It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When this depression, which has already started, gets momentum, it will overwhelm the plans.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Yes, it is up. But...

Anything after 'but' is irrelevant. The other poster said the Dow was trending down, it isn't.

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 09:00 PM
link   
If you trust this CNBC survey 91% of the informed respondents felt the Federal reserve was late raising rates.
This rate climb is projected to go out until 2024.
Made me wonder if the Fed might start with a half percent rate hike in March as a preemptive tactic?

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Its not irrelevant, its the truth. You are correct, the market is up not down. No contest there. But you are intentionally ignoring the reason why. This artificial suspension of the markets will ultimately fail and the markets will fall from the highest point yet. In simple terms, this one is going to hurt more than the last one.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
You are correct, the market is up not down.

I know, thanks for the confirmation. Maybe you should tell the other poster who is living in a different Mandela timeline.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I usually watch the charts with a five hour or longer resolution.
looks like the Dow Jones made the double bottom but I'm not sure it will make a new top till after interest rates start back down again.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: fromunclexcommunicate
I usually watch the charts with a five hour or longer resolution.
looks like the Dow Jones made the double bottom but I'm not sure it will make a new top till after interest rates start back down again.

It may not, and they are projecting four increases this year which are long overdue.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Americans are already getting a taste of it now with sky rocketing prices and empty store shelves. Even if you have the money for an over priced steak you have to go to 3 stores to find one.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Even if you have the money for an over priced steak you have to go to 3 stores to find one.

Stop buying meat at the supermarket, problem solved. Local suppliers don't need to worry about national transportation or distribution issues and you get a superior product.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 08:51 AM
link   

In a recent bank survey Citi bank appears to be the only bank expecting Chair Powell and the committee not ruling out a 50 basis point rise in March.
I'm old enough to remember what happened back in the 1970's when the Federal reserve was a little late raising rates and had to play catch up. By 1981 the Fed fund rate was at 21 percent and the Hunt brothers were finely done.
If a reporter asks Jerome Powell about ruling out 50 basis points in March I don't think he should lie.

Its Darwinian, retirees my age shouldn't be gambling in risk markets anyways.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: fromunclexcommunicate

I would like to see the Fed get the rate over 5% in the next couple/three years, it's been too low for too long and it adversely affects the markets.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: St Udio
i look at the DOW JONES STOCK MARKET sliding lower on a sustained angle

You looking at an alternate universe Dow? Last January it was 30,960, it closed at 34,364 yesterday.

24 hours later Dow Jones closed at 34,168.
Powell talked about inflation hurting everybody and the people on fixed income suffering the most at the Fed meeting today. Said they are going to fight inflation with aggressive interest rate hikes and we should be smart enough to know what is going to happen to the debt balance sheet. I guess they call that transparency.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: fromunclexcommunicate

OMG! It's down! depopulation agenda inbound.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join