It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Media is a Joke.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This is why you can't trust the media. Check the dates and headlines on these WaPo article. Conspiracy theory or spoiler alerts?

Last fall... media was trying to discredit DeSantis for saying covid cases surge in winter....

Now here we are four months later.... same WaPo says covid may be seasonal. You cannot make this stuff up and wouldn't believe if there wasn't proof of such mindlessness...

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I think of the media like a restaurant... They serve what sells.

Under that logic I see them as a symptom of a problem, and the root is closer to the consumers or the populace.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

You'd think real journalist would investigate what they are publishing.

However, I agree consumers are the problem. They assume because certain media publishes something it is true. There is a lack of curiosity or ability to question anything.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 11:28 AM
link   

You'd think real journalist would investigate what they are publishing.

Quality investigative journalism got killed by the new corporate model sadly.

Back in the day a journalist may pick up a story and work on it for months or years before running it. Now they just pump out clickbait and pry on wedge issues to draw in consumers by appealing to their emotional response.

It works so long as people continue to consume it.
edit on 1-2-2022 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Anyone else have their local channels showing a "Misinformation" commercial? It basically tells people to report when misinformation is being given.
Apparently, because, like the OP's example, it is only NOT misinformation, when it comes from the MSM.

We are being spoon fed.

And I don't like it. Not one little bit.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   

The producers and editors and owners of certain media outlets are already labeled as enemy combatant US Traitors.

At the appropriate time... They will be citizen arrested.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
This is why you can't trust the media. Check the dates and headlines on these WaPo article. Conspiracy theory or spoiler alerts?

Last fall... media was trying to discredit DeSantis for saying covid cases surge in winter....

Now here we are four months later.... same WaPo says covid may be seasonal. You cannot make this stuff up and wouldn't believe if there wasn't proof of such mindlessness...

First, that quote from DeSantis was in the middle of August, which is actually in the Summer. He was discussing the situation in his state at the time and said nothing about Winter. At that particular time, his state had the highest number of Covid deaths per day and he was fighting against any efforts to reduce that number, such as mask mandates and social distancing.

Second, the criticism of DeSantis was not because he was saying that Covid is seasonal. Almost all public health officials from the beginning of the pandemic assumed that Covid probably would be seasonal. That's because almost all airborne contagious respiratory diseases are. There's a reason that seasonal flu is called "seasonal".

The reason DeSantis was being criticized is because if you know (or believe) that a particular disease is likely to be more contagious during one particular season than another, that should call for increased efforts to control the outbreak during that season, not decreased efforts. If you're driving a speeding car towards a cliff, you're supposed to step on the brakes, not the accelerator.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Under that logic I see them as a symptom of a problem, and the root is closer to the consumers or the populace.

They literally have blood on their hands in my opinion, and together with the current administration and 'elites' should hang from the nearest tree.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

So that is supposed to explain why wapo ridicules an idea when it doesn't fit their narrative, then pushes the same idea when it does?

For political reasons.

That always seem to exactly match the democrat party's most current propaganda lies?

Thank you for the admission, but we already knew.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   

It is fascinating seeing how folks such as yourself come up with all kinds of absurd logic to justify the flip flopping, hypocrisy, lying, and outright propaganda when you are presented with simple examples that cannot be refuted.

It reallly is fascinating. As mark twain said, it is easier to fool some people than to convince them theyve been fooled.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

They literally have blood on their hands in my opinion, and together with the current administration and 'elites' should hang from the nearest tree.

Well, this is what happens when the populace relinquishes power.

When only 50% eligible vote on a good presidential election, what do we expect the quality of politicians to be?

When people keep seeking their information from corporate giants who made a profit model by taking advertising money from the entities they're supposed to watchdog, what do we expect the quality of content to be?

We all know this. Yet people just want someone to blame. Well here's the thing, the power structures as they are don't mind being patsies.

