It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BodyCam Video 9 officers fatally shoot pedestrian on Nashville interstate after half-hour standoff

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

In allhonesty the guy shouldn't have pulled whatever it was out of his pocket and took aim as if he had a gun... its difficult to tell in that instant what it was he pulled out.. so I think the guy either wanted to die or maybe he was i n a mental state, either way the cop/s couldn't take that chance in that split second... maybe the only defense would be 'why did all the cops shoot? Why not just one cop to injure??

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Even in my none expert opinion your ill in the mind friend and it shows in your writing. Your the kinda guy who gets people who question the very valid shortcomings of the worlds governments painted with the crazy conspiracy brush..

Your broken bro.
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

edit on 28-1-2022 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Suicide By Cop , End of story .

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

....does it take nine cops shooting to take a man down? I understand they were all responding to protocol and did nothing wrong, but it just seems to me that there could be a hierarchy put into place so that one or two officers are the designated shooters, and the others backup....

They may all be cops and 'brothers in blue', but they don't all know each other. Even if they do trust each other, they still would probably prefer to take matters into their own hands since it is an available option, as opposed to completely relying on the others to do what they're supposed to. At least, that's the way I would look at it if I were in that situation.

Also, if they did that, eventually, at some point in time there would probably be an occurrence where miscommunication caused no one to fire, because they all thought the other's were going to. I'm sure that would be rare, but if that happened once that resulted in one of them getting shot, it would still be one time too many, and not worth the risk.

Something else that just occurred to me is that with all 9 of them firing, it probably makes it much easier to live with. I'm sure it lessens the burden of taking someone's life when you don't know if you were the one who took it. Similar to a firing squad.

edit on 1/28/22 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join