It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sad they executed this poor guy by firing squad in Nashville

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 11:40 AM
link   
www.wsmv.com... 60

Deadly Shooting of a poor guy walking down the embankment of the highway likely sad and confused to be gunned down by a hail of 20 police officer bullets. There had to be a better outcome than this. These officers shot him down like this so they could get on with their day is my feeling about it.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Did you not see him draw an object on officers as if it was a gun? Did you not see her was on the middle of I-65 and there was a well if stopped traffic like 30 yards away? That's what happens when you take an action like that...those officers are going to protect the safety of all those people sitting there blocked up in traffic. They aren't going to risk a taser in a situation like that...you are going to get shot. Poor sad guy may be right be he did this to himself no one else.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Around 2:30 p.m., he pulled his right hand out of pocket and had a shiny silver object, Aaron said. Aaron added it was an 'abrupt' movement and law enforcement was unaware of what he had.

When you play stupid games. You win stupid prizes. Sucks he had to die... But that's reality of life when you do things to endanger your own life.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Your version of the events isn't even close and it ended with suicide by cop as he wanted. No big payout for the family this time. He was headed to jail anyway.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Is this in another thread?

Very sad. But didn’t the officers try to de-escalate the situation for 30 minutes before the situation turned south? And wasn’t the number of officers 9?

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Unfortunate but still the officers did what they could to avoid shooting the guy. I would rather they error on the side of caution.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   
To bad the off duty police stopped, but I would think what happened after was because of his previous record.
If this is the same guy which it seems to be he had a case for assault coming up already. Without knowing what that was about I don't think we can understand fully what happened in this shooting.
"Asl, Dom Bod Inju" is a criminal charge of domestic assault with bodily injury"

Landon Eastep
Date of Birth: 9/24/1984 - OCA Number: 603032
View Detailed Criminal History

Case: GS956462
Case Status: OPEN
Defendant Status: PENDING
Charged/Cited Offense
Asl, Dom Bod Inju
Amended:
Convicted:
Disposition:
Bond
Amount: $1,500
Attorney
Unger, Natalie B.
Attorney Of Record Request
Appearance Details
Scheduled: 4/19/2022 9:00 AM
Judge: Walker, Allegra
Court Room: Birch Bldg, Court Room 4C
Reason: Trial
sci.ccc.nashville.gov...
edit on 28-1-2022 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Oh BS, the officers spent several minutes asking the guy to take his hand out of his pocket. He finally did, when he yanked it out and quickly pointed a metal object at the officers as if he was aiming a gun while taking a shooting stance. What do you think is going to happen?

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I would think he committed suicide by Police.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid knew what they were facing. So did this guy. They did not want to go to jail and rot so they went down fighting an insurmountable foe. It appears this dude did as well.

On the other hand though, I often wonder at the large number of police that seem to be in on shootings like this. Fingers on the triggers, sweaty palms dripping in anticipation of the ''shoot''. Live target practice, tired of those paper targets. Nine fingers ready to pop. Why not have a couple of designated officers in cases like this. Hey Joe, Gus, put a quick couple in his head. Save the money for bullets, save all the paper work for those who fired. Less chance of bystanders getting col lateraled.

Maybe by joining in on the shoot they get some days off from duty, some simple time with a psychologist making sure they are recuperated from the ordeal? I don't know.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I often wonder at the large number of police that seem to be in on shootings like this.

I have often thought the same. They become pack like and clearly with large numbers things escalate, the investigation is also then much longer and larger.
When they have a few there they should send the rest on their way if they are facing one person and often a single person with no weapons.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
www.wsmv.com... 60

Deadly Shooting of a poor guy walking down the embankment of the highway likely sad and confused to be gunned down by a hail of 20 police officer bullets. There had to be a better outcome than this. These officers shot him down like this so they could get on with their day is my feeling about it.

You're purposefully ignoring all the details and outright lying. Demonstrably.

You should be ashamed of this post, OP.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid knew what they were facing. So did this guy. They did not want to go to jail and rot so they went down fighting an insurmountable foe. It appears this dude did as well.

On the other hand though, I often wonder at the large number of police that seem to be in on shootings like this. Fingers on the triggers, sweaty palms dripping in anticipation of the ''shoot''. Live target practice, tired of those paper targets. Nine fingers ready to pop. Why not have a couple of designated officers in cases like this. Hey Joe, Gus, put a quick couple in his head. Save the money for bullets, save all the paper work for those who fired. Less chance of bystanders getting col lateraled.

Maybe by joining in on the shoot they get some days off from duty, some simple time with a psychologist making sure they are recuperated from the ordeal? I don't know.

or perhaps they have seen too many of their fellow LEO's gunned down and they are making sure it doesn't happen again on their watch. Join the force, be a cop for a bit, then tell everyone what went wrong.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 12:54 PM
link   

www.wsmv.com... 60

The ONLY thing about this incident that was remotely questionable on the part of the police (IMO) was that several shots were fired after a call of 'cease fire'.

I don't believe that those shots made any difference though.
I can also chalk up the extra shots to nerves and adrenaline.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Ladies and gentlemen, a verified idiot. Can you just imagine the stupidity that must constantly be running through their heads? They probably thinks opposing a Supreme Court nominee openly chosen solely on the color of their skin is racist too.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   
If you were any more full of it....the septic tank folks needs be called because you my fellow are FULL.a reply to: machineintelligence

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Ok who starred this thread?
Show your face!!
Lol

Devils advocate....
2 things

They should have already tased the guy instead of letting him roam around the highway for a half hour a cting crazy.

The "but he pointed his finger" wouldn't work for a non police officer in court.
We would be in jail.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I think this guy was looking to die. It seems like he was there to commit suicide and he got death by cop instead.

Cops are there to protect EVERYONE around this IRRATIONAL person. They have no idea what he pulled out, it can be that quick. They did what they are trained to do. If you think it is so easy go be a cop then come back and tell us how you feel.

Cops have to make decisions you nor I will EVER have to make. Don't be so quick to judge.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 01:15 PM
link   

www.wsmv.com... 60

Yea that's why the did it?

First of all we got a thread already... 2nd of all

What a crappy take, they did it after they asked him repeatedly to not do what he did. This man as crazy as he obviously was also knew exactly what he was doing to get them to suicide by cops.

FAWWFN that's why he did it, but yea you expect a cop making 30,000 grand a year to take a bullet to find out if it's a gun the man is drawing or not.

Thirdly we find out machine intelligence has its obvious limitations, in the real human world.
edit on 28-1-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
Indeed Dude. Maybe my impressions are to colored by the cop chase of the Blues Brothers.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join