It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It started with dogs then little albert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Classical conditioning is a psychological concept that was brought to the forefront of consciousness by the psychologist Ivan Pavlov, and his seminal study investigating how dogs could be made to salivate by the ringing of a bell after the initial stimuli of food had been removed, if you have never heard of it you should educate yourself on these types of studies because you are being conditioned constantly.
Another experiment following Pavlov looked into conditioning fear, into a child no less, this study was called the little Albert experiment

Little Albert Experiment Summary

Watson and Raynor presented Little Albert with a white rat and he showed no fear.

Watson then presented the rat with a loud bang that startled Little Albert and made him cry.

After the continuous association of the white rat and loud noise, Little Albert was classically conditioned to experience fear at the sight of the rat.

Albert's fear generalized to other stimuli that were similar to the rat, including a fur coat, some cotton wool, and a Father Christmas mask.

Now these are two of the earliest types of experiments of their nature in modern psychology, with the latter raising the alarm for tighter ethics,

When you are studied up on these things you watch TV and read news at another level, you see, how if 300 people have died after a corona virus positive test, you you know the amount of people who are taking these tests you see it for what it is, not a lie or a truth, but a deception where you are choosing what to believe, most think 300 have died OF the CV but others know that the number is closer to zero.

I see the conditioning techniques often, but I will give you one now to look at to see the method with your own eyes.
Manhunt: Unabomber TV series, the episode "Lincoln" 2017

Picture the scene, the most intense and atmospheric of the series so far, the cabin is darkened the camera moves in in first person you move through the cabin, you are looking for the manifest, the bomber has been captured, you are searching his cabin in the woods as darkness falls

The camera moves towards the lit old typewriter in the corner there is paper on it you think it must be the manifest, in first person the camera moves slowly towards it, you can feel the tension rising as you/he goes to pick up the manifest, within this tense moment all the attention is on the typewriter and the letter, and the name of the typewriter in gold letters CORONA

Subliminal classical conditioning, you have forgot about the name of the typewriter immediately but it has left a marker, now in the future when you see the word corona, it invokes tension, stress, apprehension, when people laugh at why some celebs like Johnny Depp don't watch their movies its because they kniw the dangers of subliminal psychological conditioning to an entranced mind.

GUGLiL
edit on 26-1-2022 by GUGLiL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: GUGLiL

now in the future when you see the word corona, it invokes tension, stress, apprehension,

Well that's a load of Horse Sh@@. Unless corona is followed by the word virus, the first thing I think of is beer when I hear it.
Which invokes thoughts of party time, beer thirty, getting hammered, far from tension, stress or apprehension.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato
I think of Toyota .

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Like I said you would have to educate yourself on the studies, or not, if you think it's not true, fair enough... But this is not a conspiracy, dare to educate yous self and you will see this is science

Real science

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 10:08 AM
link   
While it may work on some people, as in the study case, I can't see it working on everyone, due to everyone's brain working differently.

Personally, Corona just p's me off now.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Do you know how many things that exist have the word corona in the description of them before the corona virus became commonly known as the cause of covid 19

To say that in future that the word corona will invoke tension, stress, apprehension right off the bat without hearing the words virus or covid 19 is nothing but made up bull snip.

Here's another example, The sun's corona shined brightly through the port hole of the ship.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 10:19 AM
link   

this is science

It certainly is.

They call it Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP).

I wonder if the smart devices could work for covert or overt bio feedback studies...

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   

CORONA was a prominent manufacturer of typewriters back in the day when typewriters were a thing. It was a very common brand.

Sorry, but this is just silly. I know that this kind of psychological manipulation happens, but not in this case.
:
edit on 2022 1 26 by incoserv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv
I'm not talking about that, im talking about the facts, I watched it real time, I'm not debating anything about the fact a corona is a typewriter or whether it was the one that was actually used, because it was. But the fact that scene conditioned into you the word corona and the feeling you had in that intense moment, which if you watch right through from s1 ep1, and you know a bit about conditioning and mind control etc, it's easy to see what agenda was at play.... after the fact

edit on 26-1-2022 by GUGLiL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Why are getting so upset at something you see as being stupid

That's stupid don't you see

Unless?

