It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voice actor for Charilie Brown dead...Arrrrgh!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   

When you only have 4 channels and one TV we never missed the Charlie Brown TV shows in the 70's

So he was the only voice ever of CB? or was he just the original voice?

www.orlandosentinel.com...

Peter Robbins, a former child actor who provided the original voice for Charlie Brown, has reportedly died by suicide.

Robbins, whose real name was Louis Nanasi, was born in Los Angeles in 1956. He began acting at the age of 7 in 1963, the same year he was cast to voice the title character in the TV documentary film “A Boy Named Charlie Brown.”

www.independent.co.uk...

Peter Robbins, the actor who voiced the beloved Charlie Brown character in the Peanuts cartoons from the 1960s, has died aged 65.

Robbins died last week, his family said, as they confirmed his death on Tuesday (25 January).

They said that the actor – who had bipolar disorder – had died by suicide.

edit on 26-1-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Rest in Peace... his art will live on (hopefully... unless the rabid "woke" cancel Peanuts/Charlie Brown for some ridiculous reason like they're trying to do with so many other pieces of timeless art)

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   

So he was the only voice ever of CB? or was he just the original voice?

According to IMDB, Peter Robbins only voiced Chuck from 1965-1969, but that includes some that are still aired every year during the holidays, such as "A Charlie Brown Christmas [1965]' and 'It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown [1966]'

Here's another little interesting trivia fact from 'A Boy Named Charlie Brown [1969]' (which was Peter Robbins's last voice-acting role as Charlie Brown)

The memorable "Aaaugh!" scream from Peter Robbins as Charlie Brown originated from this film. (Oddly enough, it was also heard from Linus in one scene.) Robbins' scream would become a stock sound effect in almost all subsequent Peanuts specials & movies up to the late 1990s, and is used as a scream, not only for Charlie Brown, but any other available character (excluding Snoopy and Woodstock, who had their own variants).

www.imdb.com...

eta: He was only 9 years old when he first voiced Charlie Brown.
Here's a personal quote from Peter Robbins.

Personal Quotes (1)

[on his voice as Charlie Brown] It is my natural voice, but it has a special kind of inflection, a mixture of anxiety and reflection as only a 9-year-old can display.

www.imdb.com...

edit on 1/26/22 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   

My favourite voice was his teacher and most adults.

Wonk, wonk, wonk...

Grew up with CB and his pathetic tree. Pigpen was cool.
edit on 1/26/2022 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Here's something I was actually just thinking about a month or so ago when I was watching those old holiday Charlie Brown movies...

In my mind, Lucy has been pulling the football away and making Chuck fall for almost 40 years now. Yet he still trusts her every single time, even though he is suspicious, but he falls for it every time.

Regardless of how slow-witted &/or trusting he may be, you'd think by now he would've stopped trying to kick the football, and instead kicked that B**** right in the f****** jaw. I guarantee it would only take one time receiving a foot to the mouth, and she won't pull that football away ever again.

(I mean she probably wouldn't want anything to do with it, and wouldn't even pretend to hold it for him again, but my point still stands: She will never again pull it away)

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   
“Absence makes the heart grow fonder, but it sure makes the rest of you lonely.” — C.B.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

“Absence makes the heart grow fonder, but it sure makes the rest of you lonely.” — C.B.

Charlie Brown was definitely an influential part of our childhood...

that said who knows a bald-headed 8 year old ?

Considering his attitude and demeanor fan theories says he had childhood leukemia and was in the early trials of chemotherapy.

Charlie Brown after Lucy ran off with Peppermint Patty

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Many fond memories of Charlie Brown TV specials, books, etc.
RIP Mr Robbins.

Good grief...

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I loved and still love some peanuts.

Linus was baldish too. So was Franklin and pig-pen. Schroeder was just too cool.

I hate to say this name. I have heard if you say this name five times in a mirror he will haunt you until you take your own life. But Caillou was definitely the cancer kid and between us, he deserved it. Obnoxious little tw*t.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I loved and still love some peanuts.

Linus was baldish too. So was Franklin and pig-pen. Schroeder was just too cool.

I hate to say this name. I have heard if you say this name five times in a mirror he will haunt you until you take your own life. But Caillou was definitely the cancer kid and between us, he deserved it. Obnoxious little tw*t.

LOL not familiar with Caillou but once I read where it originated it makes sense.

but yes I Ioved the Peanuts and enjoyed watching the shows and reading the comics with my daughters. Pretty sure I got Peanuts characters dolls when I was 2 or 3 when I got out of the hospital. For a few years afterward my parents would add another character to the collection every Christmas.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   

The beauty of peanuts was the pacing. It is more akin to Studio Ghibli than the terrible pixar.

It captures those moments of rare tranquility and silence well. It is okay to not rush things and the peanuts movies and cartoons were paced realistically. Highs and lows. Similar to calvin and hobbes when calvin would hike through the woods alone.

Hand drawn is better than cgi.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Don't forget about the piano. Without the music, I don't think it would have become so popular and long-lasting. Schroeder may not have been one of the most active characters in the shows, but he was always my favorite.

edit on 1/26/22 by BrokenCircles because: just because he's my favorite doesn't mean I know how to spell his name....

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Very true. The music was outstanding.

That’s why L. Van Pelt loved that boy.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   

The beauty of peanuts was the pacing. It is more akin to Studio Ghibli than the terrible pixar.

It captures those moments of rare tranquility and silence well. It is okay to not rush things and the peanuts movies and cartoons were paced realistically. Highs and lows. Similar to calvin and hobbes when calvin would hike through the woods alone.

Hand drawn is better than cgi.

Most definitely look at Peanuts contemporaries, none did the real mundane aspects of childhood as well as the Peanuts did. As a fervent little leaguer at the time, the baseball aspect was some of my favorite and semi-relatable storylines. So was the classroom, and even in the "it's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" had the trick or treating realities down. ie. I got a rock?

There weren't a lot of shows I watched as a kid that I still enjoyed watching as an adult but Peanuts was one of them.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   
With the latest in deepfake software, no one ever truly dies. They're just archived.

top topics

join