It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ryder Wins First British Gold Skiing Medal In Fifty Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   
At the Skiing World Cup Mr Ryder took the Gold in the Slalom. Not a huge fan of competitive Skiing apart from Bi-Athlon but any British victory has my respect and admiration, particularly after the Ashes debacle.
Just to add at the time of writing The Windies put England in to bat and they have lost three wickets in two overs. That's twelve balls in case of you Americans are wondering what the hell I'm on about.
www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 22-1-2022 by Granitebones because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2022 by Granitebones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Granitebones

Good for him.

I think part of the issue is the UK just doesn't have the same mountains as many places.

A good example is I live in the Northeast of the United States. The best skiing on the East Coast is probably Vermont. The highest elevation mountain is 4-5,000 feet.

It looks like the highest location in the UK is in Scotland, and it's also under 5,000 feet. The UK is probably roughly similar to the east coast of the US, with barely sufficient mountains for skiing.

However, I grew up in California. The west coast of the US (California, Colorado, etc) and Canada have 14,000 foot mountains and countless huge ski resorts. It's far, far better skiing.

Just like, in Europe, those near the Alps are at an advantage.
edit on 22-1-2022 by Madviking because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2022 by Madviking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The only real Ski resorts are in Scotland and they're green and pleasant for around about eight months of the year.

81 for 7.
a reply to: Madviking

join