It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That troll you have making fun of you might just not be all that either

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Everyone of us on ATS or who has ever interacted with anyone online has probably experienced some trolls.

It gets even worse if you have your real name, image etc out there.

So i fully know being a streamer who happens to not be, shall we say, the most attractive man ever, I'm gonna get my share of trolls.

I never really cared about it though as long as its just comments. I actually and more affected by legitimate criticism which sometimes i feel neurotic about.

But I had something quite funny happen the other day while streaming.

I have this troll whose entire Twitch channel is waiting until I am livestreaming, then he starts livestreaming my stream, while trying to say how wrong I am while insulting me as a bald fat man

He usually has an audience of about one. This guy then sends me messages on discord, calling me out etc, standard troll stuff.

I took a call from him the other day, he called me a fat (insert curse word) and I basically hung up.

But what happened next was phenomenal

All the other times I dealt with this troll, he didnt have a camera. But this time he did.

So I present to you my 15 minute reaction to finally seeing the image of the guy who mocked my appearance for months on end.

(warning adult language)

The lesson I took away from this is that person insulting your appearance or what you are doing might not be so great themselves.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Lol.. haa.

Watched this the other day. The day you returned here. Gave it a

Edit: thanks for always saying right then on the air, "thank you's" when a donation is made.

edit on 23-1-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Now that you appreciate how desperately lonely and underprivileged this guy is, maybe it's appropriate to be an example for him, like how your character has remained confident and unaffected by his negative energy. He needs help, he just doesn't know how to ask for it. You have influence here and the world (a few thousand people at least) is watching.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   
You're not a bad looking man, nor do I get any off-putting vibes from you. Your troll, however- I can promise you if I were walking down the street and happened to see your troll coming my way I would immediately cross to the other side.

Trolls are stalkers, and stalkers are mentally ill bullies and bullies are cowards trying to hide the fact they're gutless wonders. IMHO lol

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

My approach going forward is to ignore him totally.

Im no saint, nor would i even begin to go about trying to diagnose someone or know whats best to help them.

So the best i can offer is just to ignore him, and hopefully he will decide to use his time more productively.

Or not, i really dont care.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   
My mother taught me, long ago, that people who fell they need to run others down do so because they feel very small and pitiful themselves and the only way they think they can lift themselves up is to lower others.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 01:08 PM
link   

You've just knocked the Chewbacca mask lady off the top spot for most infectious laughter on the Internet.

Loved it.

Should go viral!

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Omfg lmao, I’m going to talk about this tonight on my podcast lol that’s gold!
Talk about Quasimodo calling the bell a whore. Bahaha

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: TzarChasm

My approach going forward is to ignore him totally.

Im no saint, nor would i even begin to go about trying to diagnose someone or know whats best to help them.

So the best i can offer is just to ignore him, and hopefully he will decide to use his time more productively.

There's no obligation to influence but as you become more successful in your streaming channel, you will find that your relationships on camera and on social media impact your reputation. Flame wars can and will start whether you participate or not and can lead to unpredictable consequences for your brand.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   
People have to understand that there is a difference between a troll and someone giving constructive criticism. I see so many people who take it personally when someone tries to correct them. Sometimes the person trying to correct them is using improper info they have learned though, so often they are parroting information that can't be applied to what they are applying it to.

Living in the new society that has developed is hard, people read something and think they are experts. I read a real lot of research and find I need to read more research to be able to properly understand it so I have gone OCD with reading stuff. Which proves I am a NERD. I try to set people straight and always research what others call me out on to see if I am improperly evaluating the evidence. And I do sometimes evaluate things wrong too, but learned to not comment unless I know enough about things. Scientific research is all over the place with half of the research conclusions opposite of others research. In peer review, they cut in acceptance of society and the scientific community as part of their review, so the peer reviewed article sometimes is not even real or applicable just to make it accepted by the medical or whatever science communities it applies to..

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   

So i fully know being a streamer who happens to not be, shall we say, the most attractive man ever...

Well, maybe the second most.

ETA: And your pal kinda looks like Meatloaf after he died.

edit on 23-1-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   
haha... dude actually looks like a troll!!

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I think a lot of trolls, a lot of people generally come to that, are projecting.

For those who don't know, projecting is a psychological defence mechanism in which individuals attribute characteristics they find unacceptable in themselves to another person.

This would seem to be a text book example.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Well you care enough to make a thread here as well as a video on youtube. Anyone making youtube videos could also use their time more productively (dam you have made 1000videos now thats productivity), do you class yourself in that esteemed bracket of 'content creators'

Perhaps he had a point, perhaps not, some would say fat others would say above average weight, at least you got your own back now by making a video about him (now thats productive)

I guess thats what happens when you sell your soul for clicks and views, you get people that have a right to their opinion, some maybe pleasant and others not so, surely you dont just want an echo chamber of views do you....

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

Who is less productive

The guy who made the video (me)

Or the guy criticizing it (you)

“Hey you made a video pointing out the irony of a guy who isn’t that handsome making fun of your looks. That means you sold your soul for views and want an echo chamber!”

Great take!

edit on 23-1-2022 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
My mother taught me, long ago, that people who fell they need to run others down do so because they feel very small and pitiful themselves and the only way they think they can lift themselves up is to lower others.

Yes, and it's the same for bullies , and politicians (narcissists). All cut from the same pathetic cloth.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Looks like Dio.

Watch he doesn't give ya the evil eye....

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Your laugh is great. It had me laughing my butt off. Good stuff.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 07:44 PM
link   

You remind me of my son,a big man with a loud laugh and an
even bigger personality.You cough and choke like him as well
when you belly laugh.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 11:08 PM
link   

So I present to you my reaction to finally seeing the image of the guy who mocked my appearance for months on end.

you're going to need the sword of a thousand truths

edit on 23-1-2022 by Tellurian because: (no reason given)

top topics

join