It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying car wins airworthiness certification

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The Flying car known as AirCar has gotten its final approval to fly by the Slovak Transportation Authority. The air car has a top speed of 100 mph and can reach altitudes of over 8,000 ft. However, you will need a pilot's license and it's not a Vtol so you will most likely need to take off and land at airports.

The hybrid car-aircraft, AirCar, is equipped with a BMW engine and runs on regular petrol-pump fuel.

It takes two minutes and 15 seconds to transform from car into aircraft.

The certification followed 70 hours of flight testing and more than 200 take-offs and landings, the company said.

"AirCar certification opens the door for mass production of very efficient flying cars," its creator, Prof Stefan Klein, said.

"It is official and the final confirmation of our ability to change mid-distance travel forever."

What says ATS?

www.bbc.com...
edit on 26-1-2022 by lostbook because: add image

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I say when something is designed to be two different things it's usually fails to be good at either.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I say it's a joke, if you have to drive it to the airport to fly somewhere might as well drive. Useless for around town or local trips. Might be good for short distance trips say 100 miles or so but all the hassle why go through all that. Plus if you get hungry, you'll have to find a local airport, land and catch a cab, or eat that high priced sh@@ at the airport, cause Micky D's, Apple B's or any other place is not going to have room in for the wings in the drive thru, or parking lot.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

The wings are removable.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Still you gonna want to stop and remove the wings every time you land so you can go into a parking lot or drive through.

Plus repeated removal of parts tend to wear or break something just as much if not more than wear and tear from normal use.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I would have completely dismissed this but then I read BMW engine so I am on board, that's enough trivialness worth a post. It still does not give me confidence that the wings are removeable.... and questions:

Is the car aerodynamic shaped to assist in lift for airplane mode or downforce for traction in street mode? As Bluntone22 wrote, can't be good at both.

I would not to take this thing past 88mph to find out what bad things might happen, no flux compensator needed.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato
Still you gonna want to stop and remove the wings every time you land so you can go into a parking lot or drive through.

For people who want this type of vehicle it won't be an issue. Private planes still require prep work prior to departure and adding/removing the wings isn't any more challenging than that, it's probably less so.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
The Flying car known as AirCar has gotten its final approval to fly by the Slovak Transportation Authority. The air car has a top speed of 100 mph and can reach altitudes of over 8,000 ft. However, you will need a pilot's license and it's not a Vtol so you will most likely need to take off and land at airports.

The hybrid car-aircraft, AirCar, is equipped with a BMW engine and runs on regular petrol-pump fuel.

It takes two minutes and 15 seconds to transform from car into aircraft.

The certification followed 70 hours of flight testing and more than 200 take-offs and landings, the company said.

"AirCar certification opens the door for mass production of very efficient flying cars," its creator, Prof Stefan Klein, said.

"It is official and the final confirmation of our ability to change mid-distance travel forever."

What says ATS?

www.bbc.com...

It's STILL not what they promised us 40 years ago...

I want my REAL flying car that I take off and land in my driveway with.

Oh, and I want Canada to go tropical....they promised us THAT too...

SnF, it is still cool, lol.

Grrr

edit on 1/26/2022 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Another option...
Buy a light plane and leave it at the airport.
You don't have to take the wings off and stow them on the roof of the car.
When you aren't flying, you can drive your normal car that you already have.
Both together are probably cheaper than the flying car.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It will be interesting to see if this is finally the one that makes flying cars a thing.

What most people don't know is that we've technically had flying cars almost as long as we've had planes. The first successful flying car was produced in 1917.

The Taylor Aerocar, probably the most commercially successful flying car, was first produced in 1949 and received CAA certification in 1956. It almost went into large-scale production but the manufacturer said they would need 500 orders first. In the end, Taylor was only able to secure ~250 orders and the plans were scrapped. Only 6 ended up getting produced, with one of them still flying as of 2008.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   

We know just how bad car drivers are....?

Just friggin' start duckin'!!

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Still waiting for my Blade Runner Spinner or my Flash Gordon rocket cycle then (or my favourite though it more of an anti gravity hovercraft the Speeder from star wars), this is cool but nothing really that we have not seen before and there have been flying cars of the same basic concept for decades, some even that were also able to triple up as boats as well as drive and fly but so far they can only do the latter two things quickly and making them fly always takes a bit of elbow grease, not handy if you wanted to get away from an angry mob of flesh eating zombies then.

A move in the right direction but one that has been taken before many times and come to nothing.

There are more exciting endeavours out there.

And you know we are probably living in an enforced primitiveness when Tesla for example already planned something that any UFO believer will recognize instantly and does this mean SOMEONE is using his technology?.

His ideas were NOT a threat to US national security but they were a threat to those that want to control and keep you in your place, he invented things that if we had them would have changed our world.

