It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does your poop smell different than it used to?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Well, this question must be awkward from the reactions and has never gotten a satisfactory or serious reply... but what is this "poop" that everyone constantly mentions?

I've surmised that it smells bad and know what it is supposed to look like from numerous emojis... and know certain animals seem to excrete similar stuff from their anterior and I've even personally witnessed that phenomena ... but??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Well, this question must be awkward from the reactions and has never gotten a satisfactory or serious reply... but what is this "poop" that everyone constantly mentions?

I've surmised that it smells bad and know what it is supposed to look like from numerous emojis... and know certain animals seem to excrete similar stuff from their anterior and I've even personally witnessed that phenomena ... but??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think the scientific term is doodie.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: smh4wg
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

It could be your tap water. Check with your water dept maybe. We've been getting bi-annual letters from our water co, saying the water has an extra ppb of chlorine. We switched to bottled water.

I never noticed a different poop smell though.

I guess we've all noticed that sometimes when sick your poop smell changes.

I test chlorine in tap water regularly through my job , sometimes 4-5 times per day. Average range in my area is 1.6 parts per million. I’ve been told if I test it and it’s at 4 parts per million I have to notify our plant. I’ve never seen it higher that 2.6 though.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The smell of our poop changes depending on what we eat. Beef smells different than chicken, chicken is more aeromatic. Eggs give it a different smell too. If we eat salads it smells worse, maybe because it causes some microbes to die or something or maybe a certain kind increases. Bread also alters the smell, and some of the store breads make it smell worse for some reason.

The chemicals they are putting in the foods to help increase shelf life also make it smell, just wash the fresh veggies well.

It could be the covid you had, I noticed a change in smells for almost two weeks on things after the last bout of it, the wife lost her sense of smell but within a month it was back to normal. Everyone I know who had the loss or change of taste from covid had their taste and smell go back to normal after a week and a half. Some people who had the vaccine also noticed their sniffer and taste buds changed somewhat after the jab but I never did follow up on that to see if they had it return back to normal.

Now another thing is that if you can't taste things for a while, you might have started spicing things up more and now you are used to that taste, which comes out in the end too.

Pee smell also changes a lot depending on what you eat.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 11:51 PM
link   

In med school, we were taught to always look in the toilet.

Smell, too. Diet....but since town-wide....I'd say in the water

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

We had a 'serial pooper' on a job one time. We were working way out of town (about an hour and a half) and this dude would phart in the truck all the way to the jobsite every single day, and it was BAD!! Like DEATH, kind of bad! He thought it was the funniest thing ever. Once we'd get to the jobsite he'd hit the Port-o-let and disappear inside for a half hour pooping. We fixed his stinky butt!

We always sat the Port-o-lets on a pallet so we could move them around. After this dude poisoned us with toxic fumes for the very last time, one guy took the forklift and picked up the pallet (with "stinky dude" inside the port-o-let) about 3 feet off the ground. He picked up the pallet so the door to the porta-john was pinned shut. Stinky Butt dude freaked out inside, and he was jumping all over the place inside! (I guess he thought he was 100 feet off the ground). He was bouncing off the walls inside the toilet and hollering. Finally he got so rambunctious that he tipped over the porta-toilet and it fell onto the ground. Stinky Butt dude came out of there like a lightning bolt, and he was completely covered in bluish-green toilet juice they put inside those things! Fixed his smelly *ss once and for all!!

He never pharted in the truck ever again after that!

edit on 1/23/2022 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I noticed this last year when i was sick (i guess it was covid19).
I generally have digestion problems so i am quite aware of my poop smell.
It was a distinct unusual smell, a bit like fertilizer, a bit like soap after i used the bathroom.
It was also in the air outside, the sewage from the block where i lived.
Later this year i smelled it in sewage of other towns.
I would recognize this smell.
Other smells were not altered for me so i don t believe it was a problem of perception.
It made me think maybe this covid19 have some significant interaction with gut flora.
It s possible not everybody can smell this specific scent,
for instance i often can smell musty scent on clothes before anybody.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 03:45 AM
link   
My pee smells like chicken and stuffing crisps/chips these days. I've noticed that, prob just my kidneys packing up though 😕

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

I was at a workplace that had someone or a group of people with psychological issues. I'll spare ATS the details, but the episodes were gross.

What was amusing were all the "theories" that developed as to who the culprit(s) might have been and why they behaved in such a manner. It was an off-and-on topic around the coffee pot.

💩?

Cheers

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I've noticed that a lot.

Whatever I've just eaten or drunk I can clearly smell it on my urine. I don't purposely smell it, the smell hits me.

Often wondered if my body is failing to absorb stuff and just passes it straight out in my pee.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I think your right.

It used to smell like Spring flowers with a hint of honey

Now it smell like sweet fruit with a pinch of brown sugar.

More smart ass comments

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

LOL.

Well at least your guy changed his behavior...

Men handle things so differently I see, lmao. I worked with almost all women, a small group of us of about 12-13.

But also, I suspected that it was our supervisor who was dropping the smelly loads, and how do you bring that subject up to a supervisor? Particularly a supervisor who struggled to manage her own emotions and would sometimes throw tantrums slamming things on her desk and giving the nastiest of attitudes.

