It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus' spiritual power - demonstrating the MAGNITUDE of spiritual gifts available to His followers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

This is novel for me, I tend not to get involved with the arguments & discussions in this forum, mainly because I know I'm obsessive by nature, and as a passionately committed Christian, I would become consumed with constant debate & exegesis. I've avoided coming here because I feel that certain other issues in my life are more pressing than the otherwise inevitable long form threads & deep discussions. In the future I can jump in with both feet.

The reason for the thread is up there in the title - I posit that while He lived on the Earth, all of the spiritual manifestations of gifts, healing, deliverance & so forth, were all carried out or distributed to close followers by Jesus the Man, living in respect of the presence of the Spirit as a normal Christian man would have to live in the Christian era following His ascension - all such people whom had been blessed to be born again, filled with the Holy Spirit & favoured with a selection from the full complement of spiritual gifts which are facilitated by the Holy Spirit:

Romans 12:6-8

“We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.” – Romans 12:6-8

Prophecy, Serving, Teaching, Exhortation, Giving, Leading, Showing Mercy.

1 Cor. 12:8-10

“To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues.”

Word of Wisdom, Word of Knowledge, Faith, Healings, Miracles, Prophecy, Discerning of Spirits, Tongues, Interpretation of Tongues.

1 Cor. 12:28-30

“And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues. Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues? Do all interpret?”

Apostleship, Prophecy, Teaching, Miracles, Healing, Helping, Administration, Tongues, Interpretation of Tongues.

Ephesians 4:11

“So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers,” – Ephesians 4:11

1 Peter 4:9-11

“Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides... Amen.”

One thing that strikes me about the manifestation of spiritual gifts, is that the times we live through can dictate to a believer the required magnitude of the application of the gifts he has received, for the blessing & edification of the church, and with all kindness & favour to strangers amongst the people who are in need. It is our duty to seek God and ask Him how we should pray, and to what extent He desires us to manifest the gifts we have received, or perhaps asking for a suitable gift to help overcome some particular situation which otherwise is unmanageable by human strength alone.

In Africa, there have been many, many reports of miraculous healings, even people raised from the dead, by passionate Christians who have no recourse to ordinary medical treatment - the only tool they have is the gifting of the Holy Spirit to heal & uplift - and where there is no other option, ultimately faith prevails & miracles do happen. Such miracles have happened in the UK & in the Western nations, but they are less frequent, because we have the convenience & blessing of modern medicine to depend on.

I'm confident that because we are living in exceptionally challenging times, those persons who walk in the Spirit will begin to develop their faith to new levels, as they imitate the life of Jesus, observing how He showed us to act in all circumstances.

“I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father.

John 14: 12

As the world becomes darker, and as people are segregated & left with fewer & fewer options for the simple, humble life they desire, the power of the Lion of Judah will begin to rise in their midst - they won't take it lying down, instead they will become as bold as lions, working miraculous happenings & great testimony amongst the remnant of humanity, those who will not comply with mandates & control systems based around a blatant depopulation agenda.

God is on our side, and what's more, if the bulk of the peoples understood a fraction of what we have become aware of in the past two years, that great majority would immediately walk to the other side of the hall, voting with their feet for a liberated, strong humanity, rather than a feeble, dying morass of people, propped up by smart cities, the light hidden from them, until they no longer fulfil their purpose, or break down & die due to vaccine after-effects. We know this is coming, we know that the great deception will ultimately be exposed widely, and we know that righteousness & integrity will be on the winning side of history. Let's continue to show courage & stand up for our rights publicly - one courageous protestor can inspire 10 people who were sitting on the fence or hiding from the issues to actually stand up & be counted in the counter-cultural movement to depose & convict the war criminals who are in control of the fiasco.

Jesus showed us what is possible for us to do, for real, in the modern world - as committed Christians who follow His path & seek to apply the gifts of the Holy Spirit, from the very presence & hands of Jesus, directly into our hands, for us to use wisely & with discernment, in power, in agreement with others, supported by fasting & prayer as needed.

It's available to you, to overcome the world.

Revelation 21: 1-7

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “See, the home of God is among mortals. He will dwell with them; they will be his peoples, and God himself will be with them; he will wipe every tear from their eyes. Death will be no more; mourning and crying and pain will be no more, for the first things have passed away."

And the one who was seated on the throne said, "See, I am making all things new." " Also he said, "Write this, for these words are trustworthy and true." Then he said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give water as a gift from the spring of the water of life. Those who conquer will inherit these things, and I will be their God and they will be my children."

FITO

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

This book right here - it's all based on Biblical fact, it's just an easy way to understand and experience the power of Jesus in this day and age for His glory. I have been studying this new learning, which is who I am in Christ and I am seeing miracles occur. This book explains it all - basically Jesus gave us all authority. We speak it and Holy Spirit does the work, the miracles.

Along with that Holy Spirit responds on a deeper level with me - the more I trust, the more I learn about Him, the more He becomes more active in my life. Holy Spirit is the acting spirit of God. He was given to us as our comforter, our guide and He lives inside us - we are now connected like a Holy cyborg with God directly.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?crid=5YP2BIY49W5A&keywords=tom+loud&qid=1643071542&sprefix=tom+ loud%2Caps%2C114&sr=8-1

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddeninsite
I'm not sure about the book you are linking because I won't click on an Amazon link but I love Flys post as well as the words you added.

The KJV bible says draw nigh (near) to God and he will draw near to us. This is very true. Nobody can just find God, yet he is everywhere. When we humbly seek him in faith with a well intended heart he reveals himself to us.

I am still discovering that the more I cast off my fleshly desires and nature and align my will to his, the more he reveals himself.

Our triune God is amazing beyond words. It is not hard to believe eternal Angels at his throne never tire of worshipping him as he constantly amazes them and reveals more of himself.

Heave in his presence is worth far more than we are capable of giving. Good thing the price has been paid for us and we are freely gifted a plan of salvation. I wish nobody rejected that!

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I pray for people,the world we live in.Woke up in my boarding house to a$1400 2021 Impact letter from IRS.
And pray for your departed as they need prayers.

edit on CSTMonpm1961 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

I wasn't sure if I was allowed to copy the Amazon outline, and didn't want to appear as if I am selling the book. It's basically how Jesus gave us His authority and commissioned us to "go out and heal the sick, cast out devils and spread the word" and how the words we speak have power. By speaking healing over illness, casting out illness and pain, it can and will occur by believing and expecting the Holy Spirit to act on those words.

I totally agree with all that you and Fly have expressed. We are spiritual beings having a human flesh (carnal) experience.

The more I take control of my emotions and don't allow my carnal self to have control, the more I connect with Holy Spirit. It has been an incredible and beautiful walk.

I used to think that worshipping God would be the most boring experience, but I know now that being in HIs loving and perfect and Holy presence will have me worshipping with such joy and I do want to sing his glories to Him. It is love and awe being expressed to him.

TDawg61 - I will pray over you and I agree with you as well.

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The age of christian spiritual gifts has passed, there is no need for a third rate sequel.

Spiritual gifts are an end product of developing the body and mind.

Many today believe they're better off not knowing, not being "burdened" by knowledge.

Their growth and development is stunted and crippled, eliminating the possibility of spiritual gifts developing.
edit on 3-4-2022 by SpaceKaren because: (no reason given)

top topics

join