It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Warning: All Grown Up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Several years ago, I saw 3 young sisters from Mexico covering songs by bands like GnR, Def Leppard, Metallica, and several more. They were finding their place and sound in the world of music. I remember seeing potential in those young ladies and hoping they would be allowed to come into their own instead of being swallowed up by what Pink Floyd termed "The Machine"...

Today, those young girls have grown into smart, beautiful, and talented women. They have matured into fine musicians, composers, and writers. I am as proud of them as a big brother or father might be.

For some of you, this might be an intro, for others, you probably knew from the title who I was referring to...

Do check out their YT channel. These girls are not corporate. They have worked hard and struggled to get where they're at today. If you like what you hear, let them know it.

edit on 1/28/2022 by Klassified because: add vid

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
These girls are not corporate.

Their music is very good but they're in fact part of the Universal music group.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

The video is boring crap.
The music is so innovative it sounds like 40 years old.
Which is sad a little they probably got skills but are sadly totally uninspired.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Yes, they are now, but for years they were financed by fans alone. Thanks for adding that AM.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

The video is boring crap.
The music is so innovative it sounds like 40 years old.
Which is sad a little they probably got skills but are sadly totally uninspired.

This is why music is as varied as snowflakes. Not everyone is going to like every band or song. I have my own critiques of the biggest and most successful bands out there.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Well success is not a measure of quality lol

I mean that's playing to the smallest denominator and marketing.
edit on 28-1-2022 by Peeple because: add

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I can't get my head around women who behave like men it's too distracting.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Smigg

Are you serious right now?

I didn't see any movements in those videos that are exclusive to men.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Not the best stuff I’ve ever heard but not terrible by any means.
They kind of have a female Three Days Grace vibe from hearing those 2 songs, I will check out more of their stuff.
Kind of surprised to see the bass player have lighted fret markers on her bass like that.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   

The music the lyrics the performance, all of it exactly like male rock bands, male rock bands are all similar in style because their male so when female rock bands copy male rock bands they look masculine ?

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   

The music the lyrics the performance, all of it exactly like male rock bands, male rock bands are all similar in style because their male so when female rock bands copy male rock bands they look masculine ?

You're absolutely right. We need to keep women barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen where they belong. Not speaking unless they're spoken to. Make me a sammich, biatch. How dare they think they have a right to move to the music they're making like any human might, male or female.

Not going off on you bro, I'm just surprised when I see this attitude still persists among some people, as if rock music and moves is exclusively a mans territory when women have been there all along. Fanny, Heart, The Runaways, and others were there in the early days, much to the chagrin of some.

Have some Goldie and the Gingerbreads from the mid-60's acting and sounding like men.

edit on 1/28/2022 by Klassified because: I felt like it

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 12:25 PM
link   

You're absolutely right. We need to keep women barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen where they belong. Not speaking unless they're spoken to. Make me a sammich, biatch. How dare they think they have a right to move to the music they're making like any human might, male or female.

Not going off on you bro, I'm just surprised when I see this attitude still persists among some people, as if rock music and moves is exclusively a mans territory when women have been there all along. Fanny, Heart, The Runaways, and others were there in the early days, much to the chagrin of some.

Have some Goldie and the Gingerbreads from the mid-60's acting and sounding like men.

Rock music was conceived, and stylised by men, 90% of all rock bands look and sound the same because most are male bands, they behave typically male, so when female rock bands copy male rock bands it's unappealing to me, I'm sure like yourself there are guys who love it, just not for me.

I'm not sure how someone's particular taste makes that person a misogynistic woman hater lol, stop watching the MSM.

The video you posted isn't rock....

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

My point was these girls weren't snatched up by the machine at an early age and turned into corporate hags like some bands I could name. The danger of that happening is still very real now that they've signed with a label, but hopefully they can stay true to themselves. The potential for greatness is there. IMO.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Smigg

It was in the mid-60's.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   

It was in the mid-60's.

The music sounded like Motown to me.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   

It was in the mid-60's.

Groups composed solely of women began to emerge with the advent of rock and roll. Among the earliest all-female rock bands to be signed to a record label were Goldie & the Gingerbreads, to Atlantic Records in 1964, The Pleasure Seekers with Suzi Quatro to Hideout Records in 1964 and Mercury Records in 1968.

Link
edit on 1/28/2022 by Klassified because: missed part of the text

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I'm not sure how someone's particular taste makes that person a misogynistic woman hater lol, stop watching the MSM.

Because the way you expressed it doesn't sound like personal preference, it sounds like prejudice. One doesn't need to watch the MSM to catch the nuance of a statement.

you are entitled to your opinion, and I'm not trying to bust your chops for it. I understand what you're saying and you aren't by yourself. One of my friends feels the same way you do. We've had this discussion too. Some research into rock history has chilled him out a bit though.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   

It was in the mid-60's.

Groups composed solely of women began to emerge with the advent of rock and roll. Among the earliest all-female rock bands to be signed to a record label were Goldie & the Gingerbreads, to Atlantic Records in 1964, The Pleasure Seekers with Suzi Quatro to Hideout Records in 1964 and Mercury Records in 1968.

Link

Maybe back then but it wouldn't pass as rock music today.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Because the way you expressed it doesn't sound like personal preference, it sounds like prejudice. One doesn't need to watch the MSM to catch the nuance of a statement.

Nah lol I'm not having it, I understand though that virtue signalling has become a thing for the sheeple nowadays so no offence taken.
edit on th011311 by Smigg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   

My point was these girls weren't snatched up by the machine at an early age and turned into corporate hags like some bands I could name. The danger of that happening is still very real now that they've signed with a label, but hopefully they can stay true to themselves. The potential for greatness is there. IMO.

I'd wager to say that their polished look and current recognition is due to them being with a big label. They don't waste money, it's all about how they can capitalize on your talent.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join