It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO chief backs Neil Young over Covid misinformation row with Spotify,Spotify to add Warnings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Freedom of discussions is under threat as a results by those who are trying to censor Joe Rogan over his guest and according to World Health Organization Covid Misinformation.

WHO is the one making decisions what they see is Misinformation when WHO had being the one doing the Misinformation.
If the pressuring of 1,700 or 200 supposed doctors wasn't going to convince, pressure Spotify to censor Joe Rogan or cancel Rogan over his podcast then some old singers who haven't being irrelevant in a decade has mostly succeed.

Now you have the WHO Chief backing and supporting Neil Young over Covid misinformation row with Spotify. This row has now managed to pressure Spotify in order to include content advisory in new effort to "combat misinformation."

All this great censorship by hollywood singers who haven't being irrelevant in a whole. The same Neil Young back in 2015 when Trump started to run for presdencey.

Told Trump he had no permission to use his songs/music during campaigns.
But Neil Young had no such rights. Political Campaigns are free to use whichever song or music they chose.

What Happens now to Rogan and Followers?
What happens now that remains to be seen whatever or not CNN or other MSM will be still going after Joe Rogan over ivermectin. Or the appearance of Alex Jones which had triggered some in the media.

If Joe Rogan and his followers decide to leave to another platform or make their own. This could hurt Spotify as the company had decided to took a stance with singers who already are on multiple different platforms.

WHO chief backs Neil Young over Covid misinformation row with Spotify

Spotify swiftly made its choice, triggering an almighty storm over anti-vaccine conspiracy theories, cancel culture and the policing of social media. Many of Young’s fans and supporters of his stance called for a boycott of the streaming platform, and for other artists to follow his lead. “I stand with Neil Young” and “#CancelSpotify” became rallying calls on social media on Thursday.

The actor and activist Mia Farrow tweeted: “Wow @Spotify you chose to keep creepy, dangerous liar Joe Rodan over the magnificent Neil Young ?”

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Its a bit ironic for actors and "activists" to be calling Joe Rogan as a creepy, dangerous liar. Who have no issues supporting censorship, while pretending to care about "Freedom of Speech"

Spotify’s Platform Rules and Approach to COVID-19

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 03:15 PM
link   
For such vaccines and boosters that haven't being able to prevent transmissions but you dont hear WHO mentioning why these vaxs currently haven't able to prevent transmissions for something that was promised when the vaccines were starting to be rolled out.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The same neil young supported BLM and attacked Trump for claiming that he wanted to divide Americans over the issue. Despite the fact that not many supported BLM.

Now Neil Young chases after another clout.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

What Happens now to Rogan and Followers?

His 'Followers'?

It's not a freakin cult. Joe has opinions, and he has guests who also have opinions. He has listeners who listen to those opinions.

Personally, I don't know of anyone who believes everything Joe or his guests say as undeniable truths.

The burden is on the listener to think for themselves, and decide what is best for themselves. Before making said decisions, it is a good thing to be able to hear various differing opinions.

eta:

If Joe Rogan and his followers decide to leave to another platform or make their own

I don't think that's a viable option for Joe. They paid him a lot of money, and it would probably cost him a fortune to back out of the contract.

edit on 1/30/22 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Why should we care what the lap dogs of WHO have to say, they are on the Chinese pay roll and have been for years.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

For such vaccines and boosters that haven't being able to prevent transmissions but you dont hear WHO mentioning why these vaxs currently haven't able to prevent transmissions for something that was promised when the vaccines were starting to be rolled out.

That's probably the real reason for this nonsense. It's just another smokescreen to help them avoid dealing with the actual issues.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Neil is a dying dry artist, he is trying to find any way he can another shot to stardom, he is getting nothing but been known as a big ass in his old age.

Comon man time to retire on the nursing home with old joe biden and sing to the blues.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Lulz!

