It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Suspends Whoopi Goldberg for 2 weeks over her comments on the Holocaust

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 11:09 PM
link   

"The View" co-host Whoopi Goldberg has been suspended following her controversial remarks about the Holocaust.

"Effective immediately, I am suspending Whoopi Goldberg for two weeks for her wrong and hurtful comments," ABC News president Kim Godwin said in a statement Tuesday evening. "While Whoopi has apologized, I've asked her to take time to reflect and learn about the impact of her comments."

"The entire ABC News organization stands in solidarity with our Jewish colleagues, friends and communities," Godwin added.

ABC Suspends Whoopi Goldberg for 2 weeks over her comments on the Holocaust

It was only a matter of time before someone from the View opened there mouth's and swallowed there foot. I thought it was going to be Joy Behar. Either or that show needs to go away.

Her ignorance is what got her suspended -
"Goldberg went viral on Monday when she argued that the Holocaust "isn't about race," stunning her colleagues at the table.

"What is it about?" co-host Joy Behar asked.

"It’s about man’s inhumanity to man, that’s what it’s about," Goldberg said. "

Fox panel discussing it-
www.youtube.com...

To help those that dont have all the facts. The Holocaust is referring the 6 million Jews who tghe Nazis killed. In total there were about 10-12 million, in total, who were killed. The numbers include Jews, Roma Gypsies, Homosexuals, politicians who did not support the Nazis, persons who were placed into "protective custody" by the Nazis (enemies of the state), etc, and came from every location the Nazis controlled.
edit on 1-2-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Its sweet when the deluded eat their own. Its coming around with increasing frequency.

Welcome back btw.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Ms Goldberg. You have failed in your duty as an African American moral compass that all us inherently racist Whites are so sorely in need of. If Morgan Freeman was dead he'd be spinning in his grave. SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!
edit on 1-2-2022 by Granitebones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I wonder if she will understand what being cancelled like a conservative means now.

I doubt it but one could hope she gets a clue and dumps the Progressive Authoritarians and becomes more of a Classic Liberal Free Speech advocate.

One could dream anyway....

Regardless, she was suspended over an opinion and or lack of knowledge of the facts. No free speech or thought allowed Whoopie.

edit on 1-2-2022 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I agree.. in this case though the other members of the view apparently were dumbfounded when Goldberg made the comment and were even more confused when she defended the comments so I am guessing her suspesion most likely came from them complaining.

and thank you. Not sure how long I will be back. Dealing with personal bs still.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I would wager if Goldberg was conservative and made that comment she would have been fired. Since she comes from the left its only a suspension. On a side note MSNBC announced Rachel Maddow is taking 2 weeks off the concentrate on her movie (or documentary/etc). Part of me wonders if she got suspended for something she said.
edit on 1-2-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I would wager that if she were male and not BAME she would be fired, fined, imprisoned, be financially ruined, and never seen or heard from again.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Yea, thats how far off the rails she went.

Hope all is well.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 11:31 PM
link   
2 weeks suspension is not enough , she will be forgiven. Hopefully her ratings take a good beating.

If Fox News said the same thing all hell would break lose.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 11:39 PM
link   
She probably meant since the jews were white skinned people then it couldnt be racist.

Because it can only be racist if its against dark skinned people . Im surprised the other hosts dont believe the same thing.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 11:40 PM
link   
When did Jewish become a race?

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I think this might be a bit overblown because im not sure shes a bad human and maybe just a bit stupid( or yugely stupid). But if i were gonna jump on i would want to point out that when white people showed up in Africa there was a thriving slave trade that got overblown because they traded their people for metal and technology they didnt have. Imagine if we just called the slave market blacks vs blacks. Im personally leaning towards censorship and cancel culture is dumb.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The lines have been crossed

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Cambury

That was my immediate thought too.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Now they have to bring back Gina Carano!!!

I freaking love Gina Carano, and all she did was compared today’s Left to the Nazis.
It was a fair assertion I thought.
She said the political party in power made people hate their neighbors based off political beliefs through lies and propaganda! Sounds familiar doesn’t it?

I demand Gina be brought back immediately with back pay.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Funny, conservatives don't talk about cancel culture unless it's about canceling a conservative. Hypocrisy?

Whoopi was very wrong. Jews are not a race actually but it is an ancient tribal term, and Judaism is a religion but Nazis considered them a race. Actually, racially many of them are Semites which is why you have antisemitism. Though some Jews are not Semites, some Ashkenazi Jews, for instance, are of European descent, Serpahadic Jews or oriental Jews are generally from Iberia or Spain, but converts can be any race. And there are African or Falasha Jews from Ethiopia. But all Jews are not from the tribe of Judah. The Tribe of Judah is one of the two surviving ancient Isreal tribes the other 10 are known as the lost tribes of Israel. Since Judah survived that tribal term became associated with the religion in history and has stuck.

But Whoopi was totally out of line since the Nazis were virulent despicable racists but I don't think she should be punished for an ignorant statement that was not based on anything malicious.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Round about the same time as Islam did.
a reply to: Cambury

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Woopie was outa line she is supposed to bash white people and right leaning black people. Jews are off limits unless your Jewish then it’s kosher.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cambury

For the US -
In 1982 when a synagogue was attack by Neo Nazis in White Oak Maryland. The Jewish people filed a lawsuit and in the suit they made the argument that "were now claiming rights as an ethnic group,” not just as a religion. By doing this they could make claims under US Federal law. Also about 10% of Jews inside the US are classified as non White.

for the Jewish religion - Goes back several thousand years -
If you research the country of Israel and look at the ethnic breakdown you get even more groups (most are from central and East Europe with their own ethnic identity completely different than the groups in the US.
edit on 2-2-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Woopie was outa line she is supposed to bash white people and right leaning black people. Jews are off limits unless your Jewish then it’s kosher.

I am NOT defending Whoopi but her point revolved around Hitler and his racism, which I am sure had she gotten her point across somehow Republicans and Trump would have been worked into her bs.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join