It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

doctor addictions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I think some people who have all these issues just like the attention
they get shown in a hospital

the few times i was in the hospital you start to feel like royalty, they did my laundry, gave me my pills and a nurse at night.

i can see how that can be attractive and i would even say i have fallen to that in the past, its hard not to when your getting love and attention
bombed everyday.

i look at plastic surgery addicts, and even gender reassignment spectrum of this attention
disorder.

its not the operations they like its the almost royal care your receive, and a lonely person might get to addicting that

its hard to explain, its almost like a Florence nightingale syndrome but in reverse.

i was really down when i was really injured and had to spend a few week in a hospital where i could only see my family for hours at a time, but i can see how if you had the wrong switches flipped that is why these people do this crazy stuff to there body that is pure mutilation.

and it doesnt even look real, so they are doing it for a different reason.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: noscopebacon

the only time in my life I spent time in the hospital, I hated every second of it. Food sucks, the beds are way too bland, the smell is horrible, the nurses' niceness is a stressed and fake one.

But I guess private hospitals that do plastic surgeries might be another story.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Munchausen syndrome is a factitious disorder, a mental disorder in which a person repeatedly and deliberately acts as if they have a physical or mental illness when they are not really sick. Munchausen syndrome is considered a mental illness because it is associated with severe emotional difficulties.

www.webmd.com...

My wife sees this fairly often. Patients who have vague symptoms that come and go, but seem to come back very suddenly when you say they can be discharged. As far as "royal treatment" goes, you have no idea how pissed off nurses get when people pull that crap. Patients who walked in on their own, as soon as they get in a bed, they can't even roll over by themselves, go to the bathroom, etc.
Seriously.
She's had people who actually said, "I'm paying for this, it's your job to wipe my ass" when they can walk to the bathroom perfectly fine on their own, but will urinate and/or defecate in the bed, just because they want to be catered to.

edit on Thu Jan 27 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: source added IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

i dont know why it hit me like a brick last night.

its sad these people existin a strange way they are prisioners of their own making.

Terpine

it all depends what hospitals are near you and what kind of insurance you have. both times i was in for a few weeks ang i got my own room and was pretty decent i thought, i didn't expect to eat like i was at the Ritz or whatever and you have to make the best out of those situations to make it out sane

i made friends with every nurse on the floor, all shifts. I could not sleep even with pills and just walked up and down holding on to my iv holder as an improvised crutch. i saw people like DAVID64 is talking about so i believe it.

i paced so much one nurse said i looked like a tiger in a cage, you know how they just watch you and walk back and fourth, back and forth because they are locked in a cage not out in Africa or India where they belong

i was there both times for serious stuff but could still walk, i felt like i was in jail. if there is a hell its a quite dark empty hospital ward.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The few times I have been in one, I couldn't wait to get out. I can't imagine thinking of it as royal treatment. It is awkward and embarrassing and uncomfortable. I was always either too cold or too hot or both at once. The food was bad, and they kept trying to give me drugs I didn't want.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

compaired to being homeless it can feel like royalty and add mental illness on top and you you can understand why there are frequent flyers

i worked at a hospital as well and i worked in the ALS ambulance and we would have older people that just like the hustle ang bustle i swear, like one man who would call saying he was having all the symptoms of a heart attack about every two weeks and his heart was healthy as a race horse

we even showed him, the doctors showed him...didnt make one bit of difference

and we would have homeless that a lot of doctors/staff would place in a room overnight to get them housing

the hospital is a a place where miracles happens everyday and for every one of those there are 3 tragedies is what i experienced

alot of times older people starting to lose their memory just come to the hospital because they are safe there even if they have homes.

i had to get out of the medical world, after doing medic stuff for US, i did volenteera ambulance than went on to ALS and i just burned out.

one to many motorcycle accidents talking to a dying kid. one time i had to hold the phone as this 20 something year old talked to his mom for the last time as he bleed out on the street. he had run into a corrugated steel lane separator and it cut him in 2 mid waste and we just pumped him full of all the morphine we had and moved on to fentanyl, he died holding my hand.

i also saved a young girl that the other gave up on, she OD'ed and was given naloxone IN and IM and was still down and so hypoxic her lips were blue as a blue berry and i did Cpr on her for like 20 seconds and she sat up screaming.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The few times I have been in one, I couldn't wait to get out. I can't imagine thinking of it as royal treatment. It is awkward and embarrassing and uncomfortable. I was always either too cold or too hot or both at once. The food was bad, and they kept trying to give me drugs I didn't want.

And all thru the night they come in to check on you, so your sleep is constantly interrupted.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: noscopebacon
I think some people who have all these issues just like the attention
they get shown in a hospital

Considering the cost of being in the hospital (in the US) I'd rather check in to a weekend spa and get pampered with massages, facials, manicures, pedicures, etc. I can't imagine choosing a hospital stay instead, haha.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

right but some people like the fuss made over them from the staff even if it wakes them up

and depending how sick you are thew can take blood from you out of a PICC or central like or similar like an IJ.

that being said i was in a private hospital one time and the VA the other time, so i got treated pretty nice.

but like i said i think hell is a quite, night time hospital ward, nothing worse than being stuck somewhere because your health

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 05:55 AM
link   
My mother and sister fall into this for sure. They seem to take pleasure in being diagnosed with anything for themselves or their children. They then can use that diagnosis and doctor care to justify any and all behavior, regardless of how over the top it may be.

My niece is 5, has a therapist for her anxiety is gluten and sugar free, and must go to the doctor once a week for nothing in particular. Each of them are the same for themselves (well not the gluten or sugar part). Hypochondriacs to the nth degree. Covid was a dream come true for them. Also all triple vaxxed and yes caught the vid. They just drank wine together for 2 weeks.

When i visited for Xmas, my cup had to be labeled so they didn’t mistakenly use it and catch my filth. a reply to: noscopebacon

top topics

join