It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravitas: U.S. deploys troops to Eastern Europe, Putin breaks his silence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I really like seeing how other countries see what is going on, they aren't afraid to ask hard questions.

President Joe Biden on Wednesday ordered the deployment of around 3,000 U.S. troops to Poland, Germany and Romania in a new show of support to allies as Russia continues its military buildup near Ukraine’s borders.

U.S. has deployed troops to Eastern Europe. Russian President Vladimir Putin has broken his silence on the Ukraine crisis.
Neither Russia, nor the West is ready to blink yet. Where is this stalemate headed?

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Thank you for the post and the video. I'm not certain of all this yet. After all the covid crap and the Russians saying what they did at the security council and even with the president of Ukraine asking the president of the United States and NATO to tone down their remarks, I'm quite confused. The conspiracy side of me, she's a wag the dog type scenario. I'm just not certain, at 17 years old in 1980, I'm volunteered for the US army then and was all about patriotism and following orders. Not so much now. But like I said, all in all, I'm confused.

a reply to: putnam6

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 08:55 PM
link   
What are the sanctions ?

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: vance
Thank you for the post and the video. I'm not certain of all this yet. After all the covid crap and the Russians saying what they did at the security council and even with the president of Ukraine asking the president of the United States and NATO to tone down their remarks, I'm quite confused. The conspiracy side of me, she's a wag the dog type scenario. I'm just not certain, at 17 years old in 1980, I'm volunteered for the US army then and was all about patriotism and following orders. Not so much now. But like I said, all in all, I'm confused.

Yep! I was 18 and thought going to Vietnam was the answer to stop Communism, now we have it USA politics and its open to our face and not one American says jack sh%t about them .

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: vance

Reminds me of this movie.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Putin has now "spoken" two days this week, apparently. Monday and Today. Neither statement must have been noteworthy, as there are no headlines about bombshell words out of Putin's mouth.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Putin has now "spoken" two days this week, apparently. Monday and Today. Neither statement must have been noteworthy, as there are no headlines about bombshell words out of Putin's mouth.

This seems like he is speaking here

and here

news.yahoo.com...

edit on 2-2-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

NATO wants to march all the way towards to Moscow something that not even the Fascists tried but failed. While NATO militarily occupying Eastern Europe.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Why is it any of russias business what nato does in other countries?

Is it just fear that nato is strong?

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 10:16 PM
link   

using the term bombshell has become stupid sounding anyway.

But yes, I listen to what he said recently and it's just more of what hes been saying.
But that in itself makes me wonder. It's the kind of thing you do to throw people off before you strike.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

They only failed (like so many others) because of the harsh russian winters.

Nato tech today doesn't care about the cold so much.

Though I am not saying I believe nato wants to invade russia, because I don't.
Just that if they did I think they would be successful.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

In 2022 speak there are significant segments of the population that identify as Russian and the Ukrainian Nationalists are somewhat Nazified ergo they really don't get along.

but my pet theory is Putin has watched the US and others milk Ukraine for all it's worth with quasi business ventures, board seats, and financial and material aid, so Vladimire decided if anybody was going to screw over Ukraine it's gonna be him.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Ukraine is being used by US/NATO. Go look at the map of US/NATO military installations within 300 miles of Russia border. That will show you who's the real aggressor. Russia wants a buffer zone from US/NATO military installations to keep the peace.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

NATO wants to march all the way towards to Moscow something that not even the Fascists tried but failed. While NATO militarily occupying Eastern Europe.

Is that what putin told you?

Have ANY evidence to back up that absurd lie?

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007

Ukraine is being used by US/NATO. Go look at the map of US/NATO military installations within 300 miles of Russia border. That will show you who's the real aggressor. Russia wants a buffer zone from US/NATO military installations to keep the peace.

You are upset that NATO installed air defenses that pose zero risk to any russian planes not flying over someone else's country?

Why?

Does putin have plans?

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghostsdogood

Is that what putin told you?

Have ANY evidence to back up that absurd lie?

More non-history. The "Fascists" (we called them Nazis when I was a kid) DID try to "march all the way to Moscow" but got stopped just short of it.

But NATO? Don't think so. Even if NATO wanted to do that, one does not invade Russia with just a handful of brigades. The paranoid fear-mongering exercises are increasing in their intensity, it seems.

Now, an interesting bit: the Turks are getting more and more interested in the coming conflict. Seems something that Putin's brilliant advisors forgot is a people called the Tatars ... a Turkic people, who have much more history invested in Crimea than even the Russians. May be time for the Kremlin to dust off some very old history books, as in the kind written before 1917

Cheers

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsdogood

air defenses that pose zero risk

The air defenses dont pose zero risk to Russian fighters/planes and despite NATO placing them so close to Russia? if these air defenses were meant to defend Europe from Iran.

They could have placed the air defenses all over Turkey, Greece. Yet that is not what is happening.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 03:19 AM
link   

The air defenses dont pose zero risk to Russian fighters/planes and despite NATO placing them so close to Russia? if these air defenses were meant to defend Europe from Iran.

They could have placed the air defenses all over Turkey, Greece. Yet that is not what is happening.

Yes it is happening in the entire EU.

300 miles is not all that close, especially for air defenses with a 100 mile range.

They are not just to defend against Iran.

They are to protect from any attacking force, especially russia.

They have no ability to attack anyone not flying over their territory.

Does putin have plans for flying his military over other countries again?

So how does these air defenses pose any risk to russia?

Absurd.

edit on 3-2-2022 by Ghostsdogood because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Breaking

Our U.S. military killed some terrorist(s) in a cottage a few hours ago.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Those "don't pose zero risk" air defenses are the STANDARD all over the world.

There is a thing called "radar". It is used to ensure that targets that get engaged are within the defended airspace.

NATO and the Warsaw Pact had HUNDREDS of anti-air missile batteries close to each other's territory. Yet, even though aircraft flew right along the border itself ... they weren't shot down.

Stop the fear-mongering.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join