Honestly, I was just trying to do a nice thing because sometimes clients came into the building and used our bathroom... and after the suspect unloaded, I'm telling you, it was hard to breath in there... and again the whole entire office would be tainted. And I won't lie, my feelings got a little hurt when the poo pourri that I bought with my hard earned money disappeared... after that I knew that I couldn't stay there forever. It felt quite malicious. I'll never forget it.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Yuck! What's wrong with people? Lol.

It was an ongoing topic in the break room for us as well. Mostly everybody thought that it was rude when there were resources made available that they weren't utilizing.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
a reply to: rickymouse

I've noticed that a lot.

Whatever I've just eaten or drunk I can clearly smell it on my urine. I don't purposely smell it, the smell hits me.

Often wondered if my body is failing to absorb stuff and just passes it straight out in my pee.

If you do not need something, it is taken out by the kidneys and you pee it out.

When you go from hot to cold, or from cold to hot, your kidneys switch things over from heating to cooling or from cooling to heating, which means it has to dump some metabolic chemistries that are floating around in the bloodstream and extracellular fluid...it makes you have to pee when it happens. It takes different metabolic chemicals to do those.

If you stick your hands in real warm water, it triggers the body to get the urge to go. Warmth can trigger the bladder and it's valves to excrete urine...like not having to go pee, then going into a warm swimming pool. That is a little different than what I talked about in the last paragraph.

Some chemicals speed up detox enzymes, common chemicals found in some foods and supplements, and they act as a diuretic. Diuretics are designed off of these chemistries, there are inhibitors and promotors of enzymes in some foods that stimulate the kidneys to excrete certain chemistries to the bladder and that increase can quickly fill the bladder. When blood pressure rises from intake of electrolytes...salts of various kinds...the kidneys quickly start to take those cellular metabolites out of the body, attached to a sodium or chloride Ion most times. If something blocks this in the kidneys, then blood pressure goes up, instead of reducing salt intake they should stimulate the duretic hormone...which some of the medicines do and so do some food chemistries. A lack of anti-diuretic hormone/enzymes will cause you to pee everything out, they have a medicine for that too. Trying to figure out how to moderate these things is complicated, I have been reading a real lot of research but it seems the research is to design meds...not to figure how to fix the problem with diet.

Not all people can smell the sulfur compounds well in urine. I can, I went farther in my research than just focusing on the genetics of being able to smell asparagus pee. That smell cannot be used to diagnose though as far as I can tell, it just gives us the ability to track food consumption. I use my ability to smell sulfurs in urine to identify how my epilepsy risk is, it took me years to be able to do that. Cabbage gives a definite smell, so does asparagus. Broccoli gives a different smell to the urine, broccoli does not work to control my seizures either for some reason...no effect at all of seizure reduction from broccoli.

I am trying to figure out how to use the smell of urine to judge a condition. Color and smell of urine is used to judge some diseases, it is the opinion of the person sniffing it though at the lab. I suppose they now have a regular tester for that and lab people do not need to sniff anymore.

Floating poop is not just because of gas in the poop either, it can be from lipids, stenhorrhea is the name for that. The fat can come from the blood and fat reserves in the body too, it is not always a bad thing happening, The liver can just be cleaning up triglycerides and LDL and dumping it into the bile...something taurine and silimaron from milk thistle sometimes stimulate.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   
i also think, you change the protective human biome on your hands with all this sanitizing, and you can change the entire human biome.

It's going to lead to way more problems than Covid, wait and see.

But I guess we know the drill by now: "They got the poison; they got the remedy"!
edit on 23-1-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 07:49 AM
link   
My poop is unvaccinated.
Smells normal.

Color, texture, loaf size...all normal.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   
...and then there's asparagus!

Seeing as how we're on the topic of gross stuff...one of the funniest episodes of South Park I ever saw was this episode where Stan was smearing poop on the wall of somebody's house (I forget why he was doing this). Cartman comes in and is admiring Stan's work and says..."Nice touch with the 'hangover poop'!"

I about fell off the couch cracking up!

Then of course there's the famous scene from the movie Van Wilder where Dick Bagg is in the interview with the doctors and can't hold it any longer after his GF made him a shake full of Mega Colon Blow. He gets to the point where he is gonna' blow, drops his shorts and dumps a major load in the trash can of the guy's office. I'm not sure which was funnier, the death-howl, or the exclamation of..."I'm bleeding!".

posted on Mar, 17 2022 @ 03:23 AM
link   

I'm experiencing the same thing after having covid. Covid has messed with my sense of smell and taste quite a bit. Hamburger tastes like and smells like some spicy authentic Indian dish. I can't taste salt, can't taste mint, whole milk tastes like skim milk, faucet water and the clean water tastes the same, coffee is disgusting now, Honey Smacks cereal tastes like vagine, sometimes I can taste chocolate. I can't smell the smoke from a fire pit, cigarettes, if my dog stinks, gasoline, scented candle wax, hockey equipment along with many other common adors. To me anything that comes out of the 'ol fart box smells like spicy Indian food just like hamburger. Ground beef is ruined now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join