It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Postal Service suspends parcel deliveries to Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Australians awaiting deliveries from the United States may need to wait weeks or even months longer than expected.

The United States Postal Service has announced a temporary suspension on outgoing parcel services to 21 countries, including Australia, adding to delivery woes.

Australia Post initially updated its site on September 27, stating that the USPS had suspended parcel service due to “air freight capacity issues”.

USPS released a service statement over the weekend, asking customers to “refrain” from mailing items addressed to the listed countries “until further notice”.

New Zealand is also among the list of affected countries.

21 countries that can no longer buy from the USA.

OK, no problem mate.

You don't want to do business with us, fine, goodbye and stick your attitude up your ass.

List of suspensions.

Afghanistan
French Guiana
Mayotte
Sierra Leone
Australia *
Guadeloupe
Mongolia
South Sudan
Bhutan
Hong Kong
New Zealand**
Sudan
Brunei
Laos
Papua New Guinea
Syria
Central African Republic
Liberia
Reunion (Bourbon)
Timor-Leste
Chad
Libya
Saint Pierre and Miquelon (Miquelon)
Turkmenistan
Cuba
Martinique
Samoa
Yemen

How the mighty fall.

P

edit on 22/1/2022 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Australians awaiting deliveries from the United States may need to wait weeks or even months longer than expected.

The United States Postal Service has announced a temporary suspension on outgoing parcel services to 21 countries, including Australia, adding to delivery woes.

Australia Post initially updated its site on September 27, stating that the USPS had suspended parcel service due to “air freight capacity issues”.

USPS released a service statement over the weekend, asking customers to “refrain” from mailing items addressed to the listed countries “until further notice”.

New Zealand is also among the list of affected countries.

21 countries that can no longer buy from the USA.

OK, no problem mate.

You don't want to do business with us, fine, goodbye and stick your attitude up your ass.

List of suspensions.

Afghanistan
French Guiana
Mayotte
Sierra Leone
Australia *
Guadeloupe
Mongolia
South Sudan
Bhutan
Hong Kong
New Zealand**
Sudan
Brunei
Laos
Papua New Guinea
Syria
Central African Republic
Liberia
Reunion (Bourbon)
Timor-Leste
Chad
Libya
Turkmenistan
Cuba
Martinique
Samoa
Yemen

How the mighty fall.

P

sounds like it might be an Australian problem and Australia (Priority Mail Express International packages are still accepted)

www.shippingschool.com...

Due to the Coronavirus pandemic and the closing of international borders, USPS has suspended service to the following countries (updated 1/14/2022)
In order to stop the spread of Coronavirus, many countries have closed their borders and halted any commercial flights in and out. As a result, shipping carriers are unable to deliver any mail or parcels to those destinations…including USPS. This has not only resulted in international mailing disruptions to dozens of countries, but now, also in a total suspension of service. As of January 14th, 2022, USPS has suspended service to the following list of countries, and has requested that all customers refrain from entering items addressed to any of these countries into the USPS system until further notice.
edit on 22-1-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Looks like that went into effect late last year, 2021.
And is Covid related.
Here's a list of the countries, and some explanations.
about.usps.com...

10-5-21

Australia Post advises that operations at its Melbourne offices of exchange (IMPC codes beginning with AUMEL) are currently disrupted owing to government-imposed measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The associated restrictions are having a significant impact on the processing and delivery of inbound and outbound mail items. Australia Post requests that mail destined for the Melbourne offices of exchange be sent to the Sydney offices of exchange (IMPC codes beginning with AUSYD) while these measures remain in place.

9-17-21

Temporary Service Disruption
The Postal Service™ has temporarily suspended international mail acceptance to Australia due to service impacts related to the COVID-19 pandemic. The service disruption affects Priority Mail International® (PMI).

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

It is only recently that US senders have had packages returned to them.

Look up Axanar's website, they had a whole lot sent back.

This world, she is a crazy right now.

P

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Your OP doesn't have a source......

And if U.S. senders are getting their packages back, doesn't it seem Australia isn't accepting them?
edit on Sun Jan 23 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 12:19 AM
link   

"Afghanistan
French Guiana
Mayotte
Sierra Leone
Australia *
Guadeloupe
Mongolia
South Sudan
Bhutan
Hong Kong
New Zealand**
Sudan
Brunei
Laos
Papua New Guinea
Syria
Central African Republic
Liberia
Reunion (Bourbon)
Timor-Leste
Chad
Libya
Turkmenistan
Cuba
Martinique
Samoa
Yemen
"

Which of these countries trade has such a profound effect on the U.S. economy that we should be startled or taken aback by this?
I see nothing lost, from nothing gained anyhow.
But if it makes you feel better to blow off steam and try to use these 21 countries as the basis of some point, I ask, what point is that?

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Melbourne is in Victoria. It is the place where the Police are shooting at people with rubber bullets (for now)

It is under the thrall of the NWO and China.

It looks to me like an excuse to hurt the US smaller business' .

There are many more postal hubs in Australia, why shut down deliveries to the whole country?

Covid my arse!

P

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 08:14 AM
link   

As a hobbyist selling a lot of second hand merchandise via Ebay based in the United States, I am really annoyed by this situation.

I have a number of international buyers, and it seems the *&*$%#!!! US Federal Government continues to make business more and more difficult for people like myself. I am small fry, and probably only sell 20 items internationally in a year, but those 20 items mean a LOT to me, and my buyers too, I am sure.

WTF is the problem? I just think the wrong people are in charge, globally.

Sucks.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad
Did you check out my link?
Sounds more like other countries response to covid.
????

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I did ... but my issue is that Ebay directly has intervened, and stopped offering my items in many of the countries to which I could 'sell' before. They just won't complete the sales. My items are now 'invisible' in these locations. Geesh.

Ebay can be very heavy-handed. I am a fan overall, but it is not a democracy on Ebay, that is for sure. There is no more of the old Ebay motto of 'Democratizing Commerce".

That ship has sailed ... 'sale'd' ? Hah

Edit to add: and ... this is zero response to COVID for medical purposes. I can say that as a medical doctor, myself. This is a political situation ... and 'due to COVID' is a bald faced lie / justification for further nefarious activities IMHO
edit on 23-1-2022 by Fowlerstoad because: see reason above

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I'm sorry to hear that.
And sincerely hope it resolves soon.
Really a shame to politicize illness.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 06:41 PM
link   

There has always been a problem getting stuff from the States. When you look at the freight cost it is twice the value of the article. Then you look at China its free delivery. China is getting a massive advantage as far as global trade goes. The only way to end it is to end trade which is what is happening.

new topics

top topics

join