His idea needed his wardenclyffe tower but JP Morgan pulled his funding before he could get it operational and far lesser minds have decried his work ever since, the likelihood is that if he had completed his work his tower which was also integral to powering his flying vehicle design's would definitely have worked.

And given it's shape there may be many of them out there now powering SOMEONE's Tesla disc's, someone that does not want you or me to ever have the technology they will happily use while mocking us.

So flying cars meh!, I prefer Crystalline time powered temporal difference energy based UFO technology myself, it's more efficient pack's a bigger punch than the relatively weak Zero Point generators they are supposed to be sitting on.

(think about a power source that taps into the potential difference in energy at two or more points in time rather than in space).

But I digress that is well above our paygrade however it is possible that the explosion of such a damaged power source could explain one of the weirder UFO encounters that happened in Russia (likely the occupants rather than being ET were terrestrial but from a distant future OR a distant past and there displacement into our time frame was possibly an unintended side affect of there abuse of this as a power source).

Still all that aside, flying cars?.

Well maybe if they come with parachute enabled ejection seats but other than that nah not for me.

Did not mean to link a weird video I just thought it was about those soldiers but ha, still while we may not buy his particular reality it is still interesting AND a what if?.

edit on 26-1-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Yes, but only at destination OR start. your car will stay wherever you leave it.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

We know just how bad car drivers are....?

Just friggin' start duckin'!!

Yep we grew up near a small airport, and it was residential at one time, now it's got all kinds of buildings around it. Seriously doubt it needs the extra traffic.

Reminds me of JFK Jr. Here's a guy that had all the resources and connections and he quite a few hours of flight time, IIRC. But you had better be trained for all contingencies, IFR rated. After all, douches crash their brand new Lambos and Porsches all the time while on the ground.

Who is gonna be the first one to nose dive into a building trying to join the "mile high club" with their secretary?

edit on 26-1-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

JFK Jr., while bad, doesn't hold a candle to John Denver. The guy got killed in a flying lawn chair that he built himself.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Still waiting for my Blade Runner Spinner or my Flash Gordon rocket cycle then (or my favourite though it more of an anti gravity hovercraft the Speeder from star wars), this is cool but nothing really that we have not seen before and there have been flying cars of the same basic concept for decades, some even that were also able to triple up as boats as well as drive and fly but so far they can only do the latter two things quickly and making them fly always takes a bit of elbow grease, not handy if you wanted to get away from an angry mob of flesh eating zombies then.

A move in the right direction but one that has been taken before many times and come to nothing.

And you know we are probably living in an enforced primitiveness when Tesla for example already planned something that any UFO believer will recognize instantly and does this mean SOMEONE is using his technology?.

His ideas were NOT a threat to US national security but they were a threat to those that want to control and keep you in your place, he invented things that if we had them would have changed our world.

His idea needed his wardenclyffe tower but JP Morgan pulled his funding before he could get it operational and far lesser minds have decried his work ever since, the likelihood is that if he had completed his work his tower which was also integral to powering his flying vehicle design's would definitely have worked.

And given it's shape there may be many of them out there now powering SOMEONE's Tesla disc's, someone that does not want you or me to ever have the technology they will happily use while mocking us.

So flying cars meh!, I prefer Crystalline time powered temporal difference energy based UFO technology myself, it's more efficient pack's a bigger punch than the relatively weak Zero Point generators they are supposed to be sitting on.

(think about a power source that taps into the potential difference in energy at two or more points in time rather than in space).

But I digress that is well above our paygrade however it is possible that the explosion of such a damaged power source could explain one of the weirder UFO encounters that happened in Russia (likely the occupants rather than being ET were terrestrial but from a distant future OR a distant past and there displacement into our time frame was possibly an unintended side affect of there abuse of this as a power source).

Well maybe if they come with parachute enabled ejection seats but other than that nah not for me.

Did not mean to link a weird video I just thought it was about those soldiers but ha, still while we may not buy his particular reality it is still interesting AND a what if?.

Dude, that was an epic post! It reminds me of stuff I read here in my early days at ATS. Thank you!

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

In Metro Detroit we have dozens of little airports west north and south...even one in Downtown Detroit.

I could never imagine😳

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Dude, that was an epic post! It reminds me of stuff I read here in my early days at ATS. Thank you!

His post was great Im gonna have to bookmark this and return when I can watch and read all of it.

As for this iteration of the flying car won't it be obsolete once the autonomous flying vehicles become more advanced and have fail-safe options?

Hell Id want one just so I could live in the mountains and fly to the city to work, but it would have to be autonomous and it would have to fly to land at many more locales than airports.

If I could deck it out as a flying office and it had consistent cell and wi-fi service, did it have its range per tank ? I can't remember

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Won't be "The sky is falling!"....it'll be "The Subaru is falling!".

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Too much like a plane for my liking , the Jetson ONE is more to my taste.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join