It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Videogames are evil? How things have changed since the early 80s .....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

they cannot tell cartoons from reality,

same people demonized bugs bunny roadrunner as TOO VIOLENT.
and replaced it with REAL KIDS with knlves, swords and other weapons,
dressed up as mighty morphin power rangers..
and every kid in the country wanted REAL WEAPONS..

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
I've started playing again.

I played Saints Row 4 and was astonished that un order to get ahead I had to massacre an entire town of innocent people.

Kind of enjoyed the freedom though

they were not innocent. it was a 50s sim and they were guilty of impeding a saint. lol.

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The otherside of video games is that we can do what we can not do in the real world. I do remember people looking weird at me for sayings things like headshot to a friend that got a headshot in the game.
Thus that means the problem you are making is not about folks that know they play a game but by folks that abuse that technology to train or get ready ... and technology can alway's be abused ! Society is then responsible.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Video games are even more evil these days now that there are several with RESIDENT >EVIL< in its title! Sexy zombies try to seduce the player with their devilishly good recipes! They will even release an unholy remake of the fourth game next year! May ESRB bless us!

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I feel quite relax using an Explosive build with the Classical Radio on in Fallout 4, and did laundry after.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I looked at E3's the last few years and was NOT impressed.

The Microsoft show was the worst except a few titles that were NOT FPS titles finally showed up: A Halo thing for Flight Simulator and a new kind of game called Star Citizen where there is SOME shooting within context, but the game's focus isn't that which makes it all right by my book.since you have freedom to do things and freedom to feel consequences for what you do which they say they will implant heavily in your experience. YMMV though.

Most titles were look alike FPS mostly trying to out gross each other and it's no wonder our kids are messed up if that's all they play they more they begin to think like that and actually believe that # hence crime goes up as kids try to act it out to some degree. Mostly low level crime.

edit on 23-6-2022 by SortingHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Mattiac

The sad thing is your not far off: There are a lot of mentally inbalanced people that will think that # is real and furthermore the decline of parenthood will make them look to the wrong crowd for support when in reality they are lost and need help.

This kind of digital 'training' scenario is the last thing we need though while I admit I do NOT think they should be banned it should be carefully monitored and a push for alternative non violent games with realistic graphics. Realistic Graphics shouldn't equate heads being blown off and guts all over. There are plenty of better use of resources out there not being tapped into.

You do know in the 90s there were a TON of non violent stuff still available right? Or were you still in diapers too young? I have faint memories of it and wish I could jump right back but I'd miss the internet but then again today's internet is pretty much # except a few things like meteorology understanding more advanced weather patterns. I'd miss Snodgrass's AG weather channel.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SortingHat

In those day there where allot of adventure games, like space quest and police quest.
Such games exist today but violent games evolved too. The question is "is it violent to headshot a guy in a game"
I say no but you alway's have folks that abuse it !

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 09:19 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sea01

I'd love it if the games just gave us options to turn on/off the bad stuff. You can then have a 'censored' version for the kids or those that just want to enjoy the scenary without worrying about extreme violence: That's why BOTW is such unique because you can do that. You can just ride around for fun or do a ton of sidequests but they don't fill your map up. BOTW is actually a very dynamic world but it's not obvious since Nintendo didn't believe in cluttering your map.

Look at the BOTW vs Age of Calamity map: I wish AOC had filters you can toggle such as quests you already have done be the only ones shown or not shown so you won't have to hunt for a small level you haven't yet done. I often can't find 'Feast For Wizzrobes' if I haven't played it in a while. That level is great for refilling your magic. An even harder level is 'Strike It Rich' where you fight two Stone monsters as 2 different characters: lots of boxes with each one I think you can get 200 rupees especially if you cook stats that increase your ruppee count.

edit on 3-7-2022 by SortingHat because: (no reason given)

Recently I discovered a secret about one hit levels: In those levels your suppose to lose after being hit once but cooking a fairy tonic will give you a one revival after being KO'd so you technically have two hits to complete it since the fairy revives you once.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join