It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real signs of the entry of Russian troops

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

I think the invasion of Ukraine by Russia is more a rhetorical one than an act of war. This is about energy more than anything else.

Russia was paying billions to the Ukraine to transfer natural gas through Ukraine to Europe, specifically Germany. Russia built Nord Stream 1 in 2005 and started sending natural gas directly to Germany without involving Ukraine. Prior to 2005 Russia needed Ukraine to move its natural gas to Europe. It was an unpleasant but necessary symbiotic relationship. That started to change when Nord Stream 1 went online. Now Nord Stream 2 is about to go online and there are a whole lot of people in Europe wondering what will come of Ukraine when Russia no longer needs them for anything.

This will put a huge financial squeeze on Ukraine as well as nations in Europe energy dependent on natural gas they previously received from Ukraine since Russia will have complete control over the flow of energy.

A physical invasion is possible, but wont be necessary. Once Russia is calling all the shots energy wise Ukraine will fall in line or suffer the consequences.

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 10:20 AM
link   
In order or on order?

medium.com...

www.reuters.com...

Lol

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

I think the invasion of Ukraine by Russia is more a rhetorical one than an act of war. This is about energy more than anything else.

Russia was paying billions to the Ukraine to transfer natural gas through Ukraine to Europe, specifically Germany. Russia built Nord Stream 1 in 2005 and started sending natural gas directly to Germany without involving Ukraine. Prior to 2005 Russia needed Ukraine to move its natural gas to Europe. It was an unpleasant but necessary symbiotic relationship. That started to change when Nord Stream 1 went online. Now Nord Stream 2 is about to go online and there are a whole lot of people in Europe wondering what will come of Ukraine when Russia no longer needs them for anything.

This will put a huge financial squeeze on Ukraine as well as nations in Europe energy dependent on natural gas they previously received from Ukraine since Russia will have complete control over the flow of energy.

A physical invasion is possible, but wont be necessary. Once Russia is calling all the shots energy wise Ukraine will fall in line or suffer the consequences.

For Russia, in the situation with gas transit, everything is much simpler. Nord Streams 1 and 2 will end Ukraine's gigantic theft of Russian gas and become more cost-effective routes. Clean economy and sound calculation. Politics in this matter includes only the West.

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
In order or on order?

medium.com...

www.reuters.com...

Lol

You can think whatever you like. This does not change reality.

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: sraven

Let me just remind you that aggression against Russia has always ended in failure for the aggressors.

Let me remind you the empire and wall fell without a shot fired.

In America, an election was stolen without a shot fired and the wall was never finished.

Touche'

Tell me again how putin manages to get all those votes....
Lol
www.reuters.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

In order or on order?

medium.com...

www.reuters.com...

Lol

Make sure you boys have plenty of tugboats
Lol

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   

In order or on order?

medium.com...

www.reuters.com...

Lol

Make sure you boys have plenty of tugboats
Lol

I will convey your wishes to Putin)))))

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I am not disagreeing with anything you are saying, whether it is the baltics being bought by sweden, or alaska and the usa empire expansion. The discussion is if there are ethnic populations there whether they have their own country, and whether they should continue to exist as their own country. The baltics are their own countries, as is Ukraine currently. from a population stand point they have been given free determination, which means previous territorial disputes are done. They have a right to their own country. On the flip side of that though, Ethnic Russians in Ukraine have a right to be free or join Russia if they so wish, since technically the east side is Russian ethnically anyway. All that said though, at the end of the day, this needs to be contained otherwise this could spiral out of control.

Camain

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Oh excellent someone with access!
Can we get MORE of the shirtless photo ops?
Putin shirtless on a stallion defeating covid would be outstanding!

TIA

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Yeah? We’re the Mongols crying into their beards when they rode through your back passage all the way to Europe? Err, no. Short on history AND intelligence. Wow.

You are no longer the USSR. You are Russia. Only significant because of your nuclear weapons - and a lot of them need some urgent maintenance. Yes, your soldiers are brave and tough. So are most country’s and you make a mistake to think otherwise.

On another note I have experienced a lot of of Russia, far more, I imagine, than you have of the West. It is an interesting country with incredible beauty and history. A lot of good people too. Not sure why you would want them embroiled in a pointless and damaging war that you would inevitably lose if it spilled beyond the Ukraine.

Anyway, as stated. Political compromise will win out. Donbass for Russia. No more.

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: camain

I am not disagreeing with anything you are saying, whether it is the baltics being bought by sweden, or alaska and the usa empire expansion. The discussion is if there are ethnic populations there whether they have their own country, and whether they should continue to exist as their own country. The baltics are their own countries, as is Ukraine currently. from a population stand point they have been given free determination, which means previous territorial disputes are done. They have a right to their own country. On the flip side of that though, Ethnic Russians in Ukraine have a right to be free or join Russia if they so wish, since technically the east side is Russian ethnically anyway. All that said though, at the end of the day, this needs to be contained otherwise this could spiral out of control.

