It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was thinking ... can ATS have a forum for crime reports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 11:42 PM
link   
There's a reason why I'm asking this because it would be interesting ( but sad though ) of all the crimes around the world happening these days.

Here is one sad story of a deadly crime against a 16 year old girl .

www.kvoa.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Pretty sure a crime forum would be a controversy magnet and get a number of people banned.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I usually post Crime material in the "other current events" forum.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: oddscreenname

Pretty sure a crime forum would be a controversy magnet and get a number of people banned.

Sometimes , I sit and wonder if that would actually be a bad thing .
Yes it would in the simplest of sense .

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Just another topic we can't discuss. 🤣🤣

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 01:23 AM
link   
It can fall under half a dozen different forums , there does not need to be one dedicated to crime specifically. Most of the conspiracy theories are mass global crimes to begin with. That's is quite a sad story, but all you would do is make yourself and everyone else depressed at the level and sheer volume of depravity humanity perpetuates against itself for the most trivial of transgressions imaginable.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
It can fall under half a dozen different forums , there does not need to be one dedicated to crime specifically. Most of the conspiracy theories are mass global crimes to begin with. That's is quite a sad story, but all you would do is make yourself and everyone else depressed at the level and sheer volume of depravity humanity perpetuates against itself for the most trivial of transgressions imaginable.

Yes, I was so taken by this one, that maybe a new forum could be put into place for such matters.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Well MIM, here is an idea. Use the wall in your profile to post these stories, and then simply place a link to your wall, which would focus on crime stories, into your signature so anyone who sees your posts on any other topic would know you run a dedicated crimes bulletin in your wall where they can get daily updates on the underrepresented/underreported crimes happening all around us. They just click the link to your wall and shazam, stories. Plus they anyone can post on your personal wall, so who knows what kind of dialogue that would generate.

And the beauty of your wall??? If you do not like a reply or post, you can delete it yourself, no MOD interference required. No warnings or alerts needed. It is your wall, run it how you like. I tend to use mine as a copy/pasta holding page when I'm making long threads (been awhile) or just when i want to revisit something later .

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 04:28 AM
link   
It would be interesting to see how fast it would be taken over by political accusations.......kinda like I just did. lol

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I would like a crime forum

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Well MIM, here is an idea. Use the wall in your profile to post these stories, and then simply place a link to your wall, which would focus on crime stories, into your signature so anyone who sees your posts on any other topic would know you run a dedicated crimes bulletin in your wall where they can get daily updates on the underrepresented/underreported crimes happening all around us. They just click the link to your wall and shazam, stories.

What is or where is our wall, first i have heard of this feature, how do we view other users wall
edit on 000000p3108America/Chicago130202201 by UpThenDown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

WSC....the Wall thing. Thnx✌️

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   
As a big fan of true crime, I would love to see a forum dedicated to it!

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

You click the speedometer looking icon on the toolbar, which should be second in from right side of screen. That takes you to your profile. The. You click the heart icon, which says wall. It's your own personal space, and every member has access to it. It is your own personal mini forum, uses the same syntax codes, and you can delete you're or anyone's post in that wall if need be. Your space to be your own moderator.

Kind of like an old school mini blog set-up.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Seeing how a lot of our businesses seems to actually be set up to encourage crime, I'd be all for a crime prevention thread.

Small business associations are becoming a better and better idea since law enforcement is being defunded everywhere. Crime in my city and neighborhood is insane now.

The store I help out at got robbed for the bitcoin machine contents, the thief was so pro there wasn't even a scratch on the machine and was out in less than a minute, then went for the store valuables. The company knows how easy they are to rob, yet still approach high crime businesses to install them. Looking at the map views of the locations shows boarded up windows on most of them, the machine companies just dont care except for their profits.

top topics

join