It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ab-so-tiv-ely ROTTEN!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   
UGGHHH! Yesterday I went to see the doc and I got my 2nd Shingles shot (at the wife's urging).

Today I feel like I got ran over by a bus! Just feel ab-so-tiv-ely ROTTEN!!

He said I was probably gonna' feel crappy, but he didn't tell me I was going to feel like a great big steaming pile of crap!

Chills, body aches, nauseous, lethargic and my arm feels like I got hit with a point-blank 12 ga shotgun round!

Holy Cow!!

edit on 1/21/2022 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Sounds rough, thank goodness I already had Shingles Twice.
Now I won't need a shot.

You sir, have been going through some stuff lately. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Edit: in the meantime. Enjoy a cup of hot chicken noodle soup and some OLD TIMEY Radio.

edit on 21-1-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Weren't you recently ill? I read the vaccine- any vaccine, really- shouldn't be given to people who are immunosuppressed either by drug treatment or underlying illness. Maybe your system wasn't quite ready to handle a vaccine or some of the ingredients used to create a strong response.
Maybe give your body a few months to balance itself before throwing anything else into the equation?

I hope you feel better soon!
edit on 500000033America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Weren't you recently ill? I read the vaccine- any vaccine, really- shouldn't be given to people who are immunosuppressed either by drug treatment or underlying illness. Maybe your system wasn't quite ready to handle a vaccine or some of the ingredients used to create a strong response.
Maybe give your body a few months to balance itself before throwing anything else into the equation?

I hope you feel better soon!

I asked about that, and they said it was okay.

I just didn't expect to feel this crummy! Wow!!

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Sending absotively vibes.

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I got shingles then got the antiviral right away, stopped it dead in it's tracks.

To this day when I get stressed I get a small line of bumps on my chin. That is what was there before the antiviral stopped it.

Anyways speedy recovery!

PS. my Dr said she saw a ton of 20 somethings with shingles!
edit on 21-1-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I guess it's some nasty stuff, shingles.

I've never had it but have known several people who did (including my father). No fun at all from what I understand.

The way my luck has been going lately it would be just my luck to come down with it, so I figured I better go ahead and get the 2nd shot.

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I guess it's some nasty stuff, shingles.

It burns like the devil! For some it is very disfiguring and can also cause blindness.
I was very lucky that I knew what it was and went right to the Dr. A lot of people think
only the old can get it, so they think they have poison ivy or something else and don't go to the Dr. until it has
really spread. That's too bad beacause it is so easily treated IF caught early, or vaccinated.

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Shingles are the worst and you got to be careful where your breakout occurs, and yes I still occasionally get where the patch that popped up initially will partially appear and be a little itchy and it's been 12 years since Ive had shingles.

I try and take lysine every day it's supposed to lessen the symptoms, cause supposedly there is a connection to shingles and Meniere's disease which a doctor has told me I probably have too

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 04:15 PM
link   

One guy told me it feels like someone is running your skin through a cheese grater.

I don't think that would be very fun.

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I thought it was related to the chicken pox (?)

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   

My friends wife works in a dermatology clinic and since the 'vaccine' her cases of shingles have gone up like 200% in patienits they are seeing.

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: putnam6

I thought it was related to the chicken pox (?)

It is.
On another note, in the US many states vaccinate kids for Chickenpox saying it is a dangerous disease,
in the UK they don't, saying it is a mild disease. Interesting right?

www.cdc.gov...#:~:text=Shingles%20is%20caused%20by%20varicella,one%20episode%20during%20their%20lifetime.

Shingles is caused by varicella zoster virus (VZV), the same virus that causes chickenpox. After a person recovers from chickenpox, the virus stays dormant (inactive) in their body. The virus can reactivate later, causing shingles. Most people who develop shingles have only one episode during their lifetime.

edit on 21-1-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Gee. sounds like they gave you a pfizer covid shot instead of the shingles shot. You know some doctors do use deceit like that and nurses are so used to giving the covid shot that they might have misread the shingles part.

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Gee. sounds like they gave you a pfizer covid shot instead of the shingles shot. You know some doctors do use deceit like that and nurses are so used to giving the covid shot that they might have misread the shingles part.

They better NOT have!!!!

Else prepare for a multimillion dollar malpractice lawsuit!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: rickymouse

They better NOT have!!!!

Else prepare for a multimillion dollar malpractice lawsuit!!!

The way you are feeling sounds completely like the side effects from the shingles vaccine

www.cdc.gov...

They are all related to herpes zoster, chickenpox, shingles, tinnitus, Meniere's. A while back I was having a slight outbreak and I went to the doctor and they gave me a steroid shot. It knocked it down but according to the very expensive ENT I had to get later, it makes the virus run and hide, and sometimes it gets wrapped up in the nerves in your ear, causing ringing and hearing loss aka Meniere's, or that is the theory it's far from certain.

That has been 5-6 years ago but I swear by lysine I take pills and even get a cream to put on the patches and it works pretty good.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Update - Feeling remarkably better today! Still not 100%, but definitely leaps and bounds better than yesterday!

At least I feel human today!

Just thought I'd share an update for anyone interested in shingles vaccines and effects.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I'm glad you are feeling better.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 07:48 AM
link   

PS. my Dr said she saw a ton of 20 somethings with shingles.

The chicken pox vaccine increases shingles cases.....mainly in young adults.
elifesciences.org...#:~:text=Vaccinating%20 one%2Dyear%2Dolds%20against,re%2Dexposed%20to%20the%20virus.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Shingles is the worst!!

I had a real bad reaction to chicken pox (still have the scar of the first one to show up). I got the whole “touching the face, especially the eyes” speech way before anyone else had even heard of it. And got the “ritual” doctors go through before surgery. Eff Elmo! I know how to wash my hands!!

Anyway, right on schedule, I get shingles and waste away on the bed for a week. The pain in my side staid around for three or four weeks.

Trust me, a few days of sick as a dog is better than a month’s of recovery!

Best of wishes on the recovery! Nice time to make soup!!

top topics

join