This just keeps getting better, no one gives a flying f*** about these tyrannical scumbag dinosaurs who lost relevancy years ago. Gotta admit the self cancelling going on is priceless.

All these criminals at the WHO will have their day in court during Nuremberg 2.0

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if all of this actually causes even more people to start listening to his podcast. He's been getting a shytload of publicity.

This might just lead to more people wanting to find out for themselves why others are so loudly trying to silence Joe's podcast.

Spotify is probably loving it.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Told Trump he had no permission to use his songs/music during campaigns.
But Neil Young had no such rights. Political Campaigns are free to use whichever song or music they chose.

In general that's true as long as the venue has a license to play music but the artist has a right to complain if their music is played at a political rally if they don't wish their music to be associated with a political party or person they disagree with.

Neil's rally got your panties twisted hasn't he.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The singers are also free to ignore the candidate as much they want if they are noticing that they are using their songs at their rallies.
edit on 30-1-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: gortex

The singers are also free to ignore the candidate as much they want if they are noticing that they are using their songs at their rallies.

Ignoring the candidate doesn't stop their music and by extension themselves being associated to a candidate or politician they don't want to be associated with , Neil Young wasn't the only musician to complain about Trump using their songs at rallies.

link   

The actor and activist Mia Farrow tweeted: “Wow @Spotify you chose to keep creepy, dangerous liar Joe Rodan over the magnificent Neil Young ?”

LMAO
Is that the same Mia Farrow who slept with creepy Woody Allen?
Liberalism has turned these reject’s brains to mush.

link   

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Screw Neil Young and screw spotify.

I don't need help making decisions, and I certainly don't need some benevolent overseer protecting me from information or opinions.

That said, Joe is just as much at fault. He was beholden to no one before the spotify deal. Dude was loaded ten times over but sold out and is now under contract. If he didn't go to spotify this would be a non issue. His show has gone down hill since then, and even if you have spotify premium there are ads in the middle of the podcast multiple times.

I don't care what he says about covid. I'm a big boy and regularly actively seek differing opinions from my own. But I do hold Joe's decision to move his show to spotify against him. I hate that God forsaken app, my other podcast app is leaps and bounds superior.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

If Joe Rogan podcast gets deleted in the next time over C19 or some guest and decides to leave this will hurt spotify. The So called "fans and activists of Neil Young arent even on spotify.

If Rogan leaves this could damage the platform for spotify. But this story goes to show how there are singers, actors, actress in Hollywood chasing for clout.

Young:We support BLM, Trump is dividing us.

When the support for BLM were dropping in the popularity across America during 2020,2021 because of the riots. Neil Young quickly shifted away from BLM clout chase.

edit on 30-1-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if all of this actually causes even more people to start listening to his podcast. He's been getting a shytload of publicity.

This might just lead to more people wanting to find out for themselves why others are so loudly trying to silence Joe's podcast.

Spotify is probably loving it.

I might listen...or at least read up on what he's saying, since the creepy head of the W.H.O. is against Mr. Rogain. Until today, thought he invented a hair restoration product.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Isnt it strange that WHO has now jumped ship and is in favor of massive vaccination? while ignoring neutral immunity and likely other treatments arent mRNAs?

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Neil Young wasn't the only musician to complain about Trump using their songs at rallies.

Yeah, that's a rather lengthy list.

Here are some

1 Adele
2 Aerosmith
3 The Beatles
4 Bruce Springsteen
5 Creedence Clearwater Revival
6 Eddy Grant
7 Elton John
8 Guns N' Roses
9 Leonard Cohen
10 Linkin Park
11 Luciano Pavarotti
12 Neil Young
13 Nickelback
14 Nico Vega
15 Panic! at the Disco
16 Pharrell Williams
17 Phil Collins
18 Prince
19 Queen
20 R.E.M
21 Rihanna
22 The Rolling Stones
23 Tom Petty
24 Village People
25 The White Stripes

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 1/30/22 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join