

EXCLUSIVE: Hershey Fires Unvaccinated Employees

This is my viewpoint:

If your business can not respect your employee's basic human rights, you don't deserve my business and I'm more than happy to take it elsewhere.

As much as I love to eat Hershey's chocolate almond bars, there's plenty of other chocolate companies to buy from.

A partial list of other companies that I've chosen to boycott, can be found here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I will NEVER decide what to buy based on any company or persons political views.

I buy what I want. Don't care about their views. Not pertinent to what I buy.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Cadbury is a billion times better! I don't think i even touch hershey any more. They probably own some companies that I buy stuff from though.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I have been on a war against High Fructose Corn Syrup in my home and throwing things in the garbage that have it. Of course I let my kids have candy from time to time, but no food or things that claim to be any type of food with HFCS are allowed.

Big surprise I did not know. Going through everything, Hershey's Syrup is actually PURE HFCS with a touch of cocoa and coloring. I threw out a full bottle my kids put on ice cream. I searched it online and see they were saying 6 or 7 years ago they were going to change it, but the obviously didn't. Fortunately, we didnt use very much of it.

Still trying to find good chocolate sauce for my kids that does not have HFCS or something the same with a different name.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Hersheys is pure GarBAGE!
Most of the world know that isn't Chocolate.

I can't eat it but I know some people love it. I emplore them to try real chocolate for a year (similar price point) and then try to go back.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I hate milk....like really hate it.

Hershey's chocolate has a really milky taste that reminds me of spoiled milk.🤮 That doesn't help.

Any other chocolate is fine, but Hershey's is gross to me.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Will never buy that garbage now. Boycotted for life.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
I will NEVER decide what to buy based on any company or persons political views.

Do you have the same feelings about doing business with countries? Say genocide committing countries? Or is there some line in there somewhere?

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 5ofineed5aladder

Hershey's makes Cadbury's chocolate in the U.S.. Has had the licenses to do so since the late 80's and in 2015 came to a agreement with Cadbury's that they couldn't import any at all. Sorry about that.

Not only that Karft owns Cadury's now under their split off company Mondelez International.

Here is a Cadbury's Website that has Hershey's all over at the bottom.

Cadbury

But I have noticed that on amazon they list a Cadbury's import listed. Could be that independant sellers can still ship it in.

Original Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate Bar Pack Dairy Milk Chocolate Bars Imported From The UK England

edit on 3-2-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I can't eat it but I know some people love it. I emplore them to try real chocolate for a year (similar price point) and then try to go back.

The chocolate bars they have at Whole Foods are awesome. Real chocolate. When I go on a 50 mile bicycle ride I will bring on of those with espresso bean in it. I also have my kids eating real chocolate, because its easier to form good habits than it is to break bad ones.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 05:27 PM
link   
They have been trying to make chocolate good for you for a long time. Studying the chemistry of it, I don't consider it good for anyone. At most it is neutral for half of the people. Money steers research and the companies that make chocolate have lots of money to try to make their product appear healthy.

I don't mind an occasional candy bar or peanut butter cup, but I know it is not good for me to eat it.

If I am going to eat something that is not good for me, I do not want to spend much on it.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 05:34 PM
link   

^^^ What she said.

Seriously, I've had a Finnish brand called Fazer, makes Hershey taste like the Dollar Store $1 cheapo holiday themed stuff.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Exactly! Tastes like puke to me. Publix and aldi sell European chocolate , tastes a million times better
Made in Germany or Belgium mostly.
edit on 3-2-2022 by ancientlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Hershey's and M&M's will never see money from my pockets again. I usually buy them for the Holidays, Christmas, and Halloween. Never again!

I don't eat far-leftist candy... no telling how much soy they actually use.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Ive boycotted hershey and mars products since having to deal with their auditors about 7 years ago. Hate their guts. This decision doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

They think they own everybody that contributes to their products. They throw their name around like they make some kind of difference in the world. It really pisses them off when they ask what your favorite candy is and you reply "anything without chocolate".

Screw em.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

Wait, so you admit that vaccination mandates are strictly political?

Thanks for admitting what many of us have suspected.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 06:24 PM
link   
For me, it's usually Lindt.
And a 90% pure chocolate is heaven to my mouth. I love to let small pieces melt until you get the sweet cherry taste, hidden behind the initial chocolate taste.

I pretty much abhor milk chocolate. Give me a mix of chocolate and orange, or bits of salt or caramel in it, but my first choice is always as pure as possible.

Or brownies. I'm like Homer before a donught when it comes to brownies, actually the only chocolate dessert I love.

So as you can see, I'm already boycotting them.

I'll now share the information with everyone I know that will also share the information.

Because we are free people! Thanks OP!

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Here in Mexico there's a candy company called De la Rosa. I always choose that line over Hershey's, Mars, etc. Good stuff.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I go to Hershey Park, which is their amusement park with roller coasters, but their chocolate is not nearly as good as better chocolate brands. Give it up!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join