It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final Destination.....for real

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The "Final Destination" movies are based on the idea that there are people who are supposed to die, somehow avoid it and it catches up with them later.

In Dec of 1977, The University of Evansville Purple Aces basketball team were on their way to Tennessee for a game. They, along with coaches, radio announcers and some fans, boarded a plane at the Evansville Airport. The plane crashed shortly after takeoff, killing all on board.

One player, David Furr, had an ankle injury and didn't go. He was the sole survivor of the entire team.

2 weeks later, he was killed in a car accident.

* cue Twilight Zone music *

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

This is the one that made me think of Final Destination.

*cue John Denver*youtu.be...

www.cbc.ca...

Woman dies in car crash days after missing doomed Air France flight

The Ganthalers flew to Germany the next day. Upon landing in Munich, the two rented a vehicle and decided to drive home, Italy's ANSA news agency reported Thursday. While driving through Kufstein, Austria, their vehicle swerved into the opposite lane, hitting a truck.

Ganthaler died at a local hospital, while her husband remains in critical condition, ANSA reported. It was not immediately clear when she died.

When your number is up.
youtu.be...

edit on 31-1-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Fascinating topic.
Thanks BigB for the additional stories & of course I love a pic of Darwin. Although I'm a little concerned about your weight more than your flying high ears.

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   
A couple who supposed to be on the Air France flight from Rio to Paris in 09 wich crashed.
They didnt board the plane and later got into a car accident , killing the female.

www.smh.com.au...
edit on 31-1-2022 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

Edit : some one already posted this , guess im late to the party.

edit on 31-1-2022 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

So are you saying these deaths were predestined by a higher power? For what reason....SIN? Sacrificial Ritual by a ????

S&F...Interesting subject!!! Thanks for the inspiration.

edit on 31-1-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Here are a few more stories :

mysteriousuniverse.org...

Lots of other articles on that website that i enjoyed reading.

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   
In a world with billions of people and trillions of events going on and on, there will always be odd/eerie stories. Those who survive a deadly event are still in the chaos of events and can die at anytime, just like everyone else. Spooky exceptions to statistical norms will always happen...it's life, so to speak.

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

John Denver also died in a plane crash.
Or shall we say, he won the Darwin Award.
He was a pilot, had 2 grand in his wallet,
and neglected to top off his fuel tanks
before flight. Ran out of fuel in one tank ,
and consequently died because of the goofy
way the valve was set up for the
secondary fuel tank.

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: RavenSpeaks
a reply to: Bigburgh

John Denver also died in a plane crash.
Or shall we say, he won the Darwin Award.
He was a pilot, had 2 grand in his wallet,
and neglected to top off his fuel tanks
before flight. Ran out of fuel in one tank ,
and consequently died because of the goofy
way the valve was set up for the
secondary fuel tank.

I remember it well, even remember where I was weirdly enough.

Denver died on the afternoon of October 12, 1997, when his light homebuilt aircraft, a Rutan Long-EZ with registration number N555JD, crashed into Monterey Bay near Pacific Grove, California, while making a series of touch-and-go landings at the nearby Monterey Peninsula Airport.[51] He was the plane's only occupant.[56][57] The official cause of death was multiple blunt force trauma resulting from the crash.

Denver was a pilot with over 2,700 hours of experience. He had pilot ratings for single-engine land and sea, multi-engine land, glider and instrument. He also held a type rating in his Learjet. He had recently purchased the Long-EZ aircraft, made by someone else from a kit,[58] and had taken a half-hour checkout flight with the aircraft the day before his accident.[59][60]

Denver was not legally permitted to fly at the time of the crash. In previous years, he had several arrests for drunk driving.[61] In 1996, nearly a year before the accident, the FAA learned that Denver had failed to maintain sobriety by not refraining entirely from alcohol and revoked his medical certification.[51][52] The accident was not influenced by alcohol use; an autopsy found no sign of alcohol or other drugs in Denver's body... ~WIKI

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Such a sad loss.

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BelleEpoque

My weight keeps me grounded.

new topics

top topics

join