It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more buying from Canada Computers for me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 05:24 PM
link   
So... I went into Canada Computers in Newmarket to pick up a case. It was a Bitfenix Dawn TG, advertised with 1 rear A-RGB and 3 front A-RGB fans and controller. The price was right, so I picked up the last one and walked to the counter. I checked with the salesperson at the counter that this was the Bitfenix case with the 4 A-RGB fans and he confirmed that it was. So, I paid for it and walked out the door.

I get home and get ready to move equipment from my old case to the new case. I open the sealed Bitfenix box and check the case inside, nothing broken, but I notice there is only one A-RGB fan and two non-LED fans on the front. That wasn't what was advertised on the Canada Computers site. So I go check the site to confirm 1 rear and 3 front (all A-RGB) fans and I take screen shots, confirmed. I leave a "ticket" for the company on their site explaining the problem. They get back to me and tell me to send an email to the store, which I did of the copies of the email(s) I sent to head office.

The store doesn't respond by email, so I call. I eventually get the manager who says that it's head office's fault and all the store can do is give a refund. I ask why they can't simply take three A-RGB fans off the shelf to fulfill what was advertised? The manager says all he can do is give a refund. I bundle everything up and take it back to the Newmarket Store to get my refund.

I get to the store carrying in the case and pretty much as soon as I put it down, this little twerp behind the counter tells me to put on my mask. I said no. He said, "then I can't process your refund, you have to put on your mask or go wait outside."

I saw f**king red.

Here I am, returning a misrepresented product, fraudulently advertised and where no one wants to take responsibility to fix the issue. It's cost me two hours and $20 in gas, plus now some little twat wants to tell me to put my mask on? F**k them, I have health issues, they can pound sand, that's a human rights abuse issue right there. But it gets even better....

He told me he couldn't process my refund unless I put on a mask or waited outside. That is extortion, which is criminal to be sure. I waited outside, got my refund, so I complied with the extortion simply because my money was involved, they were holding my money hostage.

So, this is simply a warning for anyone who plans on buying from Canada Computers ANYWHERE.

From my experiences, I would say that Canada Computers

1. Are human rights abusers/abuse supporters Evidenced in store).
2. Will and do use criminal extortion (evidenced in store).
3. Will and do misrepresent products (evidenced from their site).
4. Will commit fraud (evidenced from their site).
5. Do not take responsibility (shown in person, email and by phone).

This is my experience with Canada Computers.

Canada Computers

Cheers - Dave
edit on 1/21.2022 by bobs_uruncle because: added pics or it didn't happen lol

edit on 1/21.2022 by bobs_uruncle because: added pics and link or it didn't happen

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Nice to know.

I've never dealt with them and now doubt I would.

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 05:54 PM
link   
A lot of little twerps feel empowered now. They seem to really enjoy messing with people and have no shame much less professionalism. They then go brag to their coworkers and friends about what an edgy thing they did.

When people are upset, the best way to diffuse the situation when you can't actually fix it is to simply acknowledge why they're upset and show some understanding. Not give some dead-eyed who gives a # attitude that further infuriates them or repeat company policy like a damned robot. This is management 100% allowing it to happen.
edit on 21-1-2022 by Paschar0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The mask mandates are stupid for so many reasons. Recently, while sick, I walked up in the cold to my drug store to get some basic goods before I had to take my long walk to work, and realized I forgot my stupid mask. So I had to walk home, coughing in the cold, to get that piece of material so I could get access to my drug store. I've said it before and I'll say it again. We are living in the stupidest time in recorded history.

Thanks for warning us about this company. I've personally blacklisted so many companies at this point I sometimes have difficulty finding places to shop.
edit on 21-1-2022 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Friend? Got nothin to help you....but your location Tonite!

Rotflmao! "Colony of Canadakastan"!!! Hey, I love you guys.

Across from Windsor.... the river... in the "D"

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Friend? Got nothin to help you....but your location Tonite!

Rotflmao! "Colony of Canadakastan"!!! Hey, I love you guys.

Across from Windsor.... the river... in the "D"

I went to Detroit once, bought a sh!tload of soundproofing foam sheets for my recording studio. It was great foam, but the roads were questionable and the cracks whores..... priceless. lol

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 09:34 PM
link   

We're working on the roads n the 'walkersn are all online...

Hey...we're tryin. But...Whitmer you know....stay well..

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Canada Computers

Cheers - Dave

3 and 5 - yup
2 and 4 - will cost you more to prove than it's worth
1 - grow a pair, snowflake. You must live an incredibly pampered life if you think that's an abuse of your human rights. Go out and meet and listen to someone who has been actually oppressed sometime.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Canada Computers

Cheers - Dave

3 and 5 - yup
1 - grow a pair, snowflake. You must live an incredibly pampered life if you think that's an abuse of your human rights. Go out and meet and listen to someone who has been actually oppressed sometime.

I spent 4 years in the killing fields in subsahara Africa, Angola, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Zaire, Congo, etc. and I have probably seen as much death as any funeral home director, so snowflake? I don't think so.

I have seen human rights abuses, our soldiers tortured and killed (what was left of them), innocent people blown to hell with pipe bombs and makeshift claymores, necklacings, babies ripped in half by bouncing betties in the Limpopo, the dead on my lethal perimeter systems, etc. BTW, killing terrorists is not abusive since they go after soft targets and kill innocent people. However, abuse is abuse, regardless of the level. What you are basically saying is that a little abuse is ok or maybe a little rape is ok or maybe a little death by phrmaceutical/medical misadventure is ok or maybe a little totalitarianism or communism is ok or maybe a little lying is ok in the media. It's not, you either draw the line at none or you get moving goal posts.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   

If these things are true, you can legitimately sue them and win easily. Instead of ranting about it, you could actually be doing something to change it. Fraud is especially bad thing to do, and will often get strict punishments. Unlawful extortion is also frowned upon. If you can prove even a few of those things, you should have a juicy lawsuit on your hands that you are very likely to win.

Corporations can't do whatever they want, they have to obey the law and legal system, and if they don't, they can be sued.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

Why would it cost anything to prove?

Also, are you saying if a lawsuit is going to be expensive, no one should sue a corporation guilty of crime?

To add, why couldn't it be financed with a loan - surely if you have evidence and show it to the one you loan money from, they will happily agree to the loan, then you can win, pay the loan back and profit. Also, isn't JUSTICE more important than money anyway?

top topics

join