It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small bridge collapse in Pittsburgh edit President to visit bridge

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skada
I wonder if there was an earthquake in the area.
The smell of natural gas could be a burst pipe, or seismic stretch and the releasing of trapped gas under ground.
Land slides?

It could also mean Robinette is close by....

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Did you hear that rustle?

It's like thousands of bureaucrats suddenly sat up straighter and started planning for their new summer homes ....

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If anyone wants to take a peek at the construction of the bridge from the underside, there is a view from the walking trail in the park that goes right underneath the bridge.
Use the street side function and go to the Tranquil Trail near the Hot Dog Dam Dog Park (no... really)

Google Maps

edit on b000000312022-01-28T15:17:35-06:0003America/ChicagoFri, 28 Jan 2022 15:17:35 -0600300000022 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
If anyone wants to take a peek at the construction of the bridge from the underside, there is a view from the walking trail in the park that goes right underneath the bridge.
Use the street side function and go to the Tranquil Trail near the Hot Dog Dam Dog Park (no... really)

Google Maps

Thanks, wish it was clearer.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Did you hear that rustle?

It's like thousands of bureaucrats suddenly sat up straighter and started planning for their new summer homes ....

Sorry I couldn't hear that after the sounds of all the cigars being lit at once.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Look at this pic. The beam is broke.

pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...
youtu.be...

Edit: the president has left the airport. Now the reload of fleet cars.
And don't let anyone ANYONE tell you a C-17 can't land at Allegheny County Airport!

edit on 28-1-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Enough money to chase endless wars, but never any money to fix roads, that figures

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 04:09 PM
link   
So the bridge committed suicide?

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 04:49 PM
link   

The bridge was collapsed in purpose to push for the green crap and the infrastructure kill the economy bill

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: RIPMH370

Is never about "fixing roads" people should have learn how good the "infrastructure bills lies works", after Obama fiasco and the only ones that got their pockets filled with the tax dollars were greenies companies that later bankrupted.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: RIPMH370
Enough money to chase endless wars, but never any money to fix roads, that figures

Oh, it's like money for education. We spend and spend and spend, but there's always one or two more studies and planning commissions the money gets filtered through so it never quite makes it to actual construction.

The levees of NOLA have been like that for years. No one actually thought Katrina would be on their watch, and it was easy money in the meantime.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Looks like it collapsed worse than the Steelers in the playoffs.

To be fair, they did have to play the Chiefs.

And all the other home teams got beat. Sorry for the folks in Pittsburg. Tomlin has got a chance to get better. Ben was a step slower and seemed to get too upset out there near the end. Nutty Antonio Brown didn't help.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 05:24 PM
link   

BUT?

The CLIMATE !!!🪀🦴

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

And all the other home teams got beat. Sorry for the folks in Pittsburg. Tomlin has got a chance to get better. Ben was a step slower and seemed to get too upset out there near the end. Nutty Antonio Brown didn't help.

You forgot the "H" in Pittsburgh. Like Bigburgh 👈 but it's a Nonthing Burgher.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I need an editor full time these days. My bad I know better. I have been there before and even tho not a Steeler fan and now a Titan/Oiler fan after being a Cowboy fan from early on I still have a lot of love for the whole Steeler nation. That fan base is great. The people that I meet from there are great people.

originally posted by: Bigburgh

originally posted by: Justoneman

You forgot the "H" in Pittsburgh. Like Bigburgh 👈 but it's a Nonthing Burgher.

edit on 28-1-2022 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 11:37 PM
link   

And a President who emotionally promises to fix a bridge, but ignores the children murdered in nearby cities...month after month. And the non-vetted illegal aliens placed in towns all around where his new favorite bridge project is located.

Joe Biden

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 01:49 AM
link   
the frickin bridge just had to give out at that time after what? 125 yrs?

i guess we need to pass the BBB! rite?

lol. gas is right!

thats not a bridge collapse, this is a bridge collapse!

edit on 29-1-2022 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
www.foxnews.com...

I knew there were a lot of bridges – I had no idea of that. And we’re gonna fix them all. It’s not a joke. This is going to be a gigantic change. There’s 43,000 nationwide, and we’re sending them money," Biden said.

Listen to him speak on this Instagram link.
www.instagram.com...

Could blame Biden for being this clueless, but "the Stupid" sits squarely on his handlers/staff for failing to do any "due diligence" and or keeping him blindfolded on the drive from the Airport to PGH. Pittsburgh has been known for it's bridges like forever, can't even get into the city without crossing any.

For grins an giggles, oh wait! for educational purposes just a little video of the landscape. Take note of the short distances to merge before & after tunnel. In normal traffic it's 800ft of "Make It Happen!!" which is more fun cause it's a local custom to see a tunnel and just stop for no particular reason. Going the other way, from the city outbound across the Ft.Duquesne then Ft Pitt bridge is also scream inducing in regular traffic. This video was done at night but again in typical Pgh fashion the driver just changes lanes spontaneously.

Whoever did this video pretty much proves himself a local as he zipped across two lanes of traffic to make his exit into downtown. Having a tunnel spit you out right onto a bridge deck is extra exciting since black ice is always a 50/50 chance at night.

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

I hate that tunnel. But I do need and use the Mckees Rocks bridge to get to Shaler. The I-79 over Neville Island bridge to get to north park and Cranberry, and the Sewickley bridge for getting to Doctor visits.

But Fort Duquesne and Fort Pitt can fall as far as I'm concerned. We still have a couple river Ferry's for cars.... yes it's still done by Rope and raft. I wont take it... but it's there just in case.👍🏼😁

Fun fact. My aunt Rose was learning to drive, so they went through Fort Pitt tunnel where she had a little freak out. She parked the car halfway through the inbound tunnel into Pittsburgh and walked out.

And now for the Fern Bridge. www.wtae.com...

“I’m going to guess that the bridge will sit one to three months. We want to find out why it failed, something we missed? Design procedures? Also, are there any other bridges like it around?” said Dr. James Thompson, a structural engineer with Romualdi Davidson and Associates.

The bridge was originally built in 1901 and then replaced in 1970.

In 1974, the American Institute of Steel Construction named the bridge a “Prize Bridge.”

So this will be laying there for a while.

I'm going with it sat and rusted never to be sand blasted and recoated with primer sealent. The steel looked un protected. Not to mention the Salt from snow plows deterioration the steel over the years.

Edit: I now present the Typical Nebby Pittsburgher..

edit on 29-1-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Edit: link won't work properly.

It is frontpage top. www.wpxi.com...

www.wpxi.com... I/

11 Investigates: Collapsed Pittsburgh bridge was slated for replacement but not for another decade

There's a 3:40min video showing the bridge was listed in poor condition along with 175 others listed in poor condition.
edit on 29-1-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join