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I agree, but also like I said, conditioning like this is always in play, it's not just this one instance, once you take notice, you can't not notice it,

Add in some, mythology, numerology and the Occult into the mix and hidden meanings are seen in almost everything now, what I've proposed is just the tip of the iceberg,

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: GUGLiL

....now in the future when you see the word corona, it invokes tension, stress, apprehension,

The first thing I think of when I hear the word 'Corona' is the beer, in a clear glass bottle, with a slice of lime in it.

2nd thing that comes to mind is the Sun.

The virus is probably #3.

None of those things actually change my emotions in any way. They are just thoughts/memories, but have no feelings attached to them.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   

study

Abstract

Our daily behavior is dynamically influenced by conscious and unconscious processes. Although the neural bases of conscious experience have been extensively investigated over the past several decades, how unconscious information impacts neural circuitry and behavior remains unknown. Here, we recorded populations of neurons in macaque primary visual cortex (V1) to find that perceptually unidentifiable stimuli repeatedly presented in the absence of awareness are encoded by neural populations in a way that facilitates their future processing in the context of a behavioral task. Such exposure increases stimulus sensitivity and information encoded in cell populations, even though animals are unaware of stimulus identity. This phenomenon is consistent with a Hebbian mechanism underlying an increase in functional connectivity specifically for the neurons activated by subthreshold stimuli. This form of unsupervised adaptation may constitute a vestigial pre-attention system using the mere frequency of stimulus occurrence to change stimulus representations even when sensory inputs are perceptually invisible.

link

Some experts suggest that subliminal messaging must be “goal-relevant” to a person. Showing a subliminal message saying “Drink Coca-Cola” won’t make you thirsty. But if you’re already thirsty and you see the same subliminal message, and you’re already thirsty, you’re more likely to buy the suggested brand. This influence is probably why subliminal messaging in advertising is banned in many countries.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Thank you for bringing this topic up for discussion. It is, as you have pointed out, important for people to know some of these facts on the study of psychology. Pavlov and Little Albert, along with others like Bernays could be basic studies in grade school for all children, but of course it is not because then the techniques that are used in school to train people would be exposed to them.

However, I think you went a bit off the rails with your typewriter example. I can try to explain from my own experiences. Once we discover that we are being subliminally manipulated it is not uncommon to become paranoid about it. We begin to see manipulation when there is none. I know because I recognize this tendency in myself. I think you have reached this level in your corona example as others have pointed out.

Those who use these manipulative techniques prefer that we not know about them, right? I recall periods of time when the entire field of psychology was dismissed in popular culture as being bogus. Why? Because if people laugh at it they don't take it seriously. Your example can be seen in this way. While many members here are cognizant of the power of psychological manipulation but dismiss your example as foolish, others, the people who you want to reach out to about these things can also see the weakness in that example and then take the entire lesson you wished to share with us and just laugh at it.

Do you recognize the name I posted earlier? Bernays? Edward Bernays? His name is also pretty well known around here and most who know it will highly endorse a study of how his discoveries have added to the field of mass mental manipulation.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Perhaps to you, but I'm not talking about this example being something that would effect all, but for sure a high percentage of people who are already anxious and watch an innocent program on their "downtime", unawares of the various subtle and subliminal techniques that can and are used, to influence and affect people

But like I say this is one example, and an interesting one given the climate, change is abundantly clear for sure, but all these tricks are designed for a purpose, it's for you to choose

Ultimately the best thing to do is to see all information coming in as potentially a trojan horse, and have fun thinking about how many different ways it could be a trojan horse, in terms of you welcoming in information with emotion, excitement or even anger, and then letting it go, you now have an association with information and the emotion whether you like it or not

This happens on every level, so we can imagine the amount of chaos swirling about us all

I think standing back and accepting nothing as a truth but having many theory's about what is truth and being able to see everyones generic ideas of what truth is, well, then maybe we can see more

