It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consciousness, My Adventures With The Universe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I don't know its size nor do I care. Ask yourself. How can we discover absolute truth in the relative nature of space and time. All the vibrations in that reality, be it conciousness or not, are void of any absoluteness. A vibration of 432hz is neither true or false. Even a combination of multiple frequencies hasn't any attributes of truth. Yet it is our mind that labels numeruos combinations of frequencies as truth. Numeruos combinations of frequencies as falsehoods.

The buddha used a method of negation to unravel his minds full of knowingness. In doing so he experienced at the root of his being a great stillness. That is identical to the mysterious ayn that preceeded the big bang (as above, so below).

That be my holy grail.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

I really don't know what to make of your post?
If there's something with a frequency of 432hz and I make a statement that says that, this statement is true. But true or false is a way of my mind processing information so I just totally don't know what your point is?

What's an ayn?

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

You didn't hijack anything.
Just don't know where to go from here? Agency as a property of 'that which exists' maybe? Another thing where it can be both, the drop and the ocean.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 02:54 AM
link   

My fault when I read back half my posts I have problems understanding them . Apologies for wasting your time. I used ayn without thinking. It's a kaballah term (aka ein sof) meaning the unmanifested endless one.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 03:21 AM
link   
If Jesus Christ was sun consciousness and photons were his magical rays that animated the solar system, And gave matter life, with every human on earth a conducter/conduit to this transfixing force, spirit trapped in matter, dark trapped in light ¿
Somebody gave me the idea that the brain could be that which filters the collective unconscious through how you perceive the world around you, if you are conditioned into a set way, you may only filter through a limited amount from the whole

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: GUGLiL

If Jesus Christ was sun consciousness

Could be. This assumption makes me wonder about all the other stars, what consciousness do they emit?

dark trapped in light

As it is matter that is dark and inpenetrable by light, yet it is light that gives matter appearance, if I had t, I'd propably conclude light trapped in dark, but my personal Favorit is still interdependence.

Somebody gave me the idea that the brain could be that which filters the collective unconscious through how you perceive the world around you, if you are conditioned into a set way, you may only filter through a limited amount from the whole
the brain as a receiver, is very common and plausible. All the experiments that focus on the minds effect on matter, would however imply that the brain is also an emitter.

Maybe it's more like a translator between two converging streams.
Inside out emitter and outside in receiver.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 07:34 AM
link   

If we back track for a moment, and take the definition of agency we have so far.

Would you say angency created the big bang or the big bang created agency?
i just use the word big bang for the perceived beginning, not necessarily the event that brought forth time-space matter.

Oh before I forget, is it important to our discussion that I watched the video, I might have totally missed your point because I didn't. I have the paranoid habit of not watching videos linked to ATS, especially not after creating ripples around here.
I think you make a very important point when you say...

the danger of technocrats seizing the use of this greatest of all ressources for dumb crap,

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Now where I differ big time is in the trust of the scientific method, but our machines painfully slowly just start interacting with consciousness and I personally hope that by engaging with that technology we learn to develop better methods to detect consciousness.

What do you define as 'consciousness'?

Machines will never 'interact' with consciousness.

And consciousness will never be detected? What would detect it?

What does consciousness look like?

edit on 1-2-2022 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

But they do. BCI brain-computer-interface.
Or wetware
It's at this point electromagnetism + neurons. But I believe that's just the beginning like a kite and an electroshock.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I don't know, because in my view the beginning is always just a transition. And I am lacking the imagination to picture a before space-time-matter. Because even the plasma stage was already s-t-m. So I truly don't know.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   

And I am lacking the imagination to picture a before space-time-matter.

It is not a lack of imagination, no one can "picture" something that hasn't appeared yet.

Let's not assume this universe is some accidental explosion, that brought forth life subjected to the laws of thermodynamics. let's instead assume some sole agency deliberately created this universe.
what would it's purpose be?
I found the notion that live tends to evolve in leaps when it creates a new organ to interact with its surroundings quite interesting.
As if the agency had an intent to learn more about itself, trough the ever more complex senses that can give a feedback as to how it actually looked, smelled or sounded, best would be to combine every sense into one. I really think thats is what drives the materialised evolution of species.

If there really is a sole governing agency that is above everything and unmatched I pity it. It must be a lonely live without an equal even if diametrically opposed to dance with...

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Well yes from what we can tell about our direct overarching agents: to provide. The playground, the set, the laws...

What was funny, my breakfast entertainment this morning:

A lot of talk about agency in the beginning. Beware of the catfish

But I mean I wouldn't get caught up in assuming there's anything unique. Like if we equal God with the all encompassing consciousness of the universe we can't say for sure ours is the only one it's just our only one. Like you're the only human for your microbiome...

edit on 2-2-2022 by Peeple because: add

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The machine is not interacting with consciousness........

Nothing can interact with consciousness......because consciousness is the space in which everything (including machines) appears.

The appearance is also made of consciousness.

Consciousness is all there is.

edit on 2-2-2022 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Well it for sure is working, so seems like reality is disagreeing with you. Even if the brain is interacting with the consciousness and the machine with the brain, 1st hand 2nd hand doesn't make a difference, it works if you want it to or not.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 06:02 AM
link   
What is your definition of 'consciousness'?

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 06:05 AM
link   

lol
The ordinary definition in this case:

1. the state of being aware of and responsive to one's surroundings.
"she failed to regain consciousness and died two days later"
synonyms: awareness, wakefulness, alertness, responsiveness, sentience
2. a person's awareness or perception of something.
"her acute consciousness of Luke's presence"
synonyms: awareness of, knowledge of the existence of, alertness to, sensitivity to, realization of, cognizance of, mindfulness of, perception of, apprehension of, recognition of

And I'd like to add if this

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
The machine is not interacting with consciousness........

Nothing can interact with consciousness......because consciousness is the space in which everything (including machines) appears.

The appearance is also made of consciousness.

Consciousness is all there is.

Is your standpoint and machines are an appearance in consciousness it would be extremely weird if they couldn't influence eachother, wouldn't it?
edit on 2-2-2022 by Peeple because: add

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Thought appears......in consciousness..

Is that correct?

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Yes, I edited. You don't make any sense.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Consciousness is the space in which everything appears......

Do you agree?

The field of perception.....is full of everything...here and now.

Seeing, hearing is full of what's appearing.

Is there anything else?

The 'everything else' will be thoughts and ideas of other times and places and things.....thoughts, stories appearing in the aware space that is here/ now.
edit on 2-2-2022 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 06:21 AM
link   
What you are actually is beyond words, but it would be not untrue to say you are nothing whatsoever other than pure, infinite, disembodied consciousness/intelligence; a field of miraculous infinite light; God dreaming itself; an infinite point of pure potential; or the infinite implications of nothing whatsoever.

The immediate presentation of this unspeakable actuality is the field of your experience, which is an instantaneously appearing virtual field of Radiant Presence as apparent qualities. This is the actuality of which every/ and any/ thing that you think exists consists. This is inclusive and complete; nothing whatever other than this field exists. In short, the entirety of Reality is the "bubble" of YOUR experience, the field of Radiant Presence, which alone exists.

This is the totality of Reality. This is not theoretical, but is actually, immediately real; always the case right here right now.
www.theopendoorway.org...

<< 1  2    4 >>

join