It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible world be seeing an economic food reset on its distribution due to weather patterns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Recently because of ATS I was told about these natural disaster videos on YouTube. I was totally unaware of the havoc that Mother Earth is throwing its weight around. I believe Mother Earth is getting to the point that it is hopeless to help humankind these days.

I live next to the ocean and many small fishing ports. I mentioned earlier in one of my post that the fish catches these days are off by tons. I've always said since I worked next to the Turkey Point Nuclear plant in Homestead Florida, it's the nuclear water cooling systems that are destroying the oceans. Sadly as we know now, that may be just true. On the Mississippi River in Northern Illinois we now see ocean seagulls, something that never existed in my childhood. Also the water vegetation is what one would more down at the Gulf of Mexico.

Anyway, getting back to the food supply, here in this country we have a labor shortage to harvest our food, whether land or sea. The result is higher food prices, even though I believe the govt. here controls the prices of many things like rice and flour.

Our shelves are not bare yet, but frozen imports are really down . Many countries are suffering from the severe weather patterns and no longer can export the high volume they once did.

Will food become the bullet of choice in the future?

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 03:28 AM
link   

edit on 1/27/22 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: StrategyGCR

More likely in the very near term due to the further and accelerating breakdown of distribution channels .

Despite being repeatedly fed a narrative of support for changed weather patterns to be a real future problem , the underlying rationale is far from clear .

And we are far more likely to see the effects of the Maunder Solar Minimum wrecking the current balance and in a mini ice age period bringing horrendous consequences .imho .

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Recently because of ATS I was told about these natural disaster videos on YouTube. I was totally unaware of the havoc that Mother Earth is throwing its weight around. I believe Mother Earth is getting to the point that it is hopeless to help humankind these days.

I live next to the ocean and many small fishing ports. I mentioned earlier in one of my post that the fish catches these days are off by tons. I've always said since I worked next to the Turkey Point Nuclear plant in Homestead Florida, it's the nuclear water cooling systems that are destroying the oceans. Sadly as we know now, that may be just true. On the Mississippi River in Northern Illinois we now see ocean seagulls, something that never existed in my childhood. Also the water vegetation is what one would more down at the Gulf of Mexico.

Anyway, getting back to the food supply, here in this country we have a labor shortage to harvest our food, whether land or sea. The result is higher food prices, even though I believe the govt. here controls the prices of many things like rice and flour.

Our shelves are not bare yet, but frozen imports are really down . Many countries are suffering from the severe weather patterns and no longer can export the high volume they once did.

Will food become the bullet of choice in the future?

As someone above said, it's currently due to distribution systems and supply chains.

Most food in the modern era does not come from our direct area, but is shipped nationally and internationally. In the US and Europe, if one looks at fruit for example, a majority is coming from other countries, especially out of season. That's true even in states like California that have a huge agricultural industry including fruit.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Time for us to get back into putting up our own fruits, veggies and meat...like momma and grandma did.
I still attempt to watch The Weather Channel for regional forecasts, but they are pushing climate change and carbon= bad no matter the swing of weather patterns either hot or cold, everything is a record and "we've never seen this before at this level" jargon every day.
But no one has legit long-term alternatives to our use of fossil fuels...

top topics

join