Or less, depending on how you think about it

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 08:44 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Skinner was a prolific author, publishing 21 books and 180 articles.[11] He imagined the application of his ideas to the design of a human community in his 1948 utopian novel, Walden Two,[3] while his analysis of human behavior culminated in his 1958 work, Verbal Behavior.[12]

Skinner, John B. Watson and Ivan Pavlov, are considered to be the pioneers of modern behaviorism. Accordingly, a June 2002 survey listed Skinner as the most influential psychologist of the 20th century.[13]

'
behavioral or operant conditioning.

he even made a 'skinner box' he put his daughter in.

wiki him and read more.

m sure some of you read Walden. pond. lol, don't know how this got in there. henry david T. was big in HS.
edit on 26-1-2022 by sarahvital because: fixing stuff.

oh product placement is nothing new in film and tv, the products company usually is a sponser. if not then like if the film needs a lambo they will ask the company for one to use and credit them in the credits.

like a copy right. like the film does, when using music.

edit on 26-1-2022 by sarahvital because: lol, made a mistake, i corrected it i hope.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

a reply to: sarahvital

Interestingly COVID is associated with the news, or with the scheming media, and before the pandemic
Pfizer was already creating their association with the news, people highlight that the news do what their told by theit Big sponsors, and that may be true, but frim what I know they are all part of the same family, literally but that is another thread

By widely sponsoring news outlets pre pandemic, Pfizer would have a hold on the pre conditioned masses who regularly watch these (program's)
www.bitchute.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Oh I forgot to mention I didn't recognize the name, well I did... But couldn't for the life of me tell you who he is, thanks I will look into it

edit on 27-1-2022 by GUGLiL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Yeah, I learned about this in Psych101. Poor Albert.

Everybody is vulnerable to these types of conditionings, and the younger one is the more vulnerable. Our brains are not very different from one another, our brains go through the same developmental stages, etc.

This is something that happens naturally, our environments condition us naturally. But we can clearly manipulate the environment enough to create false triggers and create the opportunity for the subject to create further false associations and etc as seen with Albert.

I guess one way to combat it would be to control your environment to the best of your ability so that your environment gives you things which condition you to become your best and healthiest self- and we should be doing that for each other as well (specially children), helping one another build environments in which everybody thrives. Even though other people are largely part of our environment and other people can't be forced to behave exactly as we'd like them to, we can still control who comes into our immediate environments via boundary setting and etc, and we can cut contact with toxic individuals and etc. It's akin to what you mentioned about not watching certain movies so as not to be subliminally conditioned (it's why I don't watch the news I'm pretty sure, but I still watch movies).

I also learned that the brain automatically accepts everything seen in film on television as reality. If I recall correctly... one of the first times an audience watched a film of a train coming towards them, members of the audience moved out of it's way.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise

Yeah, I learned about this in Psych101. Poor Albert.

Everybody is vulnerable to these types of conditionings, and the younger one is the more vulnerable. Our brains are not very different from one another, our brains go through the same developmental stages, etc.

This is something that happens naturally, our environments condition us naturally. But we can clearly manipulate the environment enough to create false triggers and create the opportunity for the subject to create further false associations and etc as seen with Albert.

I guess one way to combat it would be to control your environment to the best of your ability so that your environment gives you things which condition you to become your best and healthiest self- and we should be doing that for each other as well (specially children), helping one another build environments in which everybody thrives. Even though other people are largely part of our environment and other people can't be forced to behave exactly as we'd like them to, we can still control who comes into our immediate environments via boundary setting and etc, and we can cut contact with toxic individuals and etc. It's akin to what you mentioned about not watching certain movies so as not to be subliminally conditioned (it's why I don't watch the news I'm pretty sure, but I still watch movies).

I also learned that the brain automatically accepts everything seen in film on television as reality. If I recall correctly... one of the first times an audience watched a film of a train coming towards them, members of the audience moved out of it's way.

lol, yeah they did.

as hendrix said on axis bold as love, well you can't believe everything you hear and see, can you? now if you'll excuse me, i must be on my way.

top topics

join