Oh you hate Republicans? Vote Democrat. You hate CNN? Watch Fox. Those are all interchangeable, and they all benefit from people hating their "opposition" and vise versa.

Nothing will change until we change. And we can't just punish people for doing what we told them to. Democrats and Republicans kept getting voted in while we all know how terrible they are. People keep tuning into cable outlets even though it's punditry entertainment. What are we to do, hang people for producing what was demanded? And then what?

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Here is something you don't see everyday ... and a BIG reason the media is a political tool ...

Conflict of Interest: New Washington Post National Editor Recused From FBI Coverage

...It is not uncommon for Washington journalists to be married to government officials, lobbyists and others who influence policy from various vantage points. But a review of Gold’s biography reveals a web of especially close connections to Democratic Party officials or activists.....

edit on 212022 by MetalThunder because: carpe F'N diem

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I’ll leave this here if it hasn’t already been posted.

www.reddit.com.../comments/sbp86m/this_is_extremely_dangerous_to_our_democracy/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=io ssmf

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I wish this was true, but it's only half the equation.

They aren't solely pushing what sells for them as individual outlets, they absolutely push what is beneficial to a much larger consortium of powerful interests, from the military-industrial complex to big pharma.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Fauci, CNN, Biden, and these local/state politicians are pushing Covid narratives and policies that are not based on the science and have failed already.

Much of the media has been pushing false narratives about Covid 19 for almost two years. Many realities that are now proven and acknowledged, were "fact checked" and censored only 6 months ago. These include:

1) There is little evidence to support school shut downs
2) The vaccines are limited in efficacy and breakthroughs are commonplace
3) The vaccines do not prevent infection nor transmission, meaning they do not in fact "stop the spread"
4) Most masks do little to nothing to stop the spread, which means that the mask mandates are ill advised
5) The mass lockdowns not only didn't do much to stop the spread, they destroyed entire economies, jobs, and many small businesses.
6) Six feet distancing rules were not based on science
7) Natural immunity is legitimate and equal to vaccination

What isn't acknowledged yet are the necessary logical conclusions from this data:

1) Vaccine mandates should be abolished especially because they won't stop the spread
2) Mask mandates should be abolished because they don't stop the spread
3) School lockdowns should be discontinued because of the incredible negative impact on kids, and the fact they don't stop the spread
4) Natural immunity should be allowed as an exemption to any continuing mandates
edit on 1-2-2022 by Madviking because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   

So is this the Official Response from CNN and MSNBC or do you actually have something to contribute ?

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   

totally disagree. if they marketed what sold, we would see more Fox News types.
CNN/MSNBC/CBS/NBC/ABC etc are dominated by ideologues that promote the leftist world view. even as they lose viewers (and subscribers in print media) they refuse to change.
they don't give us what we want, they give us what they want us to have.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Yep

Wife and I keep saying if people stopped watching MSM there would be no 'pandemic'
Likewise they need to stop taking covid19 'tests' cuz now this is not about deaths it's about 'cases' whatever the # that means.
bunch of stupid sheep

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   

There is no real journalism anymore.

If there is by some slim chance, those people get killed.

It's all propaganda pushed globally at the same time

Operation lockstep
operation mockingbird
etc etc

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

It is fascinating seeing how folks such as yourself come up with all kinds of absurd logic to justify the flip flopping, hypocrisy, lying, and outright propaganda when you are presented with simple examples that cannot be refuted.

It reallly is fascinating. As mark twain said, it is easier to fool some people than to convince them theyve been fooled.

Only it easily refuted by reading the actual article rather than (deliberately?) misrepresenting the clam being made.

From the article

Salemi, who runs a coronavirus data dashboard, said he believes the tendency for people to stay indoors during warmer weather is just one factor attributable to the rise in cases, but he said it’s a misrepresentation to discount the other four causes he and other experts have identified fueling the state’s flood of cases and hospitalizations:

[quote]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join