It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Footprints in Ancient Geological Layers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

The notion that humans co-existed with dinosaurs is patently ridiculous. The articles Cooperton cited start at 1905 and end somewhere around 1970. It's all a bunch of nonsense.

Dating stratigraphy is a well developed science. There are multiple methods to date rock and bones which complement each other. That means the results agree with each other.

Anyone trained in geology is familiar with these methods. Crackpot religious beliefs are not science.

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423

The notion that humans co-existed with dinosaurs is patently ridiculous. The articles Cooperton cited start at 1905 and end somewhere around 1970. It's all a bunch of nonsense.

Dating stratigraphy is a well developed science. There are multiple methods to date rock and bones which complement each other. That means the results agree with each other.

Anyone trained in geology is familiar with these methods. Crackpot religious beliefs are not science.

Not trained in geology, but a P.H.D in BS. Anytime anyone uses religious sites as scientific fact, is subject. Happen to live 40-50 miles from the Texas site which contains human tracks n dyno tracks. Took my son there a couple of times when he was young. Proven hoax.

Actually love this stuff n want to be a believer. Then I grew up.

Denny

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Fascinating thread. I think these pictures either prove that we know nothing about rock formation and the time it takes, or we’ve been around way longer than accepted. Either way it is incredibly interesting from a number of perspectives. I mean it changes very little here and now, but does it prove that humanity has gone through many rise and falls? Does it prove that some cunning time travelling cockwomble’s are playing with us? Anatomically similar aliens running barefoot millions of years ago?
Very interesting.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Aye, human footprints in granite
Granite forms deep underground as molten rock cools. I guess they must have been cavemen. Clad in asbestos

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968
Fascinating thread. I think these pictures either prove that we know nothing about rock formation and the time it takes, or we’ve been around way longer than accepted.

Actually, I think they just prove that some people are very ignorant of basic geology and will believe absolutely anything if it suits their small-minded religious agenda

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968
Fascinating thread. I think these pictures either prove that we know nothing about rock formation and the time it takes, or we’ve been around way longer than accepted. Either way it is incredibly interesting from a number of perspectives. I mean it changes very little here and now, but does it prove that humanity has gone through many rise and falls? Does it prove that some cunning time travelling cockwomble’s are playing with us? Anatomically similar aliens running barefoot millions of years ago?
Very interesting.

No, what this thread proves is that people are too gullible for information they want to be true. Almost all of the photos are hoaxes (proven many times over) or natural formations of minerals (the London hammer).

People are so desperate to believe and Cooperton is well versed in creationist deception.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Cooperton is like a broken record on a perpetual motion machine. He posts the same crap over and over and expects a different result from the audience.
Sad state of affairs.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Is that Sara Palin ?

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesman462002
Is that Sara Palin ?

Looks like her, doesn't it. Have no idea if she's a Creationist or owns a dinosaur. Cooperton would probably know.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaCook

originally posted by: Phantom423

Not trained in geology, but a P.H.D in BS. Anytime anyone uses religious sites as scientific fact, is subject. Happen to live 40-50 miles from the Texas site which contains human tracks n dyno tracks. Took my son there a couple of times when he was young. Proven hoax.

Actually love this stuff n want to be a believer. Then I grew up.

Denny

Problem is the entire world shares drama,stories, historical accounts, religious texts, unexcavated mismatches, unknowable knowledge, misplaced tech and accounts of it, claims of energy sources and machines, giant bodies, cone heads, figures whom we take at face value till they say something non mainstream and segregate that sole part as mythology, a big deal regarding Antarctica nobody will share that gets heads of churches and nations to rush down in a 48 hour period, contemporaries even like Neil Armstrong and Aliester Crowley telling about things experienced firsthand or known by their positions which are considered paranormal nonsense, the elite being unapologetically and in your face kinda into occultism and magic and ancient gods not to mention the governments of major nations practicing remote viewing, time travel, dimension hopping, and other black op experiments and it all adds up to the supposition someone out there knows something about the truth about history and extra dimensional phenomena and aliens and metaphysics and DNA and mind control and so on and so on and those known tidbits are so revolutionary were they to be revealed that humanity in its entirety would change overnight in the most profound ways and some entity or brotherhood or elitist pieces of crap are wielding ridiculous power, control, riches and so on by keeping it to themselves and the way I see it, religious texts are first and foremost the basis of the literature which those people fear and or revere so I wouldn’t discount it too quickly. Even the Bible for example is a book with so many nuances and mathematical impossibilities to have been penned by any human short of maybe Da Vinci like IQ who happened to live ten thousand or so years and singlehandedly control the creation of the Hebrew and Greek languages...Jew, Christian or atheist, if you find that hard to believe you simply don’t know enough about the Bible and it’s numerological miracles of math for example to know what you’re talking about. Well fine, maybe it was placed somewhere in history from another time I’ll be ok with that too. But usually if 300 people tell you the same thing and as a fact, there’s more fact behind it than there are networking 5000bc storytellers just really serious about their hobby.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Why do these discussions about anachronisms usually get bogged down by spats between religious dogmatists and atheists?