Camain

There are a lot of ethnic groups in the USA. Do you stand for the state independence of each of them?
But what about Great Britain, where there are only English, Welsh and Scots on one island? Sorry, I forgot about the Irish in the Northern part of independent Ireland and the huge number of Indians and Pakistanis on the island. Arabs and others
edit on 25-1-2022 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   

For Russia, in the situation with gas transit, everything is much simpler. Nord Streams 1 and 2 will end Ukraine's gigantic theft of Russian gas and become more cost-effective routes. Clean economy and sound calculation. Politics in this matter includes only the West.

Ahh so the problem is oil & gas profits !!!!

What about the "Green" threat to fossil profits?🦴🥥

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Ahh so the problem is oil & gas profits !!!!

What about the "Green" threat to fossil profits?🦴🥥

No one is forcing you to buy gas. Your right to heat your houses in winter with environmentally friendly animal #. Energy companies and industrial enterprises can use the same)))

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: camain

Thank-you for the quick lesson. Before this Russia-Ukraine issue arose, I knew 0% about the region. Thanks to you, I now know a tiny bit more.

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   

The leaders of the Russian Federation and Belarus approved the updated military doctrine 2021

Here I read the text of the Military Doctrine of the Union State (Russian Federation and Belarus) adopted on November 4, 2021 - www.postkomsg.com...

"15. The use of military force is considered as a last resort only after the exhaustion of political, diplomatic, legal, economic, informational and other non-military measures, if their use seems impossible to ensure military security.

22. The nuclear weapons of the Russian Federation will remain an important factor in preventing the outbreak of nuclear military conflicts and military conflicts using conventional weapons."

I don't see your version anywhere.

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: turretless

Russia already believes that Western aggression against it in various areas is a last resort. A preventive nuclear strike can follow after any subsequent thoughtless step, you have come to the extreme line. This is clearly stated by Putin.
And this has already been repeatedly told in all Russian media by officials. Russia is ready for war. Is the West ready?

Russia has long developed an algorithm of actions when it is attacked by a crowd. The main thing is to instantly destroy the biggest enemy. The rest are expected to fall to their knees.
Russia has long ceased to perceive European countries as a serious adversary. An army of fighting pederasts has never defeated real men)))))

edit on 25-1-2022 by RussianTroll because: Add

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Remember that saying… When someone tells you who they are…. Believe them??!!

RussianTroll!!!!! 😂

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Glad to see you here definitely interested in your perspective...

It might be the salesman in me, but this sounds like a Russian commercial promoting its warfare capabilities. Perhaps Putin intends to showcase these abilities, to sell more weapons.

That said, how many of those steps have been actually used in real-world applications?

I would imagine possibly Syria, but even if these tactics were used there it would be on a much smaller scale than a Ukrainian invasion.

Regardless as it is described is this then nothing but posturing on both sides?

Which Im definitely inclined to believe to be the case.

Greetings my friend. But a little wrong. Remember Crimea-2014. Then the Ukrainian armed forces in the Crimea exceeded the Russian ones by more than 3 times. At the same time, Russia did not violate the Treaty and the naval base in Sevastopol, which allowed Russia to have 30,000 troops in Crimea. Even taking into account the special units introduced by Russia, the number of troops did not exceed 25,000. But this was enough to completely deprive the Ukrainian troops of all means of communication and block them. Airplanes did not fly, ships did not sail, missiles were not launched, there was no communication.
Therefore, 80% of the Ukrainian troops in Crimea went over to the side of Russia and took the oath.
If the special means of Russia played such a role 7 years ago, now these capabilities have increased many times over, and they will undoubtedly be used.

I wasn't sure how extensive Russia's excursion into the Crimea was? regardless make no mistake I firmly believe Russia if it chooses will not hold back and pretty much try every step you have outlined and more. There is nothing NATO or the US could do about it except prolong the conflict. If we still have competent military leaders they have informed Biden of this, and any action Biden takes is pure theater.

That said if you are going to invade, then do it and get it over with, just stop by the Burisma Headquarters and perhaps grab some accounting records and talk with a few longtime executives and employees.

Otherwise what will have to be done in your estimation, to appease Putin? You know to play to Biden's only strength.

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   

A preventive nuclear strike can follow after any subsequent thoughtless step, you have come to the extreme line. This is clearly stated by Putin.

When and where did Putin say this?

Please provide links to your sources.

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Question...how will russia tell we launched missiles when the satellite systems are all offline and yall cant see? If we strike the first layer to go down is the satellites of any non western power in orbit blinding the rest.

And all missiles have hypersonic warheads that are on ICBMs. its called re entry. The submarines are near russia to interdict the hyersonic launchers with missile strikes.

Don't always believe the hype your country tells you.America isnt invincible to attack but your country and its military are in worse shape than ever and the ICBM's less than half work.

Russia wants Ukraines military factories to make arms again for them. this is why they want ukraine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join