It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The head of the German Navy has resigned for Telling the Truth

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Germany and russia are best friends now

Germany and Russia will NEVER be 'best friends'....its a bit like saying the UK and France are best mates, a contradiction of terms.

Sure they may have some shared interests - born of necessity - but bosom buddies?
Never.

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Bloodworth

Germany and russia are best friends now

Germany and Russia will NEVER be 'best friends'....its a bit like saying the UK and France are best mates, a contradiction of terms.

Sure they may have some shared interests - born of necessity - but bosom buddies?
Never.

Germany heavily relies on russia oil and gas now.
So Germany will play no hand in getting russia upset.

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 09:25 AM
link   
You know recently I've had the feelings that this whole conflict could have been avoided. The older I get and the more I look at it, Nato is a creature of the past that's mission is kind of outdated at this point. I mean every since the fall of "communism" in Russia, it's served its purpose, I think it should be brought into this century and focus on the real enemy which is obviously China. I would in a way like to see how it would go if rather then threatening to make the countries on his border members of Nato, we just bring them all, including Russia, with the specifics of the deal having to be standing against China and North Korea and I would say probably Iran when we decide to deal with them. I would be interesting to see which way he goes, and make its very clear if you side with them then we're going to put the screws to you just like we do to them. Given the choices of profit or getting bundled in with the rest of countries who refuse to play nice, I think he'd chose profit.

originally posted by: gortex
Vice admiral Kay-Achim Schoenbach was the head of the German navy until he made his comments on Friday at a think-tank discussion in India , Vice admiral Schoenbach is reported to have said that Vladimir Putin deserves respect and that the annexed region of Crimea "is gone , it will never come back, this is a fact".

"What he (Putin) really wants is respect," he said. "And my God, giving someone respect is low cost, even no cost... It is easy to give him the respect he really demands - and probably also deserves."

Mr Schoenbach conceded Russia's actions in Ukraine needed to be addressed, but he added that "the Crimea peninsula is gone, it will never come back, this is a fact", contradicting the joint Western position that Moscow's annexation of the peninsula from Ukraine in 2014 cannot be accepted and must be reversed.

His remarks, which were published on YouTube and widely circulated on German media, were publicly rejected by the German defence ministry which said Mr Schoenbach's views did not reflect the nation's position in either content or wording.
news.sky.com...

In my opinion the words of Vice admiral Schoenbach are true , like it or not Vladimir Putin does deserve respect and annexed territories are rarely or never given back , doesn't mean we have to like Mr Putin but his record as leader of Russia shows he deserves respect.

I get that the Vice admiral wasn't towing the NATO line but his remarks were made at a think-tank meeting which are designed for spitballing and finding solutions to problems and if showing a powerful leader respect and accepting that Crimea is a lost cause avert a looming war then that is what we should do , NATO has created this situation with its continued expansion now NATO need to pull up back from the brink.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: Direne
a reply to: gortex

like it or not Vladimir Putin does deserve respect

Why? By whom? If even he does not respect the Russian citizens, why should anyone respect that oligarch?

He's a strong leader looking out for the interests of his country and standing up to western bullies.

No. He’s like any other let them eat cake dictator.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I do sympathize your opinion, but what if he wants more after he's annexed Ukraine hopefully without not to much casualties?

It's starting to look ugly

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Why? By whom? If even he does not respect the Russian citizens, why should anyone respect that oligarch?

He's a strong leader looking out for the interests of his country and standing up to western bullies.

No. He’s like any other let them eat cake dictator.

Except he is in no way a dictator.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea
a reply to: Salander

No doubt that America is full of hypocrisy. But that doesn't mean we should ignore Putin's crimes.

IMO Putin's crimes are few and far between, especially compared to the crimes of our leaders in government.

He is a nationalist, seeing Russia first and others later. We do the same thing, seeing Israel as first and everybody else as second. At least he had the courage and decency to announce at the UN that he was going to support his ally Syria.

We did not.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

www.washingtonpost.com...

Putin is great if you're not a fan of freedom of press and speech.

And are 20+ year terms as president a healthy thing for democracy?

The u.s. has its corruption and wars too. But, i don't think Russia is better.

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

Yeah, Biden is great too if you're not a fan of bodily autonomy or freedom of expression.

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 06:20 AM
link   

This right here!!!

America imo is an international bully. We love to put our noses in other people''s business where it doesn't belong.

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

I do sympathize your opinion, but what if he wants more after he's annexed Ukraine hopefully without not to much casualties?

I'm not defending Putin but do think he deserves respect like any dangerous animal deserves respect , sadly as we couldn't back away when Poland was invaded we can't just sit by if he does decide to invade Ukraine for the reason you bring up.

Putin is part of the old guard , I'm sure he would like to see a return of the USSR.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 10:32 PM
link   

How’s your respect for Putin now?

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Who’s feeling bullied now?

news.sky.com...

Does Putin have special smart bombs that only go after civilians that aren’t native Russian speakers?
edit on 24-2-2022 by neutronflux because: Fixed

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

How’s your respect for Putin now?

Showing the leader of a country respect is not the same as having respect for the person.

If you'd bothered to read the post above yours you would know how my respect for Putin was before he kicked off.

I'm not defending Putin but do think he deserves respectlike any dangerous animal deserves respect

Thar remains true.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 03:01 AM
link   

But you are right the donbass republics and crimea arent coming back to Kiev even if they go all the way with force is that a risk the current Ukrainian president is willing to take more risks and more bloodshed on both sides?

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 03:25 AM
link   

You

Showing the leader of a country respect is not the same as having respect for the person.

What has Putin done in the Ukrainian that deserves respect not based in fear?

Citizen’s of a country often deserve more respect than their leaders.

You

If you'd bothered to read the post above yours you would know how my respect for Putin was before he kicked off.

And yet, there is a thread written by someone based on “ respect like any dangerous animal deserves respect ” when Putin isn’t an animal. Putin is a human capable of overcoming instinct that has chosen to murder people that he claims as “protecting” under the disguise of protecting Russian speakers.

Now. The question is “ How’s your respect for Putin now? ”

As in, after Invading Ukrainian, how’s your respect for Putin now. The same, more respect, less respect? Which was not answered be, “ If you'd bothered to read the post above yours you would know how my respect for Putin was before he kicked off.”

Can you answer a earnest question without a cop out?

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

It is Russia that is going "all the way with force" Ukraine are doing their best to defend themselves , the Ukrainian president has no option but to counter the aggression against his Country.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 03:35 AM
link   

“ respectlike any dangerous animal deserves respect ”

So we agree that Putin needs disposed of like a mad dog? Is this the respect level?

Can Putin be redeemed on the world stage?

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Can you answer a earnest question without a cop out?

I answered your question but you failed to understand , he is a dangerous animal and I have no respect for him personally but as a leader of a Country who has survived over 20 years as a leader he must deserve some respect , NATO's lack of respect for his security concerns is partly responsible for the position we are now in.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 03:41 AM
link   

You

him personally but as a leader of a Country who has survived over 20 years as a leader he must deserve some respect

Wonder how these people feel about your comments

Mass arrests reported as Russians protest Putin’s invasion of Ukraine

www.marketwatch.com...

I know who gets my respect. Not a person that I have to justify my respect by equating then to a dangerous animal.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join