It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pfizer's Paxlovid and Merck's Molnupiravar Received Emergency Use Authorization

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I got this important update in my email. Sharing for those that are interested.

Sorry I cannot link.

Recently, Pfizer's Paxlovid and Merck's Molnupiravar received emergency use authorization (EUA) by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Below is important information about each of these treatments including clinical trial data, eligibility criteria, and dispensing locations for prescribing practitioners to direct prescriptions. The Florida Department of Health is prepared to provide Florida’s health care providers with these treatments as they are distributed by the federal government.

Pfizer's Paxlovid

The FDA has issued an EUA for Pfizer's Paxlovid (antiviral pill for oral use). Paxlovid is authorized for the treatment of mild-to-moderate COVID-19 in individuals ages 12 and older weighing at least 40 kilograms (about 88 pounds) with a positive COVID-19 test result, and who are at high risk for progression to severe illness from COVID-19, including hospitalization or death.

Clinical trial data showed that Paxlovid significantly reduced the proportion of people with COVID-19 related hospitalization or death from any cause by 88% among patients treated within five days of symptom onset and who did not receive COVID-19 monoclonal antibody therapy treatment.

Paxlovid is available by prescription only and should be initiated as soon as possible after diagnosis of COVID-19 and within five days of symptom onset.

Paxlovid is administered as three tablets (two tablets of nirmatrelvir and one tablet of ritonavir) taken together orally twice daily for five days, for a total of 30 tablets.

Paxlovid is not authorized for use for longer than five consecutive days.

Paxlovid is not authorized for the pre-exposure or post-exposure prevention of COVID-19 or for initiation of treatment in those requiring hospitalization due to severe or critical COVID-19. Under the EUA, health care practitioners, patients and caregivers, and frequently asked questions fact sheets are available on the FDA's website.

Merck's Molnupiravir

The FDA has issued an EUA for Merck's molnupiravir (antiviral pill for oral use). Molnupiravir is authorized for the treatment of mild-to-moderate COVID-19 in individuals ages 18 and older with a positive COVID-19 test result, and who are at high risk for progression to severe illness from COVID-19, including hospitalization or death, for whom alternative COVID-19 treatment options authorized by the FDA are not accessible or clinically appropriate.

Molnupiravir is available by prescription only and should be initiated as soon as possible after diagnosis of COVID-19 and within five days of symptom onset.

Molnupiravir is administered as four 200 milligram capsules taken orally every 12 hours for five days, for a total of 40 capsules.

Molnupiravir is not authorized for use for longer than five consecutive days.

Molnupiravir is not recommended for use in pregnancy or when breastfeeding.

Molnupiravir is not authorized for the pre-exposure or post-exposure prevention of COVID-19 or for initiation of treatment in those requiring hospitalization due to severe or critical COVID-19.

Clinical trial data showed that molnupiravir reduced the proportion of people with COVID-19 related hospitalization or death from any cause by 30% among patients treated within five days of symptom onset and who did not receive COVID-19 monoclonal antibody therapy treatment.

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 06:22 PM
link   
So, these are the high priced replacements for Ivermectin?
I assume these are new, and mostly untested drugs?

Serious questions.

Well, one drug is not new, but a re-purposed HIV drug.

Ritonavir is a medication that’s been around since 1996. It’s usually combined with other medications to treat HIV. But with Paxlovid, ritonavir helps prevent the body from breaking down nirmatrelvir. This means larger amounts of nirmatrelvir keep working in the body longer.

www.goodrx.com...
edit on Fri Jan 21 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
So, these are the high priced replacements for Ivermectin?
I assume these are new, and mostly untested drugs?

Serious questions.

Well, one drug is not new, but a re-purposed HIV drug.

Ritonavir is a medication that’s been around since 1996. It’s usually combined with other medications to treat HIV. But with Paxlovid, ritonavir helps prevent the body from breaking down nirmatrelvir. This means larger amounts of nirmatrelvir keep working in the body longer.

www.goodrx.com...

I thought it was interesting. Mainly because it was sent as a practitioner update.

Repurposed HIV med, approved for experimental use. Why does that not make me feel safe, secure, and in good hands, with our FDA?

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I can interpret this for everyone and also this is my application for being a "journalist" at CNN:

1) Cheap, generic, easily manufactured drugs with years of safety profiles (HCQ, Ivermectin): dangerous, ineffective, horse medicine! Need more testing!

2) New, lucrative, patented, Big Pharma cash cows without long term data of any kind: OMG it's going to cure Covid and is so promising. 1 study with limited sample size and questionable research methods great! Fauci stamp of approval.

Oh wait, holy sh#t, I already have an email from CNN offering me a job.

WTF the CDC and FDA just called about an offer too.
edit on 21-1-2022 by Madviking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Madviking

I can interpret this for everyone and also this is my application for being a "journalist" at CNN:

1) Cheap, generic, easily manufactured drugs with years of safety profiles (HCQ, Ivermectin): dangerous, ineffective, horse medicine! Need more testing!

2) New, lucrative, patented, Big Pharma cash cows without long term data of any kind: OMG it's going to cure Covid and is so promising. 1 study with limited sample size and questionable research methods great! Fauci stamp of approval.

Oh wait, holy sh#t, I already have an email from CNN offering me a job.

You nailed it!

Give the Madviking a job!

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 06:55 PM
link   
At least they always give people a clear and concise choice

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Thanks!

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Yep they want to ram the darn mRNA crap in every orifice of our bodies for profits.

And people are going to run to the doctors to get this crap in their body.

If covid do not kill them the darn remedies will but slowly and painfully.

What a joke.

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Sounds like a combination HIV-Ivermectin cocktail. Should make a new movie called "Revenge of the Faucis: The second HIV". I'll just take the Ivermectin or Quinine thanks, I don't need the HIV on the side...

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Yep they want to ram the darn mRNA crap in every orifice of our bodies for profits.

And people are going to run to the doctors to get this crap in their body.

If covid do not kill them the darn remedies will but slowly and painfully.

What a joke.

More experimental drugs for the controlled useless eater guinea pigs.

I guess we should be glad we are not hamsters.

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 09:20 PM
link   

So which one of these is ivermectin with a spec of something else in it?

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

So which one of these is ivermectin with a spec of something else in it?

I don't know. I could not find any real data on nirmatrelvir.

All the information is referencing Paxlovid a combination of Nirmatrelvir and Ritonavir.

We know that Ritonavir is an old drug used for the treatment of HIV. The combo called Paxlovid, is pure guess work and experimental.

When are we going to just stop allowing ourselves to be guinea pigs for a virus that is not that deadly, and is almost at the end of its run?

We can't be that damn afraid or that damn stupid. Can we?

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 04:59 AM
link   
These are supposed to kill HIV.......so was HCQ and ivermectin.......
I've said it before we will see a big push to get tested for AIDS because of the HIV banding in the vaccine.
Pfizer just wants to charge a boatload of money to get rid of the diseases they gave you because people were oh so willing to listen to the govt

new topics

top topics

join