It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consciousness, My Adventures With The Universe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

If your 'field of consciousness' is all that appears there's nothing to talk about. So why do you even bother?
Why is it bothering you if I like to entertain myself with all those things and details that don't exist in your view?

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
Why is it bothering you that anything appears?

It is impossible to not see what appears......

Who is it that's bothered?

edit on 2-2-2022 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Can you prove that there anything outside of your field of perception (it's not about me)?

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Your philosophy ain't working. And if the world and the universe and everything in it can't convince you that there's so much more than just your limited tiny view how could any words I write?
Have a nice life.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Beware of the catfish

Says the Eagle to the mouse

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Your philosophy ain't working. And if the world and the universe and everything in it can't convince you that there's so much more than just your limited tiny view how could any words I write?
Have a nice life.

What philosophy?

And how is the assumed 'philosphy' not working?

You have no idea what I am talking about.

Here are 100 different expressions

Please enjoy what is on offer.

What is pointed to in these podcast programs will not go stale or be dated. What is pointed to has never aged or changed one iota. Therefore these programs continue to serve as a vehicle for clear pointing.

Urban Guru Cafe
urbangurucafe.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Because that's self-mutilating crap, no matter how often you repeat it. It's denial, it's cutting yourself off of everything that makes it worthwhile to be human. It's forced detachment, avoidance in its purest form.
And what's it doing what was it doing for humanity in that very long time it has been practised? It's different than Christianity or all the other philosophies and religion but has the same inprisonment effect as they do.
You're not more free just because you rip your eyes out so you don't have to see the bars anymore.
What I don't get is how you and your dumb gurus can be so blind and stuck, and I was polite calling it philosophy, because it's really just ridiculously dumb and nothing else.
It attempts to simplify everything until you got annoying zombies like you pissing everybody Off with endless repitition of meaningless drivel like 'Everything is now' 'Everything is mind'

And I've said it before if you can't participate in a discussion like a person with their own thoughts and ideas why on Earth should I want to talk with a broken record?

Just to clarify. To put it as easy to understand as possible. You're stuck. What you believe in is crap, denial and nothing else.
No matter what you say I won't answer anymore. I could have more interesting conversations with a chatbot than with you empty zombie.
I tried. Elvis has left the building.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Because that's self-mutilating crap, no matter how often you repeat it. It's denial, it's cutting yourself off of everything that makes it worthwhile to be human. It's forced detachment, avoidance in its purest form.
And what's it doing what was it doing for humanity in that very long time it has been practised? It's different than Christianity or all the other philosophies and religion but has the same inprisonment effect as they do.
You're not more free just because you rip your eyes out so you don't have to see the bars anymore.

Life is alive as what is actual.

Life cannot be practiced......it is exactly as it is.

I could have more interesting conversations with a chatbot than with you empty zombie.

It was super pleasant chatting to you too.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   

The odds of consciousness coming to be through random chance is pretty much 0%, but the odds of consciousness coming to be through a Being that is capable of creating consciousness is pretty much 100%.

The odds of our goldi-locks zone planet in a perfectly level solar system only seem impossible if there isn't a Designer involved.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

The odds of consciousness coming to be through random chance is pretty much 0%, but the odds of consciousness coming to be through a Being that is capable of creating consciousness is pretty much 100%.

The odds of our goldi-locks zone planet in a perfectly level solar system only seem impossible if there isn't a Designer involved.

When you are awake and aware of your surroundings, that's consciousness.

John Locke was the first to describe consciousness in relation to the individual, referring to it as “the perception of what passes in a man’s own mind."

www.vocabulary.com...

Could apparent existence appear outside of experience?

Are bodies made of dream stuff?

Are we are such stuff that dreams are made on?

Merrily, merrily........life is but a dream.

edit on 3-2-2022 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Could apparent existence appear outside of experience?

Are bodies made of dream stuff?

Are we are such stuff that dreams are made on?

Merrily, merrily........life is but a dream.

Probably. I think we are all "in" the mind of the Architect of the universe.

We make vast landscapes and unique people in our dreams every night, so think how much easier a greater Mind could create such things that endure and are stable

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The enlightened point of view is that all life flows through all other life like a river in equanimity "the blissful" attachment, when that ceases? Equanimity has failed to take place and some discrimination or attachment out of desire has occurred in or to either name and or form.

With continuing practice those that grasp and discriminate fall away like slag when refining metal into its purest state... same as "mind" attached to speech either within or without? Mind scatters, attached to body either within or without mind also scatters... attached to min one neglects the body attached to speech one gets lost in a thicket of views and neglects practice for the sake of arguing what can't be taught only directly experienced.

Having won silence? Dwell there in body, speech, and mind... Body silence is not moving, mind silence is no thought, speech silence is just focusing on the breath.

Such a practice can be accomplished on and off the meditation cushion although focusing on the body when moving like with the breath when sitting.

One person attached to the idea of being drunk and saying "I feel drunk around you?" Prompted that person to start buying alcohol and trying to give it to me in a sort of returning the favor.

As silly as that may sound? Others have various other attacks of sensation or skandha and not familiar with the eradication and transformation thereof? Mistake it for something else in their experience.

Unfortunately it's like a magnet not knowing one is a magnet attracting all positive and negative to it unaware that the other people weighing them down is various sorts of iron... that have not refined themselves or the mind to which they are helplessly attached too instead of having thoroughly conquered both.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 02:01 AM
link   

I think what peeple means; Is that quite a few are tired of: "The Great Reset" where the entire world goes dark and someone arises grasping the same habitual things and people over and over again instead of the acceptance that those people are not now and are simply dead... dragging and carrying thousands of dead is the same as Mara and his armies. When in actuality is is just thickets of views postulated already in the defense of a "self".

Those that know using a thicket of views in defense of a "self" is neither self or one's own view; as in there is nothing to contribute towards growth. It is both the Ramanist concept of Anatman and Jain concept of soul at that same time.

Tearing a flower off of me to cover you only leaves me bare instead of explaining why you were missing whatever flower that was or even replacing it after tearing it off... however what's done is done and there is nothing left further for this world when such happens.

edit on 8-2-2022 by Crowfoot because: editing

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join