It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worlds First Electric Wingsuit Flight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Hi all, hope everyone is well!

I've just come across a video published within the last few days showing Daredevil Peter Salzmann taking his own-designed electric wingsuit for its maiden flight.

The wingsuit has a front-mounted unit containing 2x 50v LiOn batteries, two carbon fiber ducted fans, and has a flight time of up to five minutes. There was no word on the motors being used (unless I missed it, but I did try to take notes).

It has a maximum recorded flight-speed of 186mph, said to be three times the speed of a normal wingsuit flight, it also has enough power to climb over mountains, as demonstrated in the video below. It's seriously impressive at how fast he pulls away from the other guys,

The wingsuit was built in collaboration with BMWi.

Not quite up to the levels of awesomeness as Yves Rossy, but a darnsight more affordable I'd guess, cool stuf

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

5 minutes flight time .. doesn't seem like much.

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

To me that seems like plenty, before they could only fly down, but now they can gain altitude for five minutes and greatly increase their glide.

Seems like a huge improvement, and to be fair, if they were in production they wouldn't cost the Earth, compared to say something like a decent electric bike.

I think it's cool

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Impressive. I hate getting to "know" some of these world-class wingsuiters because...you know, but I do admire their passion & balls.

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Why not gain altitude in the airplane? Lot more than 5 minutes of flight.

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

That level of density is almost as impressive as the wing suit itself. In its own way I mean.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 12:02 AM
link   

the NAVY was messing around with this invention a guy made here is a video

please excuse the music but you will see the reason why these consumer RC turbines are being used in very cool ways

top topics

join