Each view has holes that one could drive a mining truck through.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
I've always suspected we had very advanced ancient societies and have indeed walked around on this earth far longer than we are told. There has long been evidence of this. Looking at the UFO's one finds in old paintings and ancient monuments, one wonders if that ancient technology was really alien. For all we know, 'aliens' are human beings who went underground with the old tech.

or up and we are just coming back.

i always thought the time line for us was off.

just think. they say we developed in 2-3 mil yrs? the earth is 4.? bil ? and the dino's had to be wiped out for us to happen. 65 mil ya.

there is a lot of time left. on both ends of the time line.

it's been awhile but i loved me some larry niven. he had some interesting ideas. the protector was one of my favs.
anyway the thread reminds me of

one cool part where workmen were digging a tunnel or something in 2billion yo bed rock and hit something that was in stasis and it was pissed off. took the worlds military might to force it back in. lol.

nice thread!

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

i am a firm believer that we are not the first humans to rise to high civilization

our history has been lost to time.

the structures that are left over that we all know about that we couldnt even build today says that something more was going on than guys in loin cloths with copper tools hitting some of the hardest rocks in the world(that copper, even work hardened can cut) exist all over the world so it its not like it was a one off civilization.

i believe the earth is billions of years old and i think humans as we are now is millions of years old.

but i don't think a lot of these OOPA's are legit.

we are looking in the wrong places, we need to look at the places that are just sand now. I would bet you under the sands of Africa and the middle east there will be lost cities

then we have items found in coal that are 10's of millions of years old, what's that about? hard to fake finding something in a coal vein and pictures are taken in situ

i also think we should look for the longer lived radio isotopes of nuclear weapons, the decay chain would still allow you to know if nuclear weapons were used in the past.

there was a supposed natural nuclear reactor found in Africa that is still putting out tiny amounts of power when it rains. Why is there only one of these natural reactors? they should be all over the place.

we are a species with amnesia

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

" then there is the possibility the footprints were left by time-travelers to the primal Earth environment "

I have Serious Doubts that Time Travelers to Earths Ancient Past went Barefoot ...................NEXT .

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
The theory about how humans evolved on Mars and some unknown disaster made a one way lifeboat to earth.

This was my first thought when learning about Noah and his ark as a kid.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

I LOVE out of place artifacts! One of my favorite books is Forbidden Archaeology: The Hidden History of the Human Race I first had this book in PDF format which I found here on ATS when i first joined. I finally found a hard copy at a local bookshop about 40 mins away so I made a day trip just for this book. It is my most looked at book when I actually have people over. It always makes people curious. When I had the PDF version I use to stay up into the wee hours of the morning googling everything in that book.

Our history is so much cooler than we are led to believe. It's sad honestly if you ask me. We are kept in the dark about the truth of our planet and our own history and for what?

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
then there is the possibility the footprints were left by time-travelers to the primal Earth environment

What a great tangential theory - I love it!

It’s just about impossible to rule anything out as technologically impossible given infinite time. So how can we say for certain that travel into the past won’t at some point become doable. In which case why not suspect one or more of these footprints to be a time traveller?

Take it a step further into the catch-22 hall of mirrors of the infinite and we may end up being the creators of the human species, or even of space-time itself!?!

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Can we harness that energy (perpetual motion) and distribute it for free? a reply to: Phantom423

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I mean, this is some cool reading for archaeological mystery buffs who enjoy a gripping Dan Brown meets Arthur Doyle procedural investigation novel. But I have to ask, because I didn't see the question raised anywhere in this topic...

Where are God's footprints? I assume he has the capacity to make them because there's a poem about it. You can't study philosophical implications under the microscope. Where's the fossilized callouses and biological residue?

originally posted by: Baddogma
Why do these discussions about anachronisms usually get bogged down by spats between religious dogmatists and atheists?

Each view has holes that one could drive a mining truck through.

Because often there's some agenda involved, and this site is all about doing righteous battle with less than righteous agendas.

edit on 23-1-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Very interesting OP. Thanks for the thread. Is some of the "evidence" a hoax? Maybe, but there is way too much stuff out there for it all to be pushed aside as nonsense. Michael Cremo is a interesting guy at least and the op didn't even really get into his stuff. Steve Quayle has some thought provoking things out there as well. I really get a kick out of how some representatives of "science" seem to get so offended when the establishment is questioned. To be fair it isn't just earth scientists who feel that way. If covid has shown us anything it is that the medical establishment cannot be questioned either. Once respected doctors in their field who disagree are now quacks. I always thought there there should be no such thing as settled science because there should always be open the possibility of new discoveries is any field. How many have the courage to bring something to light if it throws a wrench in what is currently thought be true? How many journals would even be willing to publish their findings? Science is either dead or on life support. They can put down religion all they want but they seem to be the ones who preach to the choir. Nothing new to see here, move along.
edit on 23-1-2022 by 25shadesofgraybeard because: poor grammer, sorry football hangover

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join