It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vespa riders are wankers.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh
You don't go to the IOM regularly then cos they have an ultralight TT race for bikes from 125cc to 600cc. Vespas on the road! Baah, wait for the new road laws coming to the UK when cycle riders are going to have the right of way over cars.
OK when there is one of them but wait for the lycra clad knobheads that ride 20 and 30 in a line and you're in a car trying to get passed. Bad enough before but now they've got the right of way the holier than thou waste of human spaces will be roporting everybody that even looks their way.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 08:26 AM
link   
A push bike rider bitchin at a Vespa rider
Right about here I walk away, scratching my head at the absurdity

Is there enough alcohol on earth to make sense of life

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
a reply to: robsmith
You dislike vespa and not obeying traffic rules?

Have you been to Italy? It's a wonderful little fleck of Earth.

My favorites were the guys on Crete sitting on them in crowds, and then once a 2 meter space opened up in the crowd, they revved the motor and leaped the empty space with the Vespa. Too many of those things become a hazard for pedestrians.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Lmao 'egg beater sound'

We get a nice break from the scooters for the winter. There is the odd nut with a deathwish that tries it though.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Nothing like embarrassing bikes on a scooter....

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith
I was riding to work yesterday in my push bike, when i heard this egg beater sound.

I couldn’t figure out where it was coming from when suddenly on my left side between myself and the gutter this wanker on a Vespa was undertaking me.

I said c u next Tuesday why not go on the right, the idiot looked at me like I was in the wrong.if I was in a car then I would have been the biggest wanker, had I done the same.

I love cycling though even, well I would call them motorcyclist’s wankers in vespas. don’t even have regard for others safety.

They are not even a motorcycle, wannabe’s on a pollution machine in two stroke.

It must have been an old Vespa if it's 2 stroke,I've at least 30.
Not even a motorcycle says you then call it a pollution machine?Make up your mind.
Grown man on a pusher gets undertaken for riding in the middle of the road blissfully unaware of his surroundings.Ha ha ha ha,grown man on a pusher says it all.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: didntasktobeborned
This has to be one of the coolest things I have ever seen. sidenote, I think riding cross country on a Vespa would be pretty fun.a reply to: Silcone Synapse

I admit it does look sort of cool-but I bet cornering is sketchy looking at where the barrel/laucher is!

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I remember the 80s when the Mods and Rockers thing re-emerged in the UK , I was a motorcycle riding rocker so yeah I agree ... they are , although I had a friend who was a mod so have to say not all of them are.

I had a ride of my mate's scooter , Lambretta if I remember correctly , bloody hell how any of them survive more 6 months riding those unstable death traps is beyond me.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Vespas / Scooters are great in a urban environment. They are small and quick enough to get around congested areas easily. Far easier than a large bike. However, if you ever need to do sustained higher speeds (say 50 mph or more), they are like riding a skateboard. Definitely sketchy.

I had a Vespa 300GTS for a while. It was great around downtown Chicago, but even though it was highway legal, it was definitely not the right tool for the job. I got it up to around 75mph an though I was going to die. The 12 in wheels are just too small and unstable at those higher speeds.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
a reply to: Brotherman

Good for him your ceramic brakes were there so you had the stopping power.

My warm up comment was because the brake rotors and ceramics I am used to, are completely useless when they are cold because they need temperature to work and ceramics is not doing a favor there, contrary to the wide believe ceramics are always better than organic.

But I talk 10 piston caliper systems so naturally disks for these are pretty heavy duty and in normal traffic a spiced up car can not devlop enough heat so it takes forever to warm them up, resulting in heartbeat raising moments. My EV has 10 piston irons and they bite like you would not believe it, launch after launch even though they already smoke, they just bite better than some ceramics I know.

Not a ceramic hater at all, ran a lot of different combos and sizes, just recently found out that iron and organic can beat it in some circumstances.

If you ever drove with me, you would either like it or forever take a city bus where someone has a real obligation to get you to point a to b doing the speed limit.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Scooters are the dog's bollocks.

Been into the scooter scene since The Mod Revival thing back in '79-'80ish.
Never been a Mod though, a Scooterist, big difference.....but I do know quite a few genuine Mods.

Never been a fan of Vespa's - I suspect the OP might have been talking about the new automatic twist and go scooters.
Always been a Lambretta man - would love a SX but I'm afraid I'd look like an elephant on a pea nowadays.

