It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake here today in Japan M6.5 no tsunami though

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Being woke up as the earth was moving for 3 to 4 seconds, this was one of the big here in southern Japan. This happen in southern Japan. Most areas at m5 and m4.

all is well here, but I seen much damage
some people were injured

Day and Time: Jan. 22, 2022, 1:08 a.m.

Epicenter: Off Miyazaki Prefecture. N 32.7, E 132.1

Depth: 40 kilometers

Preliminary magnitude: 6.4

Seismic intensity scale: Upper 5 out of maximum 7

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Gods speed my friend !

Miyazaki Prefecture on southern Japan’s Kyushu Island is known for its beaches and oceanside drives. Aoshima, a popular swimming beach, is connected by a pedestrian bridge to tiny Aoshima Island, which is surrounded by a distinctive flat, ribbed geological formation nicknamed Oni no Sentakuita, or “Devil’s Washboard.” Prominent Pacific Coast surf spots include Hyuga, Kisakihama and Shirahama.

Be safe !

An earthquake with a magnitude of 6.6 rattled southwestern and western Japan early Saturday, resulting in at least nine injuries amid strong shaking although no tsunami waves were triggered, the weather agency and local authorities said.

The focus of the quake under the Pacific Ocean was within a zone off Japan's coast where an earthquake causing a massive tsunami is predicted to occur in the future. The Meteorological Agency said it will study whether the latest quake is connected in any way with the one feared to be coming.

The quake occurred at around 1:08 a.m., logging an upper 5 on the Japanese seismic intensity scale of 7 in Miyazaki and Oita prefectures on the country's southwestern main island of Kyushu, the weather agency said.

At an intensity of upper 5, many people find it hard to move and walking is difficult without holding on to something stable.

The agency later revised the magnitude of the quake upward to 6.6 from the initial estimate of 6.4. It also warned of the possibility of another quake causing a similar level of shaking in the hard-hit areas within the next week.

After the strong quake, several smaller-scale temblors occurred sporadically in the area.

In Oita, six people were injured, most of them slightly, according to local governments. In Miyazaki, police confirmed four injuries, including a woman in her 50s who fell out of bed.

Injuries were also reported in Saga and Kumamoto prefectures on Kyushu.

A temporary power outage occurred in Oita Prefecture after the quake, while water pipe ruptures were reported at several sites in the city of Oita.

At a house in the city, a 2-meter-tall stone wall surrounding a garden collapsed

edit on 21-1-2022 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2022 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher

Gods speed my friend !

Miyazaki Prefecture on southern Japan’s Kyushu Island is known for its beaches and oceanside drives. Aoshima, a popular swimming beach, is connected by a pedestrian bridge to tiny Aoshima Island, which is surrounded by a distinctive flat, ribbed geological formation nicknamed Oni no Sentakuita, or “Devil’s Washboard.” Prominent Pacific Coast surf spots include Hyuga, Kisakihama and Shirahama.

Be safe !

An earthquake with a magnitude of 6.6 rattled southwestern and western Japan early Saturday, resulting in at least nine injuries amid strong shaking although no tsunami waves were triggered, the weather agency and local authorities said.

The focus of the quake under the Pacific Ocean was within a zone off Japan's coast where an earthquake causing a massive tsunami is predicted to occur in the future. The Meteorological Agency said it will study whether the latest quake is connected in any way with the one feared to be coming.

The quake occurred at around 1:08 a.m., logging an upper 5 on the Japanese seismic intensity scale of 7 in Miyazaki and Oita prefectures on the country's southwestern main island of Kyushu, the weather agency said.

At an intensity of upper 5, many people find it hard to move and walking is difficult without holding on to something stable.

The agency later revised the magnitude of the quake upward to 6.6 from the initial estimate of 6.4. It also warned of the possibility of another quake causing a similar level of shaking in the hard-hit areas within the next week.

After the strong quake, several smaller-scale temblors occurred sporadically in the area.

In Oita, six people were injured, most of them slightly, according to local governments. In Miyazaki, police confirmed four injuries, including a woman in her 50s who fell out of bed.

Injuries were also reported in Saga and Kumamoto prefectures on Kyushu.

A temporary power outage occurred in Oita Prefecture after the quake, while water pipe ruptures were reported at several sites in the city of Oita.

At a house in the city, a 2-meter-tall stone wall surrounding a garden collapsed

Yes, we live in the quake area. m4 actually. In the morning our house moved for about 4 seconds. Only cracks noticed. No tsunami. It was very strong quake. The quake was off of Oita Prefecture in Kyushu.
Much small damage around many areas, but I have not heard of deaths , just injuries.

This was a very strong quake people, please understand that.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Ahem…

Uh, we (ATS) could probably use a Quakewatch 2022 thread. You just need to know how to link in the previous year’s thread and maybe tend for a couple days (chew with your mouth closed; say “thank you” at the end of the meal)).

I am my phone too often these days to do one justice.

Just an idea, if feel up to it!

Because….

The whole Ring of Fire may be heating up this year and your quake might be a piece of the puzzle!!

PS - Any other takers on a QW2022 thread??

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 02:37 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 08:42 AM
link   
How scary !!!! I am not from an earthquake region, so I can’t imagine being woken up to that .

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I am glad you are ok, Earthquakes are scarey...I always hope and pray the the buildings are built with good solid materials and have an excellent foundation,

top topics

join