It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the grocery shortage caused by the truck convoy? 5 myths debunked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Canadian News Media are already defending Justin Trudeau vaccine mandates, passports.
While suggesting the grocery shortage and supply chain is not caused by the trucker convoy.

Toronto star is blaming extreme bad weather for grocery shortage and supply chain crisis, labor shortages. Toronto star is not blaming mandates on employers.

Groceries are in tighter supply — and certainly more expensive — than they were before the pandemic. So what's causing the shortages?

Myth #1
convoy nor the vaccine mandates are solely responsible for food disruptions

Neither the trucker convoy nor the vaccine mandates are solely responsible for food disruptions; the sidelining of drivers isn't widespread enough to be primarily responsible. Still, some experts say the mandate could exacerbate an existing problem.

Myth #2
Toronto Star is claiming that extreme weather, labour issues, COVID outbreaks are the prime factors of food disruptions yet in 2020 when the pandmaic before the vaccine mandates begun you still had supplies. You had you're Chickens, Beef, ground meats.

Even when this pandemic begun and suppose COVID outbreaks in some food disruptions had happened you still always had food and other items on hand at the stores.

Why is the Toronto star trying to lie?

A wide range of factors have contributed to food disruptions. Canadian grocery stores were facing supply constraints well before the trucker mandate, largely attributable to a mix of extreme weather, labour issues, COVID outbreaks and logistics.

Myth #5
There is no shortage. Just come back another day to look for your item.
If you didn’t find the spinach you were looking for, try again tomorrow. Sometimes, what appears to be a shortage is really just temporarily low inventory. An empty shelf is not evidence of a widespread problem

Its ironic that Mainstream Media still rely on experts. Similar experts who in 2007 claimed that a market crash wouldnt happen a year later but a market crash did happen.

The news paper outlet is trying to give its readers a suggestion that there is not really a grocery shortage nor a supply chain issue which is not caused by the vaccine mandates nor the passports.

This is gaslighting. Of course there are those who defend mandates and lockdowns who are attacking those un vaxed for being responsible for this.

Those who support mandates and lockdowns they ignore reality.

edit on 25-1-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 08:55 PM
link   
FEAR and confusion, that's the new game on the streets of any political landscape.

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

well I live outside Toronto in the burbs and all the grocery stores and drugstore shelves are mostly full.

just the usual items out of stock sometimes.
thats not to say down the road it might change but for now there doesnt seem to be any disruptions.

oh and the Toronto Star usually lies.

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Can only comment on what I've seen. Since before the C-19 we were already having a logistical nightmare in getting Trucks to pick up product. At the time it was because of newish mandates concerning needing an onboard computer system. (IIRC) Lots of Truckers who owned their own vehicle simply weren't making enough profit per mile to justify the upgrades an they left the field.

Right now still having issues, but seeing loads of newly minted drivers from other countries. Who altho are nice guys,
Can't back up to a dock door, can't manage swinging around the building thru to the designated single lane drive.
Heck we had one driver who misjudged the facility entrance & hooked his rig up on the Train Tracks, then doubled down on his acceleratior burying his cabs tires Axel deep.

The driver kept at it more than long enough for everyone to come outside an watch.
The noise as his metal undercarriage ground on the railroad rails was wicked!!!

But nope...you can't just blame C-19 for everything.
Another factor that started the downturn was each state picked what businesses they deemed "essential" so it was a crap-shoot who was even open to provide products. Our Governor in his infinite wisdom closed tons of places an while we were "essential" Pallet manufacturers weren't.

We had epic WTF??!!!
Cause EVERYTHING anyone makes has to be on a pallet!! Thank goodness we had old pallets outside to tide us over.
Altho dry rotten disintegrating pallets went over Aces on our equipment.

Sawdust and toothpicks, & mold spores for everyone!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

You also have the vaccine mandates and passports.. These two things arent helpful.

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 09:51 PM
link   

All Canadian media are dependent on the federal bailout for journalism organizations for the past few years.

It gives de facto control to Justin Trudeau of all news outlets in Canada, lest their subsidy be cut....for "deficit control", clearly....
edit on 25-1-2022 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 09:58 PM
link   
No. The thing that started a few days ago did not cause the things that have been going on for a few years.

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

You know that isn't true. Even when this nonsense started you had supplies and you had chickens in 2020 even as far as 2019.

few days ago did not cause the things that have been going on for a few years.

You are just defending the mandates which haven't worked.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Trudeau being booed from Aug. 2021 but still fun to watch again and again.

t.me...
also
t.me...

edit on 26-1-2022 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 02:22 AM
link   
dp

Second.
edit on 26-1-2022 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Truth #6 - The lying MSM will use just about any current event to justify government overreach and totalitarianism!

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 03:47 AM
link   

We're having the exact same problems here, we have most of the same logistics factors as Canada but we don't have a Vax mandate.

If those other factors give us identical problems then it's plausible that they are behind the problems in both Canada and the US as well.

To be clear I'm a libertarian and I believe that vax mandates like this are counterproductive because people simply harden their stances when forced to do something that they are unsure of, but to blame everything on them is just silly.

If you don't like mandates, like I don't, then just say so, like I just did. There is no need to make stuff up.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
You know that isn't true. Even when this nonsense started you had supplies and you had chickens in 2020 even as far as 2019.

few days ago did not cause the things that have been going on for a few years.

You are just defending the mandates which haven't worked.

I have never defended any mandates. I think it's a silly thing to lose a career over, but I don't support mandates.

If you think groceries are in shorter supply now than they were the 2nd quarter of 2020, I would say that you didn't do any grocery shopping in 2020.

Trucking is a job that appeals to very few people, and the pay isn't usually worth it. We have been short on truckers for about 20 years. The meat shortages that I've seen (I work in the industry) are from facilities shutting down due to covid outbreaks. The Tyson location about 15 miles from me has had to shut down 3 times now that I know of. Then there's staffing shortages to transport the meat from the plant to distribution centers, shortages at the DCs of people to unload and load trucks, shortages of truckers to drive from DCs to the stores, shortages at the stores of people to stock the shelves...

No, the trucker protest has nothing ro do with any of this.
edit on 26-1-2022 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 08:38 AM
link   
So what is causing the shelves to be empty in America at times is actually shortage of workers period. Many food outlets are operating on minimal staffing, and so they only mass stock shelves once per day and if you are shopping late in the day you can find a good number of items in low or zero numbers.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Surely any shortage of anything is a result of Brexit. That is, the UK leaving the EU.

In the UK that's the coverall explanation for any shortage, or rumoured shortage. Lazy journalism and sad politicians.

Interestingly, some shortages in the UK have been caused by a lack of cheap labour to fuel farms, or drive things around, or deliver your Chinese takeaway because you are too important to go out. The cheap labour has gone home. Many people think it is bad that wages are rising, as these have been depressed by a plentiful cheap labour from poorer parts of Europe.

Anyway, if you Canadians and Americans want to - just blame Brexit in the UK for your shortages and any other social ill you can think of.

new topics

top topics

join