It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Now Allows Arrested Criminals 48 Hours of Freedom to do....Whatever.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Are the people who have been arrested and are awaiting their court date at home still not innocent until proven guilty?

The reason the wont be remanded and allowed to await their court date at home is because the detention facilities are possibly full and/or they are determined to be not that much of a flight risk, hence the somewhat slack monitoring system i imagine.
edit on 27-1-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

That is how it used to be, only non-violent crimes and low risk offenders. Per the OP this is now standard practice for even violent offenders.

Chicago Police last year arrested 133 people – many of them wearing ankle bracelets – who committed another violent crime while out on electronic monitoring with no community supervision

chicago.cbslocal.com...
edit on 27-1-2022 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Well if they are as bad as you suggest in 48 hours they could be the other side of continental America i suppose or possibly halfway around the world should they have a passport.

Depends what constitutes violent crime i suppose, any assault is a violent act, but there is a difference between a punch up in the pub at closing time to say a premeditated serious assault to severe injury.

Thing is if your jails are full where are these people supposed to go until they face justice?

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Well if they are as bad as you suggest in 48 hours they could be the other side of continental America i suppose or possibly halfway around the world should they have a passport.

Depends what constitutes violent crime i suppose, any assault is a violent act, but there is a difference between a punch up in the pub at closing time to say a premeditated serious assault to severe injury.

Thing is if your jails are full where are these people supposed to go until they face justice?

Do rape, arson, and attempted murder count in your eyes?

We are not talking about jaywalkers.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with full jails. A liberal progressive judge thought people should be on the street waiting for trial from what I read. Seriously bad crimes.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 07:06 PM
link   

If we can no longer jail violent felons who have committed crimes yet have not been judged by a jury of their peers, then we should just shoot them.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

"everyone is innocent until deemed guilty by the court"

Seems fair. I'm sure it's in the constitution.

No, not everyone.

Sure does sound like a good sentiment though. Maybe we should adopt it.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsdogood

If they are guilty of such then yes it counts, but that needs to be determined in a court of law.

If you dont have the space to house them in custody, answer the question Ghostsdogood, where are they going be held before they face justice?

Because the alternative would seem to be not to prosecute and that's 10 times worse.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 06:33 AM
link   

So your jails are not full then?

Because it looks like the US incarceration rate is around "639 inmates per 100,000 people" as of 2018.

Which is 13% higher than the rate of the next country that being El Salvador.

Chicago Illinois in particular has an "incarceration rate of 497 per 100,000 people" which would seem to suggest that it incarcerates a higher percentage of its people than just about any other place on the planet.

Back in 2017 Chicago had 1000s of inmates stuck in there county jails creating dangerous conditions because the state prisons refused to take them down to overcrowding.

If you wish people who commit crime to face a semblance of justice i don't really see any other option but to tag them at home until such time as they get to see there day in court.

Seriously bad situation to contend with put it that way.
edit on 28-1-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 08:05 AM
link   

No, and the police and mayor are trying to get these people back in jail. This has nothing to do with overflow.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   

If they are dangerous known criminals, guilty of committing acts of depravity like rape, arson, or attempted murder.

With previous to suggest they would otherwise have been remanded to custody until that can be proven at trial.

Then i hope they are rounded up and returned to custody before they go on to commit other crimes.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   

stocks in the town square.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   

If they are dangerous known criminals, guilty of committing acts of depravity like rape, arson, or attempted murder.

With previous to suggest they would otherwise have been remanded to custody until that can be proven at trial.

Then i hope they are rounded up and returned to custody before they go on to commit other crimes.

Just read a current story about a cop killer getting democrat bail.

This needs to stop.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Shocked they did not give them a medal since they were inciting those types of crimes.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Shocked they did not give them a medal since they were inciting those types of crimes.

Do we know that they didn't give him a medal?

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

LoL

No space in the jails sarahvital, i don't know how many town square you have, but that's its apt to be a lot of "stocks".

And then there is that innocent until proven guilty part to consider.

Tagging them is not predominantly a bad idea, letting them roam around for 48 hours before the system registers them as missing seems to be the completely retarded part of the equation.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Sorry Ghostsdogood. but bail to my knowledge, has nothing to do with democratic nor republican ideology.

Even your side of the pond.

And more to do with the law of the land.

Granting any killer bail would seem to be a bad idea if the is evidence and reason to remand then to there time of trial.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   

a reply to: sarahvital

LoL

No space in the jails sarahvital, i don't know how many town square you have, but that's its apt to be a lot of "stocks".

And then there is that innocent until proven guilty part to consider.

Tagging them is not predominantly a bad idea, letting them roam around for 48 hours before the system registers them as missing seems to be the completely retarded part of the equation.

Correct.

While the monitoring was never really liked by many, nobody threw a fit about it until democrats stopped the monitoring part of the monitoring program.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Sorry Ghostsdogood. but bail to my knowledge, has nothing to do with democratic nor republican ideology.

Even your side of the pond.

And more to do with the law of the land.

Granting any killer bail would seem to be a bad idea if the is evidence and reason to remand then to there time of trial.

Only the democrat party is pushing this nonsense in the U.S.

Nobody else.

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 09:41 PM
link   
May 12, 2022 - Spring has Sprung in Chicago

The Mayor of Chicago, Lori Lightfoot, told young people to come downtown and enjoy themselves this Summer.

LAST NIGHT...THEY DID: www.foxnews.com...

Because downtown is where people who are "upscale" go to enjoy themselves, take tours, etc., the police and residents in the area didn't appreciate young people taking the mayor's advice. It was like the gates of the zoo being opened, lol!

BTW...mayor Lightfoot doesn't mind young people being destructive and rowdy. But she can't stand the U.S. Supreme Court. She says if the court rules that LBTQN people like her start to lose their rights, it's time for VIOLENCE against any officials who support anti-LBTQN activities.

Source: nypost.com...

KOOK Population Yields a KOOK Mayor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join