A mate of mine from Doncaster Hunters S.C. had the fastest legal road going scooter in the UK, 122mph on 10inch wheels!
He gave me the keys to it one night at about 2am at a rally and said I could have a go of it - the rally was on private grounds - I sensibly declined.

I haven't been to a rally for a few years now, hoping to get to a few this year.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 03:39 PM
link   

What a strange association to make.

Are you saying Vespas are magic?

I mean, how does a vehicle, a method of transport, magically convert everyone to be the same? Are you saying differences between drivers (as far as human beings, driving skills, consideration, wisdom, intelligence, experience, knowledge, etc.) do not exist if they drive a Vespa?

Definition of Vespa: "Vespa is an Italian luxury brand of scooter manufactured by Piaggio"

So any other scooter is fine, but this particular manufacturer installs 'behavioural-and-personality-changing MAGIC' to their vehicles?

Also, 'to wank' simply means 'to masturbate'.

Are you suggesting most OTHER people in traffic do not masturbate?

I don't quite get where you get your clearly unfounded generalizations from, and why you would target a mass of people you don't even know, just because ONE individual that just happened to drive a Vespa, did something you do not approve.

I understand being angry if someone does something wrong in traffic (though we're all humans, we make mistakes, we could try to tolerate each other based on that fact - we all have bad days), it's called 'road rage'.

But your post mostly makes no sense, as you are clearly 'barking the wrong tree', assigning blame (and weirdly, masturbatory freedom) to an enormous group of people that consists of individuals that have their own personalities.

Is it, in your mind, impossible for a Vespa driver to 'not be a wanker'? Does Vespa make people very horny, so they can't practice abstinence?

Why not just blame the INDIVIDUAL Vespa driver as a 'bad driver', instead of assigning 'wankership' to so many people, whose driving skills you have not assessed? It makes no sense to do what you are doing in your weird and wrongly accusative post.

There are also electric Vespas around, by the way.

In any case, your post is most UNCLEAR, because it's not obvious whether you have something against this individual Vespa driver, the corporation that manufactures Vespas, or what. I mean, there are other scooters that essentially function the same, but you are ONLY talking about Vespa drivers, so where does this logic come from? It would be more logical to 'wankisize' all scooter drivers, but apparently, according to your post, only Vespas have this magical quality of making people not only horny, but also bad drivers.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I feel for you, fella.

I've never been undertaken by a Vespa but plenty of delivery riders on mopeds try it.

So do a lot of other cyclists. I enjoy giving them feedback!

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

I would pay to see that odd nut in the snow.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

I stand corrected, j really should have stated scooter riders. You are tight bedlam’s are the original cool machine.

I was angry with this one fool I think I painted too many with the same brush.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese
Recently on a visit to Melbourne city, the big smoke. The amount of uber eats, delivery riders on bikes and scooters was crazy.

Sadly the food delivery cyclists on these hybrid electric bikes were ridiculous, one bowled a pedestrian over in front of me who had the green walk man to cross. The delivery rider ran the red.

The delivery person just took off. Thankfully the pedestrian was ok, no head injury, or physical injuries.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese
I have kind of those compressed air horns on my bike, the same ones you use on boats as a signal alarm. It’s bloody loud.

A couple of weeks ago a car came about six inches from me, i gave a blast of the horn and they had their windows down.

If must have suprised then do much, the sped off took the next right, went up on the nature strip, just avoided a tree from a head in, and died iff at about 80 in a 40 kilometre zone.

I was worried about their driving.

A week ago, a woman who lives around the corner came too close as I was riding on z blind corner, she was going thd same direction as me in a big Toyota suv

I followed her, and she pulled up and got out of her car.

I asked why did she come within about a foot of me? She looked at me stupid, English was not her language.

Her son was there I said to him mate get your mother to re-learn the road rules because she cannot drive.

I rode off.
edit on 27-1-2022 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman
I am a bad passenger in that sense. Even in my own cars it always feels faster, because there is no feeling in the feet and no wheel to grab.

On bikes, no way I am going to be passenger anymore. I had one frightening experience with someone who drives race track and one of his street machine when I was younger. Short under 200HP, 190 or something. Aprilia? That thing lifted in every gear. Myself I rode 250cc, Enduro "half-cross" but just for fun messing around, not competitive and not on the street. No jumps. Wasn't mine but I could lend it.

edit on 28